1/2 tsp salt
100g chocolate 100%[/INDENT]

Tools
[INDENT]food processor with knife insert
oven
baking sheet without beveled edges
baking paper[/INDENT]

Preparation
Mix the dry ingredients well in the food processor, run the engine, add the chocolate and wait until the chocolate is finely chopped. Add butter and almond butter and wait until a fine paste has formed.
Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
Line the tray with baking paper.
Distribute the mixture evenly on the baking sheet.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Take out of the oven and let cool for about half an hour.
cut into pieces and carefully remove.

Surely you mean almond butter in the recipe list. Almond paste has added sugar == of course not as much as the next step towards diabetes for ground almonds…marzipan!

(Bob M) #3

Almond paste does seem to have a lot of carbs…maybe that’s why I haven’t heard of it.

it depends on the brand
mine is pure almonds.

(Bob M) #5

What’s the difference between the paste, meal, and flour?

I see some terms being used interchangeably while others argue against that practice.
This case is no exception.

Actually I should have mentioned I mean full fat finely ground almonds.
Grind it any finer and the end product sticks together or is even an oily paste.
However, whether or not it is made of blanched almonds or not, should not matter for this particular recipe.

That oily paste is also used in this recipe, but you could also turn it into marzipan.

What I never use is de-oiled flour. Not only is this a by-product from oil production and might thus have been overheated, but also why would we use such a product in a diet that should be high in … fat.

Almond paste overwhelmingly refers to a 50/50 mixture if finely ground almonds and sugar