Keto challenge

(LeeAnn Brooks) #61

132.4, so fluctuation up. Not too concerned about it. According to FitBit, I’m 4 days away from my next period (FitBit tracks this now), so I may not show much loss during this challenge.

KCKO

(Ashley) #62

Not too worried either! Gota eat so you will go up and down from weigh in. Wow I didn’t know they track that lol, can’t track mine as I’ve always been abnormal on times, never consistent. Bacons in the oven, had a late start today as we had a festival in my hometown with all the yummy fried foods :frowning: my cherished elephant ears and :hotdog:. Stayed strong. KCKO, also for me, bacon on!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #63

I’m beginning to think I have a touch of a stomach bug and it wasn’t my EF (and the way I broke it) that made me sick.
I’m nauseous again today.
The thought of eating anything is not appealing at all. This is at the most going to be a OMAD. Maybe even a full day fast.
Not exactly following the plan there, but I gotta listen to my body. And right now it’s saying “put anything in me at your own peril.”

(Ashley) #64

Oh definitely. Tbh it probably would help if anything with seeing any change in weight. I’ve adjusted mine slightly, still all bacon but yesterday was 1 1/2 pounds. Just ate one pound today and it may be it for the day since I left it later. We will see. Do what feels best for you!

(Ashley) #65

Update: I don’t know if I’ve lost weight. I’ve settled on OMAD 1 pound of bacon. I just don’t feel hungry after. Tomorrow I’ll know later in the night (eastern time) if I’ve lost any weight yet. I feel better actually. OMAD is growing on me. I’m hoping I can find a decent routine to maybe continue that.

(Tricia) #66

Glad you’re doing so good!! Keep it up!!! :wink:

(Ashley) #67

Thank you, so far been easy!!!

(Tricia) #68

@Anniegirl9, hows your challenge going? Did you get a stomach bug?

(LeeAnn Brooks) #69

It’s been a rough few days. Just when my nausea subsided my gallbladder/GERD kicked in. I’m not really sure which it is. My Dr says GERD but I still think it’s my gallbladder.

Anyway, I’ve still been doing strict Keto, but I haven’t exactly followed the plan today.

What about you? Are you following the plan?

(Tricia) #70

Sorry you’ve had some rough days. At least you’re keeping on Keto! Good for you!!
I wanted to do the 7-day Challenge, but I didn’t. :confused: I just can’t give up cream in my coffee. I know that sounds silly, but is the one thing really look forward to. I did print out the plan, so I may calculate all the calories and macros to see if I can as adjust the fat so I can have my cream in coffee!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #71

The calories in the plan are actually a bit low.

I don’t see any reason you couldn’t just add your coffee and cream.

(Tricia) #72

Are they low? I only glanced at the plan. I probably could just my coffee and cream.
I wonder if they will post the total weight lost along with a average per person pound loss? I read the last group list 500.4 #, but didn’t say how many people were in the group. :thinking:

(LeeAnn Brooks) #73

I read a post from the bacon dude (can’t rwcall his name) that the plan was approximately 1200 calories per day. I was shocked it was so low as he actually upped his own calories when he did the bacon experiment to 2500 I believe.

And when I did stick to it on day one, it was a bit over that, so yeah… I’m a bit confused on that.

(Tricia) #74

Hmmm, that is low! Were you hungry?

(karen) #75

I think a pound of raw bacon has about 2500 calories, so it’s mostly about what you did with the grease.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #76

The week challange is different than the bacon experiment.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #77

Not really, but I can fast over 24hrs now. I make sure I up my calories when I do OMAD by only eating very fat dense foods. Otherwise I will reach satiety now with too low of calories.

(Ashley) #78

Just weighed in at 218.2, starting was 221, I went up to 222.9 I think, was headed by work so I snuck in and weighed. So about 3 pounds almost from starting Friday and 5lbs almost if you include my bump to almost 223.

(Ashley) #79

I cook mine low and slow to preserve as much as I can in the bacon itself, plus I do double thick bacon so it’s longer to cook through the fat

(Ashley) #80

It’s because if you don’t do low for too long and switch it up, if confuses your body which allows your body to stay confused so it doesn’t settle.