Just in case you forgot

I just made myself some delicious roasted vegetables, and suddenly realised that I can melt BUTTER on them. So in case any of you forgot- we CAN eat butter on anything and it is so delicious on roasted veg!

I take my roasted veggies and make a faux-tato salad out of them:

Imgur

(Bob M) #3

Faux-tato = with cauliflower?

Or any variety of low carb vegetables. It just means it’s a potato salad substitute.

@OgreZed
What do you mean? Like you let them cool and then with mayonaise? (There are different ways to make potato salad…??)

More or less. You must not have clicked through the link. It had this text below the picture:

The sheet pan has small cut pieces of broccoli, cauliflower, red radishes, and baby carrots. The pan was sprayed with olive oil, and then various spices were added – smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, pink Himalayan salt. The sheet pan was baked for 20 minutes at 400° F.

The bowl in the back has four chopped up hard-boiled eggs, raw diced onions, and raw matchsticks of red radishes.

I combined everything together along with horseradish, spicy mustard, and mayo, with more of the spices, to taste.

Protein could be added in the form of diced chicken or ham, baby shrimp, or chopped up slices of salami or pepperoni.

sorry I have had no access to the forum for a few days. Glitches in the system?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

(Yeah, some hardware needs to be replaced. Richard will take care of it in a couple of weeks, once his exams are over.)

And don’t forget—not only do things taste better with melted butter poured all over them, they also taste better when sauteed in bacon fat!!! :bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon:

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #9

Glucose in the system :wink: