Just starting Carnivore - suddenly feeling repulsed by meat / or even perhaps all food

(mole person) #63

I eat just under a pound as well. I have no inclination to eat more though. My body is thriving at this amount of nutrition and fuel and I don’t want to give it more for no reason. I have no desire to add to my body’s oxidative stress load in the absence of some additional health advantage.

I fluctuate. I eat 2-3 lbs easily one day, there are days I barely eat a 1 lb.
Some days I must go off meat entirely and head into seafood area for a lightness my body is asking for in food.

An average is around 2 lbs. for most…especially when starting out and coming off a SAD menu into this way of eating………but any amt. that suits you is what is best for that person.

(mole person) #65

Joe Rogan is not a carnivore. He’s interviewed carnivores but it’s clear that he has strong doubts about the long term healthiness of the diet.

There are many to whom this does not apply. My pound of meat includes the meat fat that I’m adding. I average about 1500 calories and when I top this by much I feel less good.

I like this one, too.

Does the Carnivore section have a ‘read these websites’ for wonderful true information from long term carns?

We should start a ‘Read this First–Carnivore’ and everyone just put in their links to Amber O’Hearn, M Peterson, Eat meat drink water and many others. That way those coming can be referred to it and have wonderful resources in their hands fast.

something we should start? to help newbies coming into this way of life?

just thinking out loud :slight_smile:

Very true, which is one reason I will talk about it but not preach it. I am much more likely to point someone in the keto direction. Then, if they find carnivore and it works for them great. If not but they make keto or even just low carb work then they have still massively improved over the SAD.

That being said I think the biggest hurdle to a lot of folks when considering carnivore is social pressure and the psychological aspect of turning 180° away from everything they’ve been told.

I remember upon going keto worrying that I was going to drop dead from all the fat. I faced a similar fear, albeit muted bcs I had seen through the BS of nutrition guidelines, upon going carnivore.

thing is it is best for everyone from a science point of view.

being such a limited food menu many can not and will not accept it and therefore they have to put it also into a ‘bad plan’ category in their mind.

so wrong if one thinks this way.

Most who walk the path to carnivore is because they kept researching. Kept following that lower and lower carb count and fall upon zero carb. They want to go this way. They want it to work. They want the veteran’s knowledge and way more. Their mind is already into the zone of knowing elimination of foods is happening. They are fine with it and want to experience it at it’s best.

The…I can’t drop broccoli or almond flour’ chat is the same as the…I can’t quit eating bread’ chat. You can, you just won’t do it.

Now that is fine tho. Everyone can choose exactly how they want to eat, no skin off anyone else’s nose :slight_smile: But it is a choice. One many will never make.

(Elizabeth ) #70

I started around 1,800 and had cut back to 1,500 calories towards the end of my keto time and I was starting to gain weight. I was also hungry and constantly obsessed with food. That’s when I found carnivore. I actually gained a little and did not lose until I increased to almost 3 lb of meat a day. I think there’s a lot of healing that needs to take place in many people and they truncate that process by not eating freely and not worrying about quantity at least for the first year or two. We have a 5-year carnivore in ZCH that eats a minimum of 3 lb a day, sometimes up to 5 and she is a 100 lb woman in her 40s or 50s. again, as has been said throughout this thread, everybody needs to find what works for them, and this way of eating does not work for most people for a myriad of reasons.

(mole person) #71

This is my point actually. For some people 2-3 lbs of meat and 2000 plus calories are not good. And thus suggesting that this is what one should be having on carnivore will be giving those people poor advice.

There are many to whom this does not apply. My pound of meat includes the meat fat that I’m adding. I average about 1500 calories and when I top this by much I feel less good.

This is me. I average around that same number and if I try to eat more, ugh! All the fat (which my body is really liking now) fills me up fast.

I am so sorry!! Yes, it’s the diet from Hungary. I’ll try to remember to type out the entire diet name just in case anyone here isn’t familiar with it. Thank you! :smiley:

Start a thread. Perhaps just links with little to no commentary.
This can be bewildering at first.
Keep in mind that a lot of folks probably won’t be interested in long term.
I would, of course emphasize that no one should do this for less than a month.

(Elizabeth ) #75

www.justmeat.co is the compilation site

:joy::joy::joy:

If anyone makes a “Start Here!” Thread the first post should be follow that link and read as much as you can.

Thanks E…that is great!

(Polly) #79

Sorry everyone! There was a good glossary of abreviations and acronyms on the board yesterday and I should have bookmarked it, but didn’t. What does BA stand for in the context of the wonderful Dr Shawn Baker?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #80

(Polly) #81

Thank you @amwassil

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #82

Ascorbate is why I am the meat and fruit person if I’m being orthorexic.