Karim's muscle gain carnivore adventure

(Ethan) #82

Yes! Start with 4 eggs. Separate the yolks and whites. You eat a 4-egg-yolk omelette. Your wife and girls get two whites each!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #83

You are officially the coolest. There’s 90000 other places do curls, and I think it’s rude, primarily in a busy gym where someone is making people wait for bullshit. I judge by what I see. Maybe in your case it’s fine because you’re not making people wait. I hate to wait. My gym is in a busy part of the world where people swarm like flies. If some asshat is doing retarded nonsense in the squat rack at 6pm on a Tuesday, here’s a judgement for you: they’re cocks. Grouped in with the same kind of people that sit on a bench and txt for 30min when all other benches are used. Txt somewhere else.

How’s that for judgement. And as an aside, I’m sure there’s a “lift too heavy on curls to look cool” fail session, too. :rofl:

(Chris) #84

Needs more teeth tbh.

Regarding curling fails look up Calum Von Moger bicep tear, it’s extra winsauce.

(Karim Wassef) #85

Actually the easiest is putting it in hamburger mix. The herbs and spices and the beef fat smother it well

(Karim Wassef) #86

They don’t like just eggs or egg whites. I need to make it into something keto friendly.

Keto meringues??

(Karim Wassef) #87

I like the need to balance and the grip of the full bar for curls… maybe my gym isn’t as full but no one ever says anything.

(Karim Wassef) #88

I’m planning on eventually building my own wood power rack for home use… with massive mirror walls… to ensure proper form. I’m DIY-friendly (aka cheap)

(Karim Wassef) #89

macaroons

I know coconuts aren’t carnivore (maybe they should be)… but the egg whites are. LOL

(Karim Wassef) #90

So other than adding it to hamburgers, there are apparently liver pills… and liver jerky?

Pate and Liverwurst is pretty tasty in my opinion… but I like liver, so I’m probably not a good judge for others…

and then again, eating and taste is really all about habits…

and I know some people don’t like Dr Berg, but I like his vids:

and then classic cooking recipes: butter, bacon, onion and liver … basically bacon and butter make everything better

and apparently… milk helps?

I’d try it with HWC personally…

(Tamela Robinette) #91

I’m late to the party, how do you consume the gelatin? I need more collagen in my life to heal an injured tendon.

(Tamela Robinette) #92

Disregard I saw your next post about how you cook it :grin:

(Karim Wassef) #93

Anyone want to bet on how much my weight change will be between this morning fasted vegan at 172.2 and tomorrow’s morning fed carnivore weigh in?

Tonight is the first carni feast and tomorrow is the second at a family event.

I’m betting 7lbs days for sat-sun and another 5lbs sun-mon…

Karim's Extended Fast Tracker - come along for the ride
(Mario) #94

5lbs and 3lbs

(Karim Wassef) #95

Ok… 2 bets in place
Karim 7 + 5
Mario 5 + 3

(Karim Wassef) #96

Tonight will be start of the carnivore experiment (3.5hrs fasting to go) with traditional Egyptian food so the steak will have to wait till tomorrow…

Wife is cooking up a feast and I like all of it but strangely enough, there are three things I’m really looking forward to:

Bone marrow soup - simmering all day full of bones

Egg yolks in butter - just the yolk… the whites are not that tempting

Bacon - nuff said

The rest is good but those three feel more like a need than a want after fasting and vegan for 55 days. I think the lack of collagen and cholesterol is causing this reaction. There are just no vegan substitutes and after fasting, my body wants to rebuild with gusto and those are key missing ingredientsz

(Little Miss Scare-All) #97

I’m going to say +4 and +6

(Karim Wassef) #98

so you think I’ll gain 4lbs on day 1 and 6lbs on day 2? You sure? I usually gain the most on day 1, but family feasts are a different dynamic… it’s a risky bet, but we’ll see!

Karim 7 + 5
Mario 5 + 3
Dena 4 + 6

(Little Miss Scare-All) #99

My thought process was I figured that you may eat a little less and a little more cleanly on the 1st day, and possibly more food and less cleanly on the family function day.

If it was both days eating at home, I’d say more on day 1 than on day 2.

(Karim Wassef) #100

you bet on my self restraint at home … we’ll see :smiley:

I promise that I will not consider any of these bets in my actual eating… I will dutifully do what I would have done regardless. scout’s honor!

(Windmill Tilter) #101

This is my #1 steak hack! Have you tried salting it while it’s dry aging? It does amazing things!