Just like everyone said in my research

science
fasting
extendedfast

(Jane) #21

Since you’ve probably consumed enough resistant starch to have a well-fed biome, have you tested that theory on yourself? Eat a large bowl of regular ice cream and then test your blood glucose at various intervals? Would be interesting data!

(Candy Lind) #22

Never fear! Even if cow’s milk cheese is not your friend, there are some absolutely awesome goat, sheep & other cheeses that will satisfy your needs and not mess up your innards. But … one thing at a time! I think it’s GREAT that you are able to fast successfully! I’m such a food addict, I have real mental problems with going a day without food. A long IF is the best I can do for now.

(Bunny) #23

Yes I have, and it works quite well! I would not be writing about it, if it did not, but my little n=1 would be of little significance until we have an actual double blind on the subject (to fraction out any placebo or paradox). I can only offer ideas and possible solutions on the cause and effect and maybe clinical models for further research etc.

Maybe some one of higher caliber than myself will read it some day and say “…she might be right, let’s try it?..”

(Candy Lind) #24

I freely admit that most of my OMADs top 2000 calories, and if you visit the “what did you keto today” threads you can add up meals well in excess of 3000. I don’t think it’s about counting calories any more, it’s about changing my eating habits because I’m such a chronic over-eater.

(hottie turned hag) #25

@ctviggen the above describes me.
My intake widely varies and I have never not once, counted not tracked. My losses were swift, steady and sustained (was 2 years in August) with no stall until last 10lbs.

I’m a short, small framed, postmenopausal, sedentary female; if I ate 2000 cals/day even of just meat I’d gain, no question. BUT there are SOME days I know I am eating that much and others, way way less.

(Susan) #26

@ctviggen

I think for me personally I have a hard time with hunger, and I get full very fast, so I have to make sure I eat enough. My issues are from my years of anorexia/bulimia/binge eating/laxative and diet pill abuse/and yo-yo dieting so my metabolism has been severely messed up. It is slowly repairing on Keto =). I track and I try to have 1800 calories a day – and I have been doing pretty well with it most days now that I am tracking --I realized I was often doing below 1000 a day before tracking -which stalled me out. I still feel guilty when I eat (because my brain tells me you can do without this, you will lose weight faster if you just fast or eat very little… my brain is still in anorexic mode…) I am definitely working on this =).

Jack I thought it was a 4 oz cheese…not eating 4 of them :slight_smile:
plus adding fat to burger, I get that but just a regular old burger cooked and drained is a lot lower kcals then one thinks.

thanks for expanding on that for me :slight_smile:

one thing we all remember is that we are individuals with many medical situations and more happening in our lives. no 2 are alike…but MOST of our biological systems are…so truth in science is real with sugar wrecking our bodies and we ONLY require fat and protein for life and survival etc.

Now throw in environment, personality and way more and WE MUST find ways to cope.

thing is eating will correct a ton of things for us. we all have to experiement thru it all and all are at different levels.

but some things get my goat…like telling a Keto person who might have some gain issues to eat more carbs. OMG that just doesn’t belong here on a ketogenic forum if ya ask me :slight_smile: but hey everyone can chat out what they must and other’s can respond…we learn thru it all I guess.

(Jack Bennett) #29

No worries.

Just to clarify, it’s 4 oz of cheese total - 4 individually wrapped 1 oz portions of string cheese. (I’m not eating a whole pound of cheese :joy::cheese:)

As you point out, I think the non-drained fat in the beef is a significant contributor as well.

(Kimbrie Sauvageau) #30

Thank you for your reply, this is a a concept I have not run across and am definitely going to look into it further. Have a BLESSED day

(Kimbrie Sauvageau) #31

Thanks for your reply…have a BLESSED day

(Kimbrie Sauvageau) #32

Hi there, thanks for reply…Honestly the fasting part for me, was way easier than I was anticipating. I LOVED food, and all of it HORRIBLE for me. So to not eat is a huge mental mind issue I am not having to deal with. I know there will be times when it is tough, but I have a pretty strong resolve to never allow food to rule me again…I feel truly free and proud of myself