June Zero Jubilee :)

(Daisy) #161

I had a couple days of not good eating and will pay for it for a few more days. On Friday, my feet and ankles started swelling really bad again. It went away on Saturday, but I think I mentioned that I had the tiny cheat at my niece’s party. But I obviously am not healed yet of my food issues, as the next 3 days weren’t great and Tuesday was straight bad! My feet and ankles swelled up terribly again on Monday (13 hours in an office chair every day, barely moving will do that to you). Tuesday it was worse, but I had to go into the office for a few hours. Longer than I expected, so I decided to eat the keto brick I had stashed in my purse. I knew I would regret it and I did/do. Then I picked up Chick-fil-A for my family, with no intention of getting myself any. But the line was about 25 cars deep and I just sat there smelling it the whole time. Got some nuggets last minute. My stomach was so upset from the brick and the nuggets and my face is still breaking out 3 days later. I did clean things back up Wednesday, but I haven’t been sticking to just beef, so my hunger is ramped up!!

Starting Wednesday night, I took serious action for my swelling (I was almost ready to go to the dr and I NEVER go to the dr willingly) They appear to be doing better today though to be honest I haven’t taken off the compression socks since yesterday morning LOL

Meanwhile I am totally used to carbs again… It took some time. I obviously won’t go very high and tomorrow I actually plan a carni day - again, it just never happens with my cherries… And the many other fruits. But tomorrow we will have rooster again!!! So I can afford, like, half pounds of meat! Instead of a tiny fragment of that, I probably need to use more fish… Pork is almost totally out, I developed some aversion to salt, I taste a piece of cheese and find it so bad due to the sodium content… Uh-oh. I use close to zero added salt as I need my unsalted food to balance out the inavoidable sodium in my diet. It burns. I even tried to lick some salt. I enjoyed (without a real need) eating a tiny bit of pink Himalayan salt at some point. Now it BURNS, it’s awful… I will run out of pork sausages, I will need more as those aren’t too salty. I can eat a bite of it without many unsalted eggs… It’s very delicious too. Hungarian sausages, full with red pepper… If I ever stop loving red pepper galore, well that will be in the distant future for sure.

I am certain my tiny carni times changed my satiation. I probably mentioned it but it’s getting more and more weird. I get satiated extremely easily on any diet now. Well, any diet I am willing to follow, obviously HFLC with close to no vegetables and much animal protein. I can choose to eat a ton, it was always my skill and only very drastic, new changes could go against but I can choose to eat properly too, it’s not like I get particularly hungry or compelled to eat…
So, I am fine but I am looking forward to come back and getting even better in the very near future.
(If the beef farm would offer mutton, that would help tremendously. If not, I grab some pork in the city again, I still have lots of rooster, I spare them for carni days, I eat fish on weekdays. Saturday is when we cook rooster and it lasts for some days. I probably bring photos tomorrow!)

Oh the forum is back. The first portion of meat disappeared before the thought of photos crossed my mind, it took much time and we were hungry but yesterday I took a shot :slight_smile:

Rooster thigh and wing.We need to get lessons from Alvaro’s Mom… He wants to learn how to take apart a raw chicken and I want to know how to make the skin crunchy. I ate wonderful skins as a kid. I doubts it’s just because it’s a bigger rooster with thick skin, the outer layer still need to be crunchy and the whole skin not chewy. The meat could be softer too but we will play with it for longer on winter days, not when it’s already hot. It was still nice. Not a huge flavor, pork and mutton is on another level but it was nice, it’s a well-raised rooster, not some tasteless one. I was always sensitive to such things.

I won’t roast my wing next time. Too small and I lose the whole endpart. We will put that into a stew. And I get all the skin as Alvaro dislike that. I am fine with not crunchy skin if it’s in a stew and it’s all tasty :slight_smile: It’s not appetizing (but soft and edible) in a soup.

ahhh KD so sorry.

key to life…that in a chair for 13 hrs…every 2 hrs you get up and walk and move and whatever…prance, do a dance, get the circulation moving. AS MUCH as we have to work and we all do for life obvy, we must do self care and that few minutes you give to yourself if key thru life truly :slight_smile:

yea I flirted extreme low carb into zc and had massive ‘off carb days’ and I paid just like you til the day I hit screw this crap and it was a few years til I hit that. It is normal to walk this walk truly…in the end thru misery of the body you know what works and won’t and where ya wanna be…I know for a fact you got this and ain’t gonna do bad for yourself.

We only live once, each day is a miracle we wanna be our best is what I figure cause when I went down the rabbit hole, it was a BS bad day for the body…and I did hit that point hard, ain’t gonna do it, enough is enough, life is darn rough enough without the physical bs on top of it.

I know you got the spirit for sure!!!

what in THE H is going on with this forum?

sad truly, but it is what it is

Doing great…finishing my Junebilee with a sweet 2.4 pounds down.

eating big right now. had low appetite and just rolled with it, then I ramped up to massive and ate crap I never do…what is processed meats mostly LOL

2 hot dogs…huh, who eats that crap but I did.
salami was a focus
ate extra cheese in my day for no reason LOL

but I got thru fine. I know I can’t go there as the family gets BBQ wings and pizza and Japanese take out and fried fish ick and more.

So since WE ARE SO CLOSE I think my 2.4 will be it and I will take that with all the gusto in the world :slight_smile:

One thing, I stay on plan come hell or highwater cause I know me, I delve that ‘one bite’ real crap and I go down big time. Big time for me is weeks off plan back in the old days and now I learned I can’t and won’t go there and my licks of spoons are controlled and my ‘want of what I need/desire/get’ out of my zc plan is worth it all to me :sunny:

So hang on group…July is coming and better changes for all of us and we can sum up how we all did and just learn thru it all about our personal requirements we must have and what we will do to make life better on zc and keep it going and going and going as we evolve thru it all. Some paths are tough to walk for sure but at the end we hit our destination and hit that high good ground!!!

If lucky July is key to a great month of the forum working all in and good? who knows HAHA

HOORAY GUYS…OUR JUNEBILEE is finished up…end of the month!!

Onto our July-a-ganza to hold plan tight and just be zc :wink: :sunny:

My final is I held my loss of 2.4. Happy on that.
I am going thru a new eating pattern a bit. Food choices changing up and having big eating days and very light eating days. Kinda like falling into a new pattern for me. I just follow where it goes :wink:

Last night I did eat like 10 French fries from my kids food. You know the first 5 were over the top delish, the last 5 tasted weird, crappy oils I guess so those 10 were enough. I sure wanted no more! It just let me know, that I AM NOT missing a darn thing eating that junky food, not one darn thing. Sometimes I get jealous they do have such a monster range of food to choose at all times, but I find my jealousy is squashed quickly when I think about my zero carb plan. Carnivore gives me limited to diverse meat/seafood truly and since I hate cooking it gives me much relief from prep/cook in the kitchen. It truly gives me so much!! Why would I ever walk away from the best eating plan in the world for me? I ain’t HAHA

One focus for July is less grazing, like I ate 2 hot dogs. I never eat hot dogs. Like 2-4 per year if that before and hadn’t had them in such a long time, yet I ate 2 this month. Huh. I am grabbing salami. Slim jims. Like I think I am grazing cause I am not eating bigger beef for my first brunch meal like I used to do. July for me is first meal…bigger beef. Then see where that takes me. Focus is beef/chicken/seafood for July and get off my ‘carnivore junk food’ like salami, beef sticks, that wanna grab and snacky type foods. They are useless to me. I just get hungrier eating them and never feel satisfied as good. I know my best eating place to be…will get back straight into it for July-a-ganza :slight_smile:

I can’t wait for everyone to check in and how are ya doing? What new changes are ya seeing and how is zc going for ya…and new hopes you are wanting to see thru July as we move forward?..we are a small group but strong!!

I like this, looking at my woe, seeing what I did wrong lately and set some new rules (or old ones I forgot). In the last decade, I tried various things (nothing extreme, I mean, something not for me, I gradually changed into the right direction) and I enjoy having some short experiments as well :slight_smile:
My first meal should change too… This week I try to wait until hunger. With mixed results. But I have bigger meals again. I practice skipping lunch, I tend to eat just because Alvaro comes home even if I am still quite satiated. That should change for reasons. I don’t know yet when I should eat, when the first borderline hunger feeling emerges (even if I need no fuel and my appetite is zero) or later but I will try both or do whatever is easiest. I don’t know how others decide these things when there are conflicting or not clear signs… It was pretty easy and straightforward to eat when it passed lunchtime and I was home too, it worked nicely for a long time but not anymore. I have these: something works perfectly until isn’t. I would like to find my mostly final woe :slight_smile: And timing is an important part of it. (I eat at ANY time if I am hungry, that’s my rule #1 so no problem at that front even in extreme situations.)

I have no problematic snacks I think. Mine are satiating. It’s still bad to mess with my timing but it varies. Sometimes small meals work. Usually don’t. So I have my snacks during my bigger meals.

I am not jealous. I eat whatever I want (and can buy) anyway but I actually like that I don’t desire almost everything in existence anymore. I like my simpler, better lifestyle. And if I want many things very much, I can’t eat them often enough, it just makes my life worse…
I could use a WAY bigger variety than what I actually need.
And I did things gradually. I usually skip something when I stop desire it or if I know my new woe immediately stops my desire (because I almost never resist temptation). Sometimes health-conscious self-persuation happened :slight_smile: Or a hedonistic one. It’s not hedonistic to eat a tasty food and becoming unwell. It’s masochistic in my eyes unless the alternative is even worse.
It’s very often just some mind game and we have power. I reduced temptation to zero in seconds with my health-conscious attitude and sometimes thinking it over, not often but it happened now and then… But my preferred method is avoiding it though having a way better alternative.

It will be quite nice to really test things one day. Staying on track for long… I am getting ready for that, my circumstances are still not good enough but better. I plan lots of nice carni days in July. I have my limits but I do what I can and every day helps :slight_smile: And August almost surely will be better. I need time, I am that type. I so not belong here but I try to be scarce and bring some nice photos if there will be some pretty carni food :slight_smile: My usual eggs and smoked pork aren’t very interesting (or fully carnivore, I like my beetroot pickled eggs, they always amuse me). Or the pitiful thin fish fillet in pieces today.

Great post S. Key is you. What is you and how small changes on what you do see thru your path that is glaring. Like that first meal, or waiting til ‘almost too close to real hunger’ and more. We all have a sweet spot to dial into and those small noticeable focus times on what we require and KNOW WE NEED to change are so important. But if it is a desire to change it up and we want it, then we can turn our thoughts onto doing just that. You put a lot of good info in your post that suits you and I love that!!

I get jealous only over one reason on family food…the f’ing ohhh and ahhh on ‘oh so good’ and while the oh so good is crap food I get the ‘backlash’ of those comments listening and it irks me to no end…like…what am I missing out on and I know, that why do they have and I don’t? jealous they have LOL but in the end, …yum crap that makes me sick ain’t for me. So I then swing it to eat crap to whomever, it ain’t gonna make me sick and I ain’t going there!

Time is ok. It took me 2 years of extreme low carb jumping in and out of zero carb/carnivore to make my full on zero carb lifestyle…so I sure get that!!

I think my interesting food thoughts changed when the body came truly adapted to all in zc and I was SO nourished and healing time that my body said, truly you don’t need, want, require…and then the listen to me, I want more fat, I want less, and I narrowed food down to what the body wanted. Asked for and I heard and listened. It is a long road to that but you are sure on that edge of knowing what you need and you just follow it :sunny:

I loved your post S! It is giving you insight into you and that is all one can do…ourselves as we need and change.

You are rocking it out on a great path!!

I think you are both doing great. We go the pace we go, the purpose is as much the journey as destination.

I’ve had great results for June. Down to 175 and change from my eternal 182-183 set point stall, and still losing slowly but steadily. Today I made a giant 3 egg omelet stuffed with smoked ham, sausage, and two kinds of cheese with plenty of butter on top. I just got a flat iron steak and a half slab of New York strip out of the freezer to thaw to start July with a carnivore bang.

I haven’t been fully carnivore either folks— I still really like to deglaze my meat fat filled skillets with cabbage / Brussels sprouts and a touch of onion in my cheap use every bit of goodness from that meat. I still love the taste of cabbage prepped any style in particular. I also have quite a stock of quality Spanish and Greek olive oil to use so I often cook with that though salads a a dimly remembered bad dream these days :wink:

I am eating lots of ground meat almost like cookies since it is cheaper than steak and easy prep. My meal frequency has become pretty stable at 2X day, but sometimes 1 or 3 depending on work or stress levels. Snacking has dropped drastically but do like multiple coffees with HWC during the day. Bulgarian buttermilk is my current “cheat” as it tastes like sweet tangy bliss to my much more sweet-sensitive palate these days.

My body is leaning out, especially legs and torso, with muscles showing I haven’t seen in years. Still have a good 40 pounds to lose, mostly around my waist, but the amazing thing is I have a visible waist again.

I’m in for July carnivore buddies. I’m in for life at this point. . .

I am lucky with family food as I already know them. A very new exciting food would be harder (I so would taste it… well first I tell Alvaro to taste it and if it’s not good for him, I don’t even try) but the good old poppy seed/walnut/chestnut baked goods at Christmas? I know them already.
And after a long time, I arrived to the point that I don’t simply not desire most sweets at all but if I taste them, it’s meh. Very meh. Like, nice fresh warm boiled eggs are way better at any time and they aren’t my favs.
I had many such experiences lately. Almost all vegetables are like that… My “big fav in the last decade” homemade chocolate is like that since several weeks… Cakes were very boring several months ago…
Fruits are still awesome just often too sweet and acidic. Alcohol is nice in small amounts. But cheese, eggs and meat/skin/fat, they are the best things ever, I definitely likes them better than before and I almost always considered them very tasty (not every kind but the ones I like and there are plenty such cheese and meat).

So no, if I tasted something “oh so good” stuff at a relative, maybe it would be tasty but not very enjoyable. If it makes sense. There are exceptions, at least last time I checked, there were. I haven’t visited Alvaro’s Mom since March but I will this Saturday. We had more than enough distancing due to Covid…
I hope there will be some nice meat if something :slight_smile: There usually is. Maybe I should bring the usual cake of mine, she loves it, it’s low-carb so better for her diabetes and I won’t have temptation. But we will visit the pig farm shop on the way there so there won’t be a problem. I hope. I fell off the wagon there a lot. But I changed. I wonder how much :wink: I keep feeling I am a rebel and go off a lot and whatnot because I still not really resist temptation and eat whatever I want - but my off days are less and less carby as my body complains earlier and I don’t even desire carby stuff. It isn’t enough not to eat it but helps tremendously. My path is slow but I can afford it for the sake of not sacrificing things.

My weight actually went a big higher in June and I don’t quite understand it, of course it can be explained but my weight was very stable before even when I had way crazier times than now. So it’s odd. But it doesn’t matter, I need to go back to some better woe after this fruity June anyway. It wasn’t so bad but not really for me anymore. It’s odd when some parts of me didn’t update things yet and there is some conflict. But I will get there.

(Diana) #171

Question. I find it easy to manage meals when I’m at home, the issue becomes group settings and parties. I have a very close group of 4 friends so even during this period we get together as we know we are the only people we see. Although the food is keto and carnivore, in the group setting I do have 1-2 drinks and then I just overeat the keto food. Any tips or tricks in how to stop overeating? It’s clear it’s the quantity and likely sneaky carbs as I’ll have veggies. Perhaps I’m just looking for accountability today. I just need to restrain myself.

Whatever causes your overeating, don’t eat/drink it. No drinks, no vegetables…
Or be strict and stop eating when you see it should be enough.
Or accept overeating. It’s perfectly fine for a single day, I will eat less the next day then, quite automatically nowadays.
Or if you are like me, eat once at the meeting. I hardly overeat keto food on OMAD. But if you eat 3 times normally, try 2 meals on those days. If it’s comfortable, I am not for forcing things.
Maybe the timing of drinks matter too… The type of drinks…

As I don’t know your whole situation, preferences, what are you willing and able to do, I can’t say more.

HI!!

yea this is hard. I been there and I bet most of us have. It is just social, we eat, drink, relax, have fun and it is just for me personally one of those restrain and accountability factors just like you said. It is just don’t bend the elbow with food in hand to mouth HAHA

One thing you might want to do is eat big before your social event. When the belly is super full on good food, you really do have that better control even in a social setting. Of course alcohol helps take some of our smarts away too HAHA and we tend to say screw it and just eat more and drink more cause we just can.

For me, like you said, you have to just say no. We all had to work thru those situations, we all just have to make it work for us best we can

(Diana) #174

Thank you both for the replies. I did have slightly better control last night as I did eat a little before going. Generally I try to Omad so once I arrive I am hungry and then what’s available are cheese and salamis for apps and then I bloat up from water weight. I know on keto/carn they say to consume more salt but this just makes me retain water. I’ve seen some people on carnivore don’t add any salt so how does that work - how do they get enough minerals?

This week esp is horrible with all the events, And another today. Wish me luck. I’m going to hold strong!

yea holiday times are harder as we ‘pre-party’ up to the actual holiday and then have to ‘recover’ after LOL usual stuff in life for many of us when it comes to big events, holidays, and weddings and such.

Salt is personal. Some do great with it, need it for helping cramps and more. Some want it, like me, I love salt, salt monster and use it big time and do well on it and others are not sure how they wanna roll with how much salt they use, they just do the day and go by taste and what the body wants. Meat/seafood carries sodium obviously and if you never eat salt again in truth as an outside source, your meat will supply all the sodium for ‘body survival’ easily. Which is also why carnivores in the wild are eating blood which is more sodium laden of course so that is a nature salt lick for them in life.

Eat. Eat all the darn meat and seafood you love and dip stuff in butter or alfredo sauce or whatever that is zc…just eat and be happy and say every time someone is eating junk you want…why eat that when I can have, hmm. ribs, surf and turf, bacon wrapped scallops, crab legs and butter, a big old steak on the grill! We got a ton of great food, make it a focus ya know and eat up. ZC is never be hungry, eat til happy and full and just let your body change and adapt and catch up while doing just that :slight_smile: You will hold strong, I hear it in ya…you want this and you know it is a good way to go for your body…and that makes big strides in holding that strong. Plus hanging here with us zc’ers mean you wanna hold plan, just come chat it out and we got ya!!

edited to say…this was our June challenge…jump into our July-A-Ganza thread and keep on carnivoring :slight_smile: