Karim's muscle gain carnivore adventure

(mole person) #42

Oh, I meant cut it in half BEFORE you cook half. Then put the unused portion in the fridge to cook up the next night. It will actually be better!

(Murphy Kismet) #43

Eat slower? :innocent:
Let the steak stay on your tastebuds for loooonger. :thinking::nerd_face:

(Karim Wassef) #44

I actually do. I can take a couple of hours to finish a meal… ok that was 4lbs of ribeye…

But yes… I think I will be more mindful of that

(Murphy Kismet) #45

Oh, so that’s how people eat their macros in a small window: it’s just one long meal! Got it. :slight_smile:

(Katie) #46

Have you tried low bar squats (holding the barbell lower on your back)? When I started doing that my mobility improved.

(Katie) #47

For collagen I do gelatin, which is all protein.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #48

I started cutting bacon in half because it cooked more evenly. It’s true. Five slices become ten and I feel like I’m getting twice the breakfast. Done that with sausages too

(George) #49

I can totally relate to the love of steak lol.

What I do on my steak weeks, is meal prep all my steaks on sunday, pack the “appropriate” portions away in containers, and heat up in the microwave daily with some butter on top. even on day 5, it’s still pretty damn good (4 days seem to be optimal flavor and texture-wise)

(Empress of the Unexpected) #50

About how long do you heat up the steak?

(George) #51

It varies, but usually 2:30 - 3 minutes total does the job. I stop it halfway through to flip the steak and add more butter to the other side, then continue nuking it in the microwave. I just make sure to cover it with a damp paper towel. Surprisingly, it’s nearly identical to the fresh off the grill quality. I even did this with filet mignons a few weeks ago. For me, cooking all my meals in 1 sitting 1x/week is the easiest way to stay keto while juggling a busy life

(Karim Wassef) #52

The bar squats are good but I prefer the free weights for full body engagement and improve control too.

I use the safety cage (not sure what it’s called) and drop the side bars to my seated shoulder height. Then I start seated and stand up.

(Karim Wassef) #53

I could do that but I miss the crunch and I make a mayo/liver spicy dip … :smiley:

(Karim Wassef) #54

I tried microwaving but it’s not the same for me. I need the fresh off the grill and I’m willing to do it every day.

I did sous-vide and loved it for easy prep but my wife doesn’t like the texture… so back to grilling daily.

I can cut it up raw and let it fridge air dry in the mini outdoor fridge (where no one can tell me what to do, damnit!)

I think that’ll be what I do starting week 2… for the first week, I’m just going to enjoy my 26oz steaks… and then seek self control

(Karim Wassef) #55

For context… I’m a carnivore who has made the conscious choice to fast for 40 out of 55 days & to only eat vegan OMAD for those 15 days I do eat… ending this Saturday evening transitioning to no fasting carnivore OMAD… so I’m going to let off a little steam this weekend… and maybe next week :blush:

(George) #56

I started salivating when I read 26 oz steak.

(Karim Wassef) #57

Strategies so far…

1. Cut steaks raw and limit to 12oz a day
  2. Cut bacon in half to maximize effect
  3. Eat more slowly and deliberately
  4. Remove some egg white and add egg yolk

(Karim Wassef) #58

I’ll take pictures … :joy:

(Katie) #59

Okay this is going to be weird, but hang with me. I like to make concoctions with gelatin. Usually I will bloom it in chicken broth (water is fine too), then I stir in a flavorful fat, such as egg yolk, coconut oil, tallow, butter…
You could try my method and stir in your mayo.

(Karim Wassef) #60

I agree it’s a great thickening agent. Sounds good.

I do like the crunch in pork rinds though.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #61

The Smith Machine?