Just starting keto

Hello I am very new to this. I started this week my main problem was cereal an milk. I have already cut out the bread pasta and everything else that contains carbs. My question is where do I go from here??

(Ron) #2

My suggestion would be - at the top of the your page you will see a banner that says Two Dudes Podcasts. Click on this and start with number 1. Watch and listen to them all.
Welcome and ask if you need more.:slightly_smiling_face:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #3

Welcome. The podcasts are so informative. Everyone on the forum is great and willing to pitch in with help and advice. You have come to the right place!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #4

My problem was milk - I had no clue it was so high in carbs. I was drinking so much I just quit cold turkey. I start week four tomorrow. Is the cereal and milk just at breakfast, or throughout the day?

Thanks I will listen!

(Rob) #6

Cow’s Milk is high carb, almost every cereal is high carb - neither really work for keto, though small portions might work for Low Carb (not keto).

If you are serious, quit both. You could use some nut milk that is lower carb but its harder to find a cereal replacement. There is something called NOatmeal (search for the recipe) but I could not be bothered to concoct it. I still have boxes of traditional cereals (Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Rice Krispies, All Bran, Raisin Bran… right next to the pasta) in my cupboard that have mostly gone stale and a carton of unopened milk at the back of the fridge I forgot about and am now afraid to pull out :flushed::flushed:

I used to love cereal…

(Maria) #7

where are they i didnt find them

(Empress of the Unexpected) #8

Ok got an answer. At the top there is a banner which says “advertisement” on the top left. Apparently this changes periodically. When you first asked the question there was something else showing, but now you will see the 2Dudes. Let me know if this helps. You can also just do a search for it.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #9

New answer. If you wait the different ads scroll through. Or you can click on each one and go back into the site until the correct one pops up.

(Ron) #10

Click on the link below -

(Maria) #11

Ok, I find it. Thank you very mach!!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Maria) #12

Can I ask you somethink? I found the website “diet doctor” which wants to be registered so I can see all the videos. Do you have a free video on your page, to not pay, explaining the diet because my English is awful?

Hi there. I’ve been doing kept a couple of months, and have listened to lots of 2 Keto Dudes podcasts. My very simple takeaway: eliminate all starch and sugar. Eat natural fats. Bacon and eggs are great. Veggies that grow above the ground. Don’t snack. Eat when hungry, and stop when you’re full. I’ve started doing some fasting as well which helped kick me out of a stubborn weight loss plateau.
The Obesity Code podcast is great too, as is the book. I’d had been trying to lose weight for a long time with little success. Keto and now some fasting as well is working for me. Good luck, and be sure to ask questions if you have any. Keto community is super helpful.

(Maria) #14

I have some questions. First when I get to quench I feel badly dazed and I’m a lot of nervous days if I eat a bunch of black bread I get good and I hear sounds from my bowel. it is normal to have a nerv, I eat fresh fat and meat, yogurt and vegetables.

(Maria) #15

I have some questions. First when I get to KETOSIS I feel badly dazed and I’m a lot of nervous days if I eat a bunch of black bread I get good and I hear sounds from my bowel. it is normal to have a nerv, I eat fresh fat and meat, yogurt and vegetables.

I think a lot of people feel badly when they are detoxing from carbs. Myself included. I felt bad for about a week, but after that it’s been so much better. Much less hunger. Much less cravings. I think the detox period can be longer or shorter depending on individual differences.

(Maria) #17

I work with children and I have to be calm

(Empress of the Unexpected) #18

What language do you need a video in?

(Maria) #19

Greek if it is possible otherwise English

(Marian Flanagan) #20

Hi all, I am new to Keto myself and I’m from Ireland. I started last Wednesday and I am already down 4.5lbs, this might be mainly water weight but hey it’s still off the scale :smile:

Anyway I am finding this lifestyle change actually quite painless at the moment as I love butter, fatty meats and salt. Prior going Keto, I was already restricting the amount of carbs I ate daily as I just felt terrible in work. Working as a Software Tester, you need all the concentration in the world.

Anyway my question is really to help my Mam. I am looking for advice on what the best websites and books that I could recommend to her to start the Keto diet. A bit about her, she will be 49 in July and has been on blood pressure tablets for the last 4 years. She really want’s to get off this medication as she knows herself that she is very young to be on them, even her doctor told her that. She is also overweight and has tried to loose it but with no real success. In addition she suffers from sciatica, and back pain. The back pain is due to two bones in her lower back pinching on her nervous system. I want her to give this diet a go to help her get off the medication and loose weight for her own health and maybe it might help ease the pain in her back as nothing else is helping at the moment.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S., I have told her to download and listen to 2 Keto Dudes podcast for starters.

Thanks a mill,
Marian