Karim's muscle gain carnivore adventure

(PSackmann) #62

For me, adding something with a strong, decadent flavor helps if I want to cut volume. For instance, make up a nice blue cheese butter and put it on the half steak to make it taste more decadent. Or, if you’re not eating cheese, a nice garlic and herb butter. One day hold some of the whites, the next day make a souffle with the extra white and a nice sharp cheese and fresh herbs. Get a really high quality olive oil, infuse it for a day with fresh garlic, then dip your steak into it. It’s an old dieting trick that works even now, especially if I’m starting to feel a bit deprived.

(Karim Wassef) #63

no… a power rack is what it’s called (had to google it)

you can see why I call it a cage

(Karim Wassef) #64

I do melt butter or ghee all over my steak as it rests, but I like the idea of making it richer…

(Little Miss Scare-All) #65

Ok, so a simplified Smith Machine.

(Karim Wassef) #66

not at all, but you want to be right, so… ok :smiley:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #67

Yes. Because being right about a piece of gym equipment really makes my day. I can go to bed happy.

(Karim Wassef) #68

ok… re-tweaked the macros so I’m at 1g protein / lb of lean mass … I’m not going under 1lb of steak… so other things just had to go

I think that looks reasonably balanced… what do you think?

(Karim Wassef) #69

anyone have recipes for 4 egg whites? :smiley:

need something my wife and girls would eat

(Chris) #70

Google Smith machine fails…you’ll see it’s the opposite of safe.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #71

The fails I would really enjoy seeing are dudes (main offenders) doing curls in the squat rack.

(Chris) #72

I curl in the rack, fight me.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #73

No curling in the squat rack. Please tell me you don’t.

(Chris) #74

I do.

This is something novice lifters have been parroting on forums for over a decade. Especially when you’re telling it to someone you don’t know, with no context of where and how they train. I’m going to give you my context so you’re aware.

1. I train at 4am. There’s maybe 8 people in the gym at this time.
  2. I train in a large commercial gym with 5 racks.
  3. Perhaps 2 are occupied at this time (one by myself).
  4. I lift heavy.
  5. Drop sets, supersets, pyramids, and forced negatives can be unsafe- a rack reduces this risk significantly if you do not have a training partner.
  6. If someone came to me and politely asked to use the rack, I’d probably just surrender it, I’m not a jerk. In fact, most people are reasonable if you approach them in a nice way.
  7. I’m curling more than most are squatting so there’s that.

It’s a common saying online, I get it. But most people are just repeating jargon they heard someone else say, and it comes off as really judgemental. I don’t blame you, I’ve said it long in the past too, but I look back on that and cringe a little bit.

Finally, when I say “smith machine fails,” I’m speaking specifically about how dangerous that piece of equipment is. Warning: injury.

(mole person) #75

Recipe, recipe, recipe!!!

Oops… PLEASE!!!

(Karim Wassef) #76

What’s the problem with curling in the squat rack? I’ve always done that. No one ever said anything to me about it. I feel left out :smiley:

(Karim Wassef) #77

I’m still protein fasting & vegan for another 36 hours. I’ll post it the next time I make it… lol

I’ll take pictures too.

(Murphy Kismet) #78

Can you still taste the liver?

(mole person) #79

Sweet! Thanks!

(Karim Wassef) #80

I feel like that’s a trick question… because some people don’t like the taste of liver.

I love the taste of liver so I make sure not to over spice or over flavor it so I can still enjoy the taste of liver.

However, lime, peppers and garlic are very potent and you can easily make it so it’s a tangy dip will very little liver flavor.

DOH!! Said too much already. More to come

(Murphy Kismet) #81

Hubby refuses to even have liver in the home due to the smell. Can’t really blame him. I’ll eat it, grudgingly, but I can’t cook it at home. When my mom would cook it, I’d smother it in ketchup, onions, and bacon. Anything to not taste it.

I was hoping I could somehow get liver into our diet without it being noticed. Guess not. :slight_smile:

Thank you.