Keto Calories+ Macros+ Ratio+ OMAD

(Sg) #1

Hi, So yes, I new and I’m just started my keto diet yesterday, yeyy!!..So I used this keto macros calculator online and my results are:

Carbs: 20 grams
Protein: 60 grams (modified this myself to 65 grams)
Fat: 100 grams

Calories: 1,250 (I changed to 1,240)

I’ve lost weight on the same deficit 1,250, since, 1 year and a half doing normal high carbs macros 40 30 30 and since 5 months ago started doing intermittent fasting, etc…that’s another story, it helped me lose weight, but I stopped at some point because I wasn’t eating enough (like 600 calories a day ) and felt WEAK.

My question is:

Isn’t 100 grams of fat TOO MUCH fat for me to start with? I personally think I can handle it but I’m just curious about it. I do fasted cardio 30-45 minutes a day 6 days a week, sometimes with 10 minutes of some Pilates movements, and maybe 1 session of 40 minutes fasted HIIT a week (not always).

Should I start with this ratio and macros? is it safe for me?

Me: Female, 26yo, 5, 4, 120 pounds, I guess my fat% its something around 18-20%…thighs are my problem areas. I want to reach 116lb and get rid of the excess of fat.

Also, on myfitnesspal app (to those who are familiarized with the app) in my nutrition board my macros looks like this:

TOTAL GOAL LEFT

Protein ----------64 ----- 65 ---- 1g

Carbohydrates 33 ------ 20 ------ ( -13g) (overpassed with 113 grams on carbs)

Fat --------------- 94 ----- 100 ------ 6g

Fiber ------- 16 ---- 25 ---- 9g

So if my total carbs consumed make a total of 33 grams but my fiber marks 16, that means I still good and my NET CARB is 17 (that means I could consume 3 more net carbs, right?) And is it safe for me to consume 100 GRAMS OF FAT IN ONE SITTING??

I just finished yesterday a 3 days HARD DRY fasting. I purchased a bottle of Ketones strips, my ketone was pretty high since the 2nd day I started the fasting, this morning (I had already consume some food and liquids last night after finishing the fasting) and this morning I woke up in ketosis as per the strip marked. I do intermittent fasting everyday, so I did 30 minutes fasted cardio (till in ketosis here, nothing crazy, but positive) and waited 30 minutes to eat my very first keto meal OMAD, a couple of hours later I went to check my ketosis level again and I was negative (those macros above are not for that meal, anyway, but for tomorrow). But 79 grams of protein, 35 carbs in total with 27 of fiber (do math here) and 85 grams of fat.

Hope you can help me with this doubts, it would means a lot for me because I’m really putting commitment into this.

Thanks for reading me!

(Megan Johnson) #2

You sure have done your research, in the starting stages of keto, I have noticed the higher fat is better.

Don’t be so fouces on the macros though, with my clients and even myself, I have noticed that s
When I get too caught up with macros I lose the joy of living. If you focus of meat, veggies and some times nuts, dairy and fruit. That should be enogh.

When people get too close to 1200 calories it could hurt metabolically until you are fully keto adapted and using fat the main fuel.

Regardless, of the macros and food. You got this! It may be hard, but if you can do a dry fast you can do anything! :yum: Don’t forget about electrolytes though.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

The most important part is keeping carbohydrate under 20 g/day. That will calm down your pancreas, lower your insulin level, and give your body access to any excess stored fat you might have hanging around.

You probably don’t have to change your protein level from what you were eating before. This is a moderate protein way of eating. The standard advice is to eat between 1.0 and 1.5 g/kg of lean body mass/day, but there is plenty of room to go up or down with that.

The fat is there to replace the calories you are no longer getting from carbohydrate. You will need less of it, because it has over twice the calories per gram that carbohydrate has. Fat stimulates insulin production the least, so it is, ironically, the safest source of calories, if you want to lose weight.

We advise eating fat to satiety, which means get enough food at meals, so that you are not hungry between meals. This may seem like a lot of food at first, but you will quickly find, as your insulin level drops, that your satiety signaling will kick in, and your appetite will drop noticeably. Paradoxically, there are reasons for not eating too little, but getting enough food will actually promote fat loss.

As a woman, you may find yourself putting on lean muscle, even while losing fat. This is perfectly normal, but it does confuse your scale. You might find it helpful to take your measurements as a baseline for comparing later. Also, bear in mind that your monthly hormone fluctuations are going to affect the pattern of weight loss. This, too, is perfectly normal, though it can be frustrating if you want to lose in a hurry. Give it plenty of time. A ketogenic diet has many benefits for our health, quite apart from helping us get rid of excess stored fat.

Of course there is no guarantee that those extra 4lb will come off of your thighs. You may need to change up your exercise routine by adding some resistance type exercise.

(Sg) #5

Hi, Safi…yes! I was thinking that I need to build some muscles…but I’m so scare to bulk up because every time I try a new legs, buttock workout I thighs tends to bulk up easily.

(Sg) #6

Hi, PauL!..thanks a lot for those clarifications, really helps to understand things better. :slight_smile:

(Sg) #7

Hi, thrivingonfat!..totally agree, counting macros can be exhausting, but I’ve learned to have commitment and since this is totally a new way of eating for me I think I’ll stick to counting macros until I get more familiarized with all this…Weird, I went from 120 to 18.5 pounds (weighted this morning) yesterday morning I was 19.5 before my very first keto meal ever…I guess it’s water.

Thanks!

It’s a common concern :slightly_smiling_face: I do weights plus mountain biking so my quads were getting a bit bigger than I liked. I ended up dropping my weighted squats & replaced them with weighted donkey kicks & some mixed straight/lateral step ups on the plyo box - that seems to have worked for me. Of course I’m in my mid 40’s so it could just be that my estrogen is dropping & thus changing my weight distribution pattern but I like to think it’s all my own hard work :laughing:

(Megan Johnson) #9

If it doesn’t overwhelm you and if that’s what helps you get used to the diet then go for it.

Yes, somedays the scale seems to have a mind of it’s own.

Water is a great keto meat after a fast. :laughing:

Good luck.