Keto challenge

(Teresa (turtle)) #81

On the 7-day challenge you can have cream in your coffee - there’s a video from Dan Quibell showing how he makes his coffee and it includes that (1 to 2 TBS worth!). He does mention that black coffee is best though. :coffee:

(Tricia) #82

@Knapper88, Hi! Yes, I saw that video, but he used 1/2 & 1/2, and almond milk. I should just be open to try it! Lol Just not my on my 1st cup in the morning. :wink: Thanks!

(Teresa (turtle)) #83

I believe when he used the h&h he said it wasn’t ideal and should’ve used HWC though?

(Tricia) #84

I can’t remember! Lol I’ll have to watch it again.
Are you doing the 7day challenge? Or the bacon experiment?

(Teresa (turtle)) #85

Yup, I am attempting the 7-day challenge. So far down 3 pounds from 169.8 since it started on Friday.

(Tricia) #86

Yay you!!! Are you liking it? Are you hungry at all?

(Teresa (turtle)) #87

Yes I am liking it however, it’s not really any different than how I ate before the challenge. I am probably 95% carnivore at this point anyway. So for the challenge menu, when it lists any greens like the spinach I do not have it. I will go for the bacon and eggs and the two 3 oz. bacon burgers and keeping the side of pickles, I have made the breakfast casserole and ate them for the daily meals (not just for breakfast).

(Tricia) #88

Oh, ok good! I’m gonna try it in a couple weeks. I might be moving, and I didnt want to have the challenge on my mind. So, once I find out I’d like to try it.

(Ashley) #89

Update, went up to 219.5 tonight. Wondering if I’m going to have a Woosh again like the other day. We will see over the next few days. Still 1lb of bacon to 1 1/2 pounds. So I’m up from 218.2 from yesterday.

(Ashley) #90

Update #2 : I remembered yesterday I weighed with my shoes off, did the same just now and apparently I’m still 218.2. So my shoes weigh over 1lb lol.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #91

I’m holding steady at 130.5 last 2 days. Which rather amazing because I haven’t followed the plan at all and instead had a massive “cheat” by going through a Costco sized bag of macadamia nuts in 2 days.

Well, back to eating right today.

I think I would have been more disciplined with the bacon experiment. The problem is the other one is too similar to what I would already eat, so it’s too easy to add something here or there that isn’t really part of the challenge but okay Keto wise.

I’m thinking of just wrapping this whole thing up and starting the Zorn fast instead since I’ve already messed this all up.

What do you think. Should I try to get back on the wagon here or should I go for the fast?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #92

I don’t seem to have any trouble with the thicker slices. And a pound of thin-cut bacon is just as much meat and fat as a pound of thick-cut.

(Teresa (turtle)) #93

On day #1 of the 7-day challenge I weighed 169.8 lbs, today I weighed in at 165.4. I’ll take it! :smiley:

LeeAnn, I had terrible diarrhea and stomach cramps when I tried a bacon fast last month. Some of us just don’t seem to be able to handle that much fat. Funny, fat bombs don’t bother me at all!

(Ashley) #95

Great job! I just found if funny my shoes weigh 1.5lbs almost lol

(Ashley) #96

Go for the fast if you think that would work! I may be doing the fast for a few days before I jump into the other challenge!

(Ashley) #97

She was doing the other challenge! I’m the one doing the bacon challenge!

(Teresa (turtle)) #98

I may try the bacon challenge next week! :bacon::grin:

(Ashley) #99

Let me know if you do how it goes, I think I’m going to try the other challenge after this and possibly after a fast

(LeeAnn Brooks) #100

We were talking about slices. So say 8 slices of regular bacon vs 8 slices of thick cut or back bacon would be almost double the bulk.

Of course 1 pound is one pound.:rofl:
I mean I’m blond, but not that blond.:joy: