Keto 11months 2 months no weightloss

(Marianne) #21

Eeeee; I wish. I’m afraid of doing even 48. Don’t you get hungry? Feeling “hungry” makes me anxious, even if it is fake hunger. Did you eat dinner one night and then dinner three days later?

(hottie turned hag) #22

This is prob why.

I lost at a rapid clip until I got to 122lb (12 lb away from goal)
I had to eliminate cheese and veg to break that stall which it did, I went to 116 quick.
That was in April. I am STILL 116 :expressionless:

I posted all round on here askinig same like you; weight loss is very slow when one gets to that last 10lb, was the universal response I got.

Just chiming in to say I feel ya :purple_heart:

You realize constant cardio (especially HIIT) is a metabolism destroyer right? 30min isn’t bad but HIIT should be a 2-3 times a week thing at most. Lifting should be your main exercise. In any case an HOUR of HIIT is completely insane. Do you know what you’re eating daily calorie wise? Your body needs a LOT of intake to compete with something like that, if you’re underfeeding (sounds like you are) than your RMR slows to acct for the lack of food.

(Jane) #24

Yes, I usually start my fasting timer after dinner and then break it 3 days later.

I get a little hungry around lunch and dinner time or if I smell food but it usually fades if I drink salted water or salted coffee. It tends to come in waves but it’s not like each hunger wave is stronger than the last - they are all about the same.

It helps to stay busy.

If you want to just work your way up to longer fasts. When I started I did a mix of OMAD and 16:8 with one full fast day each week. Then I tried ADF by turning the OMAD days into fast days. Then I went to two full days (about 64 hours). That whole process took me four to six weeks to get there. Last month I tried my first full three days but only made it to 72-hours and then ate dinner. I’ve done that a couple times now and I’m going to try another three days later this week.

I gradually eased into longer fasts, so I haven’t tried to “tolerate” being hungry for three days. Some people seem to love being hungry on fasts–I think it motivates them, because it makes them aware of what they’re doing. I don’t like being hungry though. I never really thought of it making me anxious, but now that you’ve said it, I think that’s a big part of it.

I’m also not a super strict faster. If I can’t get my mind off food, I’ll eat half an avocado. The fasting police tell me that this means that my fast “stops” or autophagy “stops.” But since neither of those things has an on-off switch, I ignore them.

(Chris) #26

Is it possible your goal weight isnt thr weight your body wants to be? Maybe 150 is a good healthy weight and your body likes it there? Food for thought. Being underweight is just as bad as overweight in many ways.

(Marianne) #27

That’s excellent! At this point, I can’t imagine.

(Jane) #28

I couldn’t either before keto. I would get hungry 2 hours after I ate. All day long.

(traci simpson) #29

I don’t know if I can either and I don’t want to feel that my WOE is a huge sacrifice. I want it to be easy and a “no brainer” Fasting for extended days, I think would make me feel like I have to sacrifice and go to extremes just to loose one pound.