Karim's muscle gain carnivore adventure

Hows the food quality/taste compared to home? Gonna have to stop lurking till my fast is done xD.

(Karim Wassef) #403

It’s ok. Nothing notable.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #404

I’m surprised at the Americanized breakfasts they have availz.

Hope your trip is going less stressful. :blush:

(Karim Wassef) #405

Big hotels cater to global appetites :smiley:

Dinner was actually much more culturally colorful but I got distracted by the conversation and didn’t take a picture… the first time I got to try real Chinese food on this trip… and I don’t take a picture. I’ll have to reconstruct it from memory:

1. Jellyfish (2 spoonfuls)
  2. Ox-tail (2 spoonfuls)
  3. Abalone (1 spoonful)
  4. White fish (2 spoonfuls)
  5. Black eel (3 spoonfuls)
  6. Beef cubes (1 spoonful)
  7. Squab (3 thighs/legs)
  8. Small shrimp (12 pieces)
  9. Duck skin - roasted (1 slice)

That’s all - I think. Now don’t you wish I had remembered to take that picture? :slight_smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #406

Yes, particularly the Jellyfish. I always swim away from them; not guide them into my mouth. :joy:

(Karim Wassef) #407

They’re actually cartilagey when cooked :slight_smile:

Reminds me of beef tendons

(Karim Wassef) #408

All lurkers are welcome … please step forward and let us know you’re here :slight_smile:

Wait … then you wouldn’t be lurkers… but you can always return to your lurking ways if you must…

Secret Police: “Papers! Papers please!”

(Karim Wassef) #409

Day 20 - second day in Shanghai

(Karim Wassef) #410

Terrible GKI… 2MAD doesn’t seem to be right for me… even keto carnivore. Also - no weightlifting and a lot of stress…

Continuing to lose weight but I can’t really confirm since I’m using a different scale.

(Karim Wassef) #411

Breakfast today…

3 egg omelette
1 spoonful of ham
2 hard boiled eggs
9 strips of bacon
4 sausages
3 spoonfuls of smoked salmon
6 pieces of cheese
3 small slices of roast beef

(Karim Wassef) #412

Joined some friends for lunch without eating yesterday… but decided to share some foods that were similar to what I ate the day before:

Jellyfish

Chicken

Beef

Fish

Pigeon

Mushroom sac pork dumplings

Pigeon thighs

(Karim Wassef) #413

Then last night’s dinner:

Foix Gras - very cool presentation

Conch soup - just ate the conch meat

Fish

Lamb

Prawn

(Karim Wassef) #414

How do I post video? Anyone know?

(Karim Wassef) #415

Day 21 - day 3 in Shanghai

This mornings results are terrible…

I didn’t calculate my macros but I didn’t eat much… but 2MAD and no lifting is breaking my results

I suspect that they use seed oils in the cooking and I’m inflamed…

No breakfast or lunch today. Might just fast until back in Dallas unless I get to the hotel gym to reset

(Little Miss Scare-All) #416

That bird has a face still!! Kariiiiiiiiiiim!!! I loved it all except the bird face and the fois gras. But you already knew this lol. Did you like the Jellyfish?

I use Google Photo’s cloud, so I just upload it to there and choose the “create a link” option, and it’ll create a link, and you paste the link just like you do a YouTube link.

(Karim Wassef) #417

All birds have faces… I choose to accept this reality and enjoy them :slight_smile:

The foix gras was excellent and the goose was well fed. Don’t believe the hype- it’s been part of our diet since the ancient Egyptians first domesticated fowl… :slight_smile:

I like the jellyfish texture and crunch but not much flavor.

(Karim Wassef) #418

Starbucks in Nanjing

Carbs everywhere… :laughing:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #419

:joy: I enjoy them and pretend the meat just materialized into the market.

Crunchy jellyfish. I’d try it, though I’d be picturing me in the ocean, frantically paddling away from even a Moon jelly. And for like a week at the end of July, all the Moon jelly’s eggs come, and it feels like you’re swimming in bubble tea. :grin:

These look like tiny trash bags :grin:

(Karim Wassef) #421

They do, but they’re apparently delicious… they use the black mushroom to make the bag and stuff it … I didn’t try it since I had already had breakfast