Keto bread online

For those in Europe - simplyketo.de sells keto food online. I got their bread with a delay- it was a bit soft and not very fresh, but toasted ok. Had a bagel and a toast with some full fat cheese- almost like old times. ALMOST! But not really - and it didn’t taste as good as I was hoping. Maybe I am over sandwiches? I also ordered cookies which tasted way too sweet for me now. But I was curious t what’s on offer over here. Some keto products are still unavailable in Europe -so you have far greater choices in America. I am hoping that will change as it catches on.

I checked the ingredients and they look ok. :slight_smile:
Waaaaaay too many seeds and seed flours for me, but it is probably ok for others. :slight_smile:

I have the feeling bread no longer interests me. The anticipation was greater than the benefit. Looks like I prefer cauliflower mac and cheese now.

Have you ventured into chaffles?

@OgreZed Oh yes- found out what they are here and bought myself a waffle maker too. They are fresh and much better than the stuff I bought online. But I thought I would have the taste memory of a toasted sandwich from before Keto, and it just wasnt even close.
But I was less disappointed than I expected !!!
Looks like I am enjoying this way of eating so I am not missing a lot.
But the thought of baking my own bread is just a step too far for me. One day I will try keto ice cream though.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6

Well thank you for this idea/reminder that this exists. I should make some loaded cauliflower mac n cheese.

@x-Dena-x
Check out headbangers keto recipe on youtube. It is by far my favourite. :smiley:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #8

I think I shall. You had me at headbanger. :metal::blush:

(Jeff S) #9

My new favorite variation of cauliflower mac and cheese has no cheese. It uses a mixture of butter, mayonnaise, and nutritional yeast. I know - sounds weird - but it is really good!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #10

Jeff, you have me intrigued, and also scared because not only is there intrigue, but I have all these ingredients, namely the Bragg’s Nutritional Yeast.

Can you tell me how you prep it? Eaten hot or cold?

(Jeff S) #11

We buy frozen chopped cauliflower from Costco. So I just open a bag and put it in a microwavable container (or you could boil or steam it) and Nuke It! Nuke It Good!

Then I add a couple of table spoons of butter (Kerigold), mayo (I use some brand of avocado mayo), a generous amount of Bragg’s Nutritional Yeast, and salt and pepper to taste.

Super easy and oddly delicious.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #12

I imagine the yeast adding an almost bechamel-like flavor. Well, I guess that’d technically be nutmeggy, but I can see it. I’m slightly scared, only because of the hot avocado mayo.

It’s hard to find avocado oil mayo that doesnt add lime or rosemary. My store carries about 10 different kinds, and like zero of them are just avocado oil. They spruce it up with lime (despise) or rosemary (doesnt belong).

I want my cheddar in my mac and cheese :face_with_raised_eyebrow::angry: