June Zero Jubilee :)

Sometimes I just drink a spicy egg milk instead of a soup :slight_smile:

I ate fish today! Well, lean, tasteless hake fish (we used some tasty fat but still)… I think I stick with my eggs and sausages if I don’t have something better… Some good sauce could help too… But I don’t bother with such things. I like simplicity.

I made fried pork skin again, nice stuff.

[and half a day later, I could upload my photo… so it was yesterday at this point.]

(Daisy) #102

I ate fruit yesterday! And I have zero regrets lol. I went to the farmers market and got some strawberries. I talked in depth to the woman, making sure they were naturally grown, ancestrally appropriate, etc. They looked and tasted exactly as I expected them to, super tiny and not overly sweet like you’d get in the store. I’ve said from the start that if there is local, seasonal, ancestrally appropriate fruit available, I will eat some of it and that’s exactly what I did. I also got to take a 3 mile walk yesterday! Guys, I have been working my tail off for 2 months. I work 50-60 hours on my job, then go help my husband outside on the garage until dark, then cook dinner, clean up, etc. There has been zero free time (except the occasional 20 minute lunch break, but most days I either work straight through or take a nap because I’m in a perpetual state of exhaustion). But yesterday was an off day. We’re at a standstill temporarily on the garage, so hubby worked outside on landscaping with his tractor all day. So I got up, went to the farmers market, cleaned our church’ bathrooms, went to the butcher, came home and cleaned my house, then I was done at like 6:30. So we took a 3 mile walk. It was so lovely!!! I literally haven’t hit 10000 steps in months!

(Not a cow) #103

This is a great video with Gabrielle Lyon and Mark Hyman discussing why we need more animal protein in our diets as we age. She practices in muscle centric medicine, she is a carnivore, and very interesting and intelligent speaker.

HAHA and you should not have one regret if that was your decision. Hey I get it, like 5-6 strawberries ain’t gonna murder ya KD. again those pics are fab of your meals!! of course being zc meal pics I have to blink out those red dots on the plates LOL :wink:

Oh boy you are a machine with those work hours KD. I did that when younger. I worked 7-3:30 for a real job then came home and ran a full on for profit farm with about a total of 700 or so livestock, we made hay on like 60 acres, I had a side biz of making natural goat milk soaps I sold which was a big biz for me on top of the farm, we did crops for sale. I never had a minute and I tell ya…life blinked away from me truly. While fun and we loved all we did cause we could cause young and strong, now it is like why in heavens did we work so darn hard and not a darn break in life thru all that time? Being semi retired now, well heck almost totally retired LOL early is a blessing. We are stopped and smelling the roses now and they are truly fine! heehee……take care of yourself and slow down a tad and give yourself some good old self care and chillax when ya can!!

---------------brrrr here at the beach. storms dropped temps. rainy all around. boo. had nice big beef tenderloin and big pile of fresh shrimp. delish.

nice thing is I brought a pair of pull on capri pants to wear and they are too big. almost uncomfortable big and sliding down and hubby said throw those darn things out! You look so baggy HAHA and I said, cool, no problem throwing out a pair of big old pants. In fact I like doing it :slight_smile:

leave tomorrow for home. life back in my usual routine.

holding zc strong. tight to the chest and I feel so good it is scary actually. I am just so energized and vibrant in the ‘body feeling’ ya know…that deep down zc zen feeling I love…while the carb eating hubby is getting sluggy and bloated and tired on this trip cause he is eating horrible truly and he is feeling it. Oh well…he is a big boy, he can decide when enough crap is killing ya and when to change it up. I told him over and over but…whatever LOL

be good ya’ll!! June is just flying thru and this month is hold zc month for us :wink:

Wow, a rebel! And I didn’t dare to put food with a gherkin here :smiley:

I wouldn’t buy most kinds of fruit as I don’t desire them (I need lemon juice and banana for making certain dishes though) but I have very very very much in my own garden… I have big and tiny strawberries, all are very delicious. I don’t use poison or supplements, my berries don’t even need it, they are very happy here and I am glad I have someone to eat up all the huge amount of fruits…
I eat less and less of them and almost worry about the future when I will look at them and dismiss the idea… Well, they are pretty so I will still enjoy them :wink: I may even paint them, I use my cherries as models now.

You are so hard-working, the opposite of lazy me…

My SO cooked a vegetarian dish today, full with vegetables and eggs, my old fav… Not anymore. Even my old big fav vegetable, cauliflower (when I went keto and learned about cauli “rice” that is nothing like rice but tasty, I had to ban it immediately as it would have been 30-40g net carbs in that dish alone, it was my minimal amount, anything below was a tease) has zero effect on me, I don’t want it at all. In the contrary. I rather eat anything else I usually eat. Well, more meals for Alvaro, less to cook for me!

Half a year ago or a bit earlier I was a HUGE vegetable lover. I don’t get it but my change seems permanent or at least long term, it’s still a bit surreal to me… Oh well, it’s fine with me. It’s just odd on the days when I eat plants but not vegetables…

I am so silly, it took days to realize what roosters mean. Not just proper, inexpensive, nice meat… But lots of wonderful crunchy red-brown SKIN!!! I so loved that even as a kid when I couldn’t care less about meat… We must make them wonderfully and then I post photos :smiley:
I have this thing with skin, it seems. I am into fried pork skin too… So delicious. Taste and fat seems to be closely correlated according to my tastebuds. I feel almost all lean protein tasteless. But animal fat is very often awesome.

(Daisy) #106

Mmm skin is the best part!! We have a mean rooster that will be on the chopping block very soon lol

same here on skin. crispy means eat the hound out of it and enjoy.
I hate chicken thighs now but when I cook them for hubby he gets ALL his thighs without skin, cause I rip it off and eat it all and love it and he is like, hey are ya kidding and I am like, suck it up buttercup HAHA

(Daisy) #108

I won’t post my meal pictures today since there was an abundance of red lol. They are gone now though so tomorrow will be back to brown. :smile:

I also ate fruit yesterday. I was passing an organic blueberry farm which just opened for the season on my way to my MIL’s and stopped to pick some for her, and ate quite a few while picking. Aside from that, ground beef, eggs, sausage, and sour cream / butter the past few days. Hubs says my legs are looking slimmer and more muscular and I think he is right, though scale hovering again between 177-178.

I love meat skin of all types extra crispy or well roasted :slight_smile:
Goal this month is to bust through 170s and into the purple bikini I just unpacked from years ago. . .

(traci simpson) #110

$200 lasts me roughly 3 weeks!

(traci simpson) #111

Hi
burping was the first thing I noticed going carnivore. They are smelly burps! Are you drinking water a lot? Someone said that plain water strips away some of the acid in your stomach. I’ve been taking a swig of ACV before I eat but I’m kinda tired of that so I found some water with added pH. Icelandic glacial natural spring water. Just started drinking it yesterday so I hope it works.

This site is down a lot lately. I wonder if it is gonna disappear or be sold or something :slight_smile: oh well…if not they got a lot of server troubles :slight_smile:

Back from 10 days at the beach. Was up 2 lbs. when I weighed when I got home. Already ate a ton of food and dropped 1 lb. Loving my zc plan :wink:.

I did very well holding zc. Beer, bad boy in the whole picture tho. Luckily I left that at the beach. I found truly beer again holds no interest for me. I dropped it for years and will do so again. Now my rum drinks, hmm, still liking them HAHA

yesterday I had
6 sausage links, 6 slices bacon
beef tenderloin
ate 2 cheeseburgers, 1/2 lb. each, so that l lb. of burger was delish
2 chicken breasts

I was hungry and it was great to eat up and enjoy. More I eat a lot of times the more lbs I lose so I love that about zc from my personal experience.

feeling great and just cruising along and will hold tight zc for rest of June.

glad everyone is ok and doing well!

site troubles again. wonder truly what is going on or if wrong, why can’t it get worked out? hmmm…leaving me wondering a lot lately LOL

beef tenderloin
chicken breast
6 sausage, 6 bacon slices

wasn’t too hungry. not too hungry when I woke up, kinda got the head clogged thing happening with such rainy weather. no sun means I move slower, clog up in the sinus faster :slight_smile: oh well…

all going zc perfect on my end here :wink: hope everyone is holding strong!

Seafood day. I woke up with a hankering for seafood.

when hungry later will eat a lb. of jumbo shrimp in my homemade alfredo sauce. yum.

later I will be hungry and I got a small beef tenderloin to eat. Might pair that up with some sardines.

doing fab on zc and my June is rocking. Survived very well thru vacation which is nice, no troubles there mostly. Just gonna cruise my ZC for Jume and no lbs. gone right now, but I got like 11? days left to rock off even 1/2 a lb…haha…hey to me it is what it is on zc. I know tho I hold this course and all good zc things come my way if I just be patient :sunny:

(Daisy) #115

I only got it when I ate eggs. Now that I just eat the yolks, I’m having no issues!! :smile:

(Daisy) #116

@Fangs yeah I just gave up for a few days! I have a conspiracy theory but I’ll keep it to myself lol
Glad you had a nice vacation and only gained 2 lbs!

I did kind of a beef and butter fast for a couple days, then a couple days with beef and egg yolks and then today I went RAW! Raw chuck roast. It was so delicious!

Alvaro is cooking rooster soup on open fire now :smiley: The weather is gloomy but it’s not raining. It is raining very nearly every day lately…

I had some anti-carb dream :smiley: I explained to someone that I want to go back to carnivore so very much :smiley: I very rarely have food related dreams at all. I only had a single carb dream years after many years on low-carb and years after I first went keto…
I am a tad torn as part of me wants to use the opportunity to eat fresh fruits I have galore but another part of me has problems with the same fruits. I try to persuade myself to use my eyes or something, I know very low-carb days between fruity ones would be better but I still can’t manage to control myself, it never was my forte and I like it this way - as long as I want the right things…
I really reached my limit and it’s not like I ate so much fruits… Just more than what my body considers acceptable. Of course I am fine, it’s not like I get serious symptoms like nausea, bloating or pain, no but I still feel some very slight discomfort. And aversion to fruits (while simultaneously feeling an attraction too).
And my pork ribs are insanely salty now and my eggs are barely enough, I better spare them as much as I can.
But I have roosters and lots of cheese. We always go shopping when we use the car to get our meat from the farm and the town is near… So I have lots of dairy now, cheese and cream.
And some control problems but I can’t do much about that. I basically always eat whatever I desire…

If they will be pretty, I will bring photos later. Some sunshine would be nice…

(Not a cow) #118

Delicious looking food @Ketodaisy, a little red for my taste but still awesome, and visually very mouth watering. Is that cheese on the burger or just an extra yellowish egg?

I like seafood days also, now always with shrimp as a side and sometimes an egg. It’s usually a lighter day for me when I eat my fill of salmon.

I’ve been doing good on zc this month, so far I have eliminated cheese and WC with no problem, saving some calories, reduced my salt by at least 1/2 with no cramps, and dropping some weight slowly as expected. Had some beers on golf day this week, and didn’t slow me down a bit. ( 4 lite beers, no reduced ketones, still running around .4 as an average ) Normally I would have only 2 beers, but it was 1st time on an open patio since last fall, so felt like a little celebration was in order.

So little stress on carnivore, loving it so far

(traci simpson) #119

I started last night eating yolks only.

Don’t do it, don’t do it, don’t do it…HAHAHA…I know, we all make the rounds on how to make it work best for us…I had theories also that didn’t pan out for me LOL hope all goes good for ya~!

fab pics!

raw chuck. never did that. I gnawed on some raw tenderloin before cooking. I like it but still like it cooked blue rare a bit better. I noticed I am EVER so slowly grabbing colder stuff now also. Cold chicken. Cold beef. Never liked it before, now I find I am easily eating cold leftover ribs ya know. Everything changes as we march forward on zc….now I am nibbling raw meat a bit…hey who knew. I might be walking that way more also. I was a ‘super well done cooked to death’ meat person and now I am into blue rare cooking so…