Keto and Fasting have changed my life! 8 months into this, never going back!

(Ben Swanson) #1

Hey all!

My name is Ben and I used to have an addiction to sugar.

Growing up I was always fed pretty healthy and I worked out a lot so I was fairly fit. Then I moved out in my own, got a job that I worked a minimum of 84 hours in a week and I started smoking and eating fast food pretty much exclusively.

I got to the point last year on my 26th birthday where I was out of shape and spiraling downward fast in health. I stopped being able to enjoy the things I used to love doing and I stopped socializing because I was so ashamed of myself.

I decided that I needed to change my diet. I knew that I couldn’t outrun my extremely poor diet. So I started researching and I eventually stumbled on this absolutely insane diet called Keto, this magical way of eating that allowed me to eat bacon and butter and lose weight. This absolutely went against everything I had learned growing up, but I was at my wits end and I decided to dive in. I quit smoking and quit my carbohydrate filled diet on November 16th and haven’t looked back.

So here we are 8 months later. I’m healthier and fitter than I’ve probably ever been in my entire life. I regularly fast, mostly eating one meal a day and occasionally going for longer. I eat lazy Keto, so I don’t meticulously track my macros and it’s worked incredibly well for me.

Any questions at all, I’d love to answer!

As an aside, I’m going to be hanging out at Ketofest next week! Looking forward to networking and meeting some of you all! Who’s going?

That’s awesome Ben! Wish I was going to KetoFest, maybe next year.

(Ben Swanson) #3

Hoping it will be a great time! It will be my first venture over to that side of the US.

Thank you!

You look great! Congrats :grinning:

(Sharon) #5

Congratulations, Ben, and you seem so mature for being in your 20s. What a big turnaround for you.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #6

Congrats Ben, you look fantastic. I hope you are more social now than ever too :slight_smile:

(Ben Swanson) #7

Thank you! I feel great!

(Ben Swanson) #8

Thank you! I’m trying to be more social, still getting used to this new body! That and I work too much!

(Ben Swanson) #9

Hey thank you so much! I do feel like an old soul! The lost weight makes me feel quite a bit younger though!