June 2018 ZornFast

(grace elizabeth) #181

Tell me more about the fountain of youth. :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #182

It’s a real thing. Take advantage of autophagy at its peak which is day 3.

(grace elizabeth) #183

I made it to 91. Sort of. Friday night when I was ready to eat the plaster off the walls, I had 1/2 cup of bone broth. Yesterday I had a 16 oz green tea with MCT oil.

Lots of water, coffee, tea.

I just had a HB egg. I’m not hungry.

(grace elizabeth) #184

oops nevermind. I kept reading.

Brenda, you like so many here, have helped me SO MUCH! TY TY TY :slight_smile:

I read your reply that autophagy peaks at day 3. does it slow down after that? If someone fasts a week, is autophagy less on day 7?

I will read the link you gave above, but trying to figure this all out as I muddle along.

(Marfi) #185

Omg wow. This is totally fascinating! Isn’t the human body just amazing? Thanks for the explanation and link :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #186

Yes. It is less.

(Kerin ) #187

I’m in for next month!
I am a stress eater even with the keto options… A fast might be a good retreat for me.
Alone is not always the best.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #188

July’s ZornFast starts next week, I’ll be making a post

(Edit) Wednesday. Lol

(Mike Glasbrener) #189

I’m in! Still have some bad habits causing a plateau.

(Sybella) #190

I’m in

(TJ Borden) #191

I don’t see anything. I’m starting to think you’ve made the fasting group that provides your livelihood a priority over those of us freeloaders that poach your expertise for zero compensation whatsoever :joy:

(KCKO, KCFO) #192

Thanks for the update Brenda, looking forward to next week’s fast.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #193

You are funny as hell. Fact is I forgot to make the post, I’m doing it now. And what’s another four and a half years of giving out free information? I’ve gotten this far didn’t I? LOL LOL

(Kerin ) #194

I just [love ] this site!
I don’t know where else to post this, ta-boot.
Great page on fasting tips and types :hatching_chick:

(https://www.wikihow.com/Fast)

Just a quick question or two, I developed very chapped lips during this five day fast. My lips are so chapped it hurts to talk, this is the first time this has occurred and it seems to be getting worse regardless of the fact that I am applying ointment. Does anyone have any insight into this or is it just pure coincidence. Additionally I had my first bout of diarrhoea in keto after I broke my fast, it was not pleasant and I have been extremely cold compared to those around me, maybe I just have a bug… ?