Keto bread recipe ahead! You will be ADDICTED TO this recipe!

recipe

(seg biwej) #1

Recipe: https://ketodietforhealth.com/6-years-of-keto-recipes/
Keto bread recipe ahead! You will be ADDICTED TO this recipe! Sorry, not sorry! I absolutely love this bread substitute. I like it better than cloud bread, which is also pretty amazing. I too mine with sesame seeds or fine grated mozzarella cheese. You can top them with anything your little Keto heart desires!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #2

I don’t know that addiction and bread substitute is really the greatest idea, but your life is yours to live.

(Doree Mortillo) #3

Thanks, I dont love the Oopsi bread, too eggy… Thank you for sharing!

(Rob) #4

I’ve tried this recipe (it seems to be copied from other websites as are the other articles, recipes on the site). They were very meh… rubbery (thanks psylium husks), overly expensive and not really worth the effort.

More importantly it is a weirdly anonymous site with no format consistency and only been around a short time. I’d bet is it just copying other’s content in an attempt to cash in on keto. I’d stick to reputable sites where you can see the authors and assume you are not being secretly hacked… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Edith) #5

They are the buns from the Diet Doctor website.
And, they are good!

Edith

(Pat) #6

this bread is delicious. I gave my son a slice today to try and he said it was delicious then he wondered “what makes it rise?” I remembered the egg whites and baking powder…oops…he’s vegan! Is there an alternative to the egg whites I can use so I can make some for him?
I am hooked on this bread and looking forward to having poached eggs on toast for breakfast.

(Pat) #7

I’ve hit a problem with my bread so I hope someone can help me. I decided to make bigger rolls so I could slice it like a loaf but when I slice through it there’s a hole at the top and it’s solid on the bottom. Am I mixing it too much or should I just stick to the smaller rolls? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

(Edith) #8

I’ve run into the same problem. I’ve even tried poking the dough before baking to no avail.

I have found that the big air bubble comes in handy because I can fill it with stuff and it makes the sandwich easier to eat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Omar) #9

I followed exactly the recipe but the core remain soft while the outer shell is done

I made a batch following the Diet Doctor yesterday evening and had one for supper with some homemade rillettes. Theses rolls are yummy, with a nice flavour, mouth feel and chewiness.

Thirteen hours later I had almost exactly the same for breakfast but with an additional 15g of butter. And immediately I had that pre keto, sinking, too much wheat-bread or Sunday dinner feeling. It was a massive, overwhelming sleepiness and I needed some strong coffee to revive me. I’ve not had this since starting keto 24 days ago - even with my deviations off plan.

Why did I feel like this? Any ideas? Thank you.

(Edith) #11

This is a total conjecture reply from me.

I get about 7 rolls from a recipe. Therefore, each roll has:

6g protein
10g fat
10g carb
7g fiber

That would be only net carbs of 3grams. But, when does the body secrete insulin in response to food that’s been eaten? When it’s in the stomach or when it gets to the small intestine? I’ve wondered about net carbs because even though we can’t digest most of the fiber, does our pancreas still respond to the total carb content?
I don’t know the answer to these questions.

My thoughts are that your pancreas is reacting to total carbs and maybe the 10g (or however big your rolls are) is too much carb.

The other thought is a reaction of some kind. Maybe you have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients. For example, I bet most of us eat way more nuts and nut products on keto and our bodies didn’t mind them in small quantities, but when eating them as a meal replacement or the main ingredient in a keto baked good, if there is a sensitivity, it comes out due to the larger quantity.

Anyhoo, that’s just my two cents. Maybe someone else will weigh in.

Btw, what are rillettes? :blush:

This is interesting: my nutritional report on MFP for these rolls is very different:
Servings 6.0 (not 7 ~ but the figures below are too different to account for 1 roll!)
Amount Per Serving
12g protein
3g fat
1g carbohydrate
11g fibre

So I listed a few values for different almond flours, again on MFP, all 100g in weight to make the comparison easy: and the values differ wildly.
(I tried to paste the list here but it changed itself into text from a table and so became gobbledegook.)
But when compared with whole almonds some flours were similar and others were not.

This makes me think about manufacture.

While shopping for the almond flour I compared ground almonds, which were creamy yellow with almond flour which was quite white. So had the almonds been processed, and maybe almond flour is a by-product of making almond milk?

I want to know what I’m buying and eating, and none of this is quick and easy, and who do we trust?

Rillettes are a traditional French way of preserving pork and making an everyday meat spread. Essentially put cubes of belly pork and some herbs into a slow oven for a few hours. Take them out and strain the fat into a bowl and keep. Using two forks tease the meat fibres apart, return them to the fat and season with lots of pepper and salt. I pack the mixture into small pots - but you could choose any size of dish. Some of the fat floats up and covers the surface and so would exclude bugs and hence preserve the meat below which would be useful before the days of fridges.

There are loads of recipes, some include game, some are fish based. Pure yumminess and one of the best reasons for eating keto!!!

Oh, and I felt just as washed out after my lunch with the only carb coming from some green leaves. Bonkers.

(Edith) #13

Another thing to check is make sure you are getting 5g of Sodium a day, that’s about 2 teaspoons of salt.

The rillettes sound yummy. I may have to find a recipe. Thanks.

(Edith) #14

Also, I am using US nutritional information. The US uses total carbs and then grams of fiber. Europe uses net carbs, so if your carbs are 1 gram, and your fiber is 11grams, that would be 12 grams of total carbs.

(Lisa Rose Burt) #15

I’m after a decent Keto yeast Bread recipe to make in my Breadmaker. Any ideas? X

(Full Metal KETO AF) #16

This is because almond flour is made from blanched almonds so the brown skin is removed, and the flour has a finer creamy white texture. Almond meal is ground whole almonds, usually more coarse in texture. Use flour for biscuits, pancakes, cakes, roux and stuff where you want a finer smooth texture. Almond meal is good for cookies and breading and probably some other things, I haven’t used it. And no, almond flour isn’t a byproduct of almond milk. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #17

You can look for a low carb bread recipe that uses vital wheat gluten. That’s the only way yeast will work in bread, with gluten. Might not be the best thing to include in a Keto Diet but the starches have been almost completely remove from vital wheat gluten, it’s the protein part of wheat. The stretchy part of yeast dough. You have to make up the bulk of the bread with flax, psyllium, oat bran or whatever to make it. I have never done it but I used to be a baker for a while.