Keto bagels

(Cathrine Helle) #1

I made these friday before we went on a trip with our boat saturday. Very nice vehicles for cream cheese and smoked salmon! Mine didn’t look as good as the ones pictured in the recipe, but tasted great :slight_smile:

(Mike Ehl) #2

I made these but I used cheddar cheese and added a little bit of garlic salt. They sure were tasty and scratched that itch for bagels! These are going to be a staple from now on! Thanks for posting!

(Joan Hulvey) #3

This version is made with yeast and PORK RINDS! It came out very chewy and satisfying. More importantly: no blood sugar spike.

Warm 1.25 c water to 105-110 degrees. Mix with 1T active yeast and 1T fermented honey (next time I’ll try less honey, although the yeast eats the sugar anyway). Leave in a warm place till bubbling. Add 1T tapioca, 2T psyllium, and 2T chia, mix with the yeast mixture and leave till gelatinous. Meanwhile, crunch up 2.5 oz pork rinds (about 2 cups). Add other dry ingredients together with pork rinds: 1/3 c coconut flour, 1/2 c superfine almond flour, 1/4 c hemp hearts and 1/4 c egg white powder and 1/2 tsp sea salt. Set aside. Mix together 1 tsp baking soda with 1T apple cider vinegar; blend with 1 whole egg and 1T kefir. Knead everything together. Let proof at least 3-4 hours till doubled (preferably overnight). Separate into 12 portions. Brush with an egg wash and bake on a preheated stone to 375 degrees for 8 minutes; rotate stone and bake another 8 minutes.