Just started zero carb, tell me your story :)

(James storie) #21

Most zero carbers don’t worry about protein at all. There is definitely more room with the absence of carbohydrates from plant foods. I think as long as you keep your fat plentiful it should be ok.

(What The Fast?!) #22

Thanks! I was still hungry after breakfast so I ended up eating lunch a few hours later. After the burger, bacon, and egg, I was like…man, I don’t really full! Then I had like 3/4 cup of bone broth and all of a sudden, I was STUFFED to the max! Hahaha. I’ll have to eat slower and drink water to make sure I get satiety before eating too much.

On a positive note…NOT BLOATED! I usually get bloated almost immediately no matter what I eat, I’m so stoked to not have that reaction!

(Sonia A.) #23

Maybe you’ve finally found your solution. I really hope so. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:.

(What The Fast?!) #24

Thank you!!!

This is the abbreviated version if my ZC story. I started ZC in September 2016. Ate all the meat I wanted which came to about 2.5-3 lbs a day, and drank lots of water. I was 112 lbs when I started. 18 weeks later I was 136 lbs. Disgusted at the weight gain, I started slowly working in carbs. Two months later I developed pleurisy, but had lost 4 lbs. I knew the pleurisy was due to the 100-150 grams of carbs per day I was eating. So toward the end of this April, I went back to ZC, but this time incorporating IF in hopes I wouldn’t gain weight again. My pleurisy disappeared almost immediately, and as of today I have lost 8 more pounds. I will never go back to eating carbs.

(roxanna) #26

The not bloating is my second favorite thing about ZC (first is all the delicious food :slight_smile: ).

(What The Fast?!) #27

Thanks for sharing @MelTar! I’ve seen several people say they initially gained on ZC. I’ll watch out for that!

(Ernest) #28

12 dozen duck eggs for $6???!!

(roxanna) #29

I know! Apparently the guy couldn’t sell them so had them for $1/dozen but first order was b1g1 free. Hopefully he continues with that price for me!

(James storie) #30

I’m waiting for my first duck egg! Just learned that my youngest daughter’s best friend has ducks and they always have extra! I hope it becomes a steady supply! How is the flavor compared to chicken eggs?

(roxanna) #31

It tastes no different to me. The yolks are bigger and the whites have more protein, so they can become more rubbery if cooked too long is my understanding. However, I haven’t noticed a difference!

(Jeremy Storie) #32

I had a couple a few weeks ago that I was told were duck eggs. They were richer than store bought eggs but not much different than fresh yard bird eggs. I was told by the guy that gave them to me that a duck egg is slick and doesn’t have that egg shell texture like a chicken egg.

(James storie) #33

Well, I’ll definitely let you k nm ow what my take is!

(Ernest) #34

I find them a little more eggy in a great way.
Since they are quite expensive, I like to do 3 whole chicken eggs and mix in a duck egg yolk.

(What The Fast?!) #35

I google pleurisy, that sounds awful. I’m so sorry!

I’ve been doing ZC for a couple of months now. I only eat between 11am and 7pm. I eat burgers with an egg and cheese on top. Sometimes I eat sausage because I love it and it’s salty. I only eat one other two of these burgers per day, I don’t like feeling full all the time. I’ve never been able to eat 2 pounds of beef like most ZC do. I’ve lost 25lbs. I was stalled for a couple of weeks and realized I was eating too much fat. So I stopped putting butter in my coffee and drippings on my burger. The way I see it, I’d rather use the fat off my butt than the fat I just consumed for energy. Since doing that the last 10lbs flew off in 2 weeks. I also start a fast every Monday to reset my system from the wine and anything extra I ate over the weekend. Sometimes that fast lasts all week, sometimes it doesn’t. I always fast during my period which helps the chocolate craving. I always have “Steak Sundays” which is a wonderful feast and is the most beef I can consume in one day, 1lb. I do interval training when I workout and that has helped me burn the most calories in a short amount of time. I love ZC. It’s simple, it tastes good, I’m never thinking about food, I’ve never feel weak or light headed. I even got through Halloween without one piece of candy, and I LOVE candy! So that was huge for me. I don’t count proteins or fat grams or calories or macros. None of that. I only count the pounds I lost. I still have a ways to go. I weigh 184 as of this morning and I’d like to see what I look like at 150. I’m 5’7".

(Anne) #37

How has zero carb and IF plan worked out? I am 3 months zero carb and gaining weight (size 6 to size 10). I am eating 3-4 lbs of beef (mostly steak) and still not satiated. I am reluctant to eat until full since I am gaining weight. Everything else is great. Do you have any new insights? Thanks!

If you’re hungry after eating 3-4 lbs of meat a day, it could be a couple of things: the meat isn’t fatty enough, too much protein, too many calories. If you were a size 6 when you started ZC you were probably at or close to your ideal weight and eating a certain amount of calories a day. When you increase your calories abruptly you will gain weight. Traditional ZC folks day don’t count calories, eat when hungry, eat till full. They also say eat meat uou like and dont worry about how fatty the meat is. This generally, but not always, works for people who start out very overweight. But those guidelines very often lead to weight gsin for people at or close to ideal weight, because they’re bodies are trained to thrive on a certain amount of calories. Also, if you were eating 5 or 6 times a day prior to ZC, your ghrelin (hunger hormone) is scheduled to kick in 5 or 6 times a day. Whether you’re eating carbs or not, if you eat that many calories spread out over 5 or 6 meals a day, your insulin level never gets a rest. Hence you gain weight because of calories and insulin. IMO, it is best to get your hunger under control by IF and EF, to increase the fat to lean ratio of your meat, and reduce your calories.

(Ethan) #39

I went from very low carb to zero carb 3 weeks ago. I decided to make the change because it was evident even the few green veggies I was eating were harming me.

Pros: Increases energy, better mood, happier digestion. Also, when I took my dogs out this morning, I could see the houses next door and my dogs sniffing around the yard. I saw so well that I felt my face to see if were wearing my glasses, but I wasn’t. For the last 38 years I’ve been severely nearsighted- without glasses, my left eye is 20/400 and my right eye is 20/550. I haven’t seen this clearly without my glasses since I was 8. It’s amazing.

Cons:
My belly is getting bigger. I know some people gain on ZC, but then lose. I’m thinking it will be that way for me too.

(Brittany) #40

hows it going? are you still ZC? did you eventually lose the weight? I have been carnivore for maybe 7 weeks and dairy fre for 6 days and I’m up 6lbs and you can tell!