July 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Susan) #273

Good luck with yours, @cervyn and you too @Digital_Dave

Happy fasting everyone =).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #274

What a great support list this is.

I’m at 26 hours. 27 has been my longest and 30 is my goal to hit sometime in July. I feel ok, almost like a weird “high” sensation is the only way to describe it. Similar to when I add too much MCT oil to my coffee. Like my brain is super awake. I don’t know if I will make it to 30 today but I’m chugging along.

(Susan) #277

Eat some salt, it will help =).

(Mame) #278

Ah well, that sure didn’t turn out how I planned.

I had great numbers this evening after only 11 hours of fasting bg=71, bk=2.3, gki=1.7.
I had a bit of pork fat I was about a -3 or -4 on hunger scale. I thought that would help but it seemed to ramp it up more so I had a keto meal

So it’s been an odd day. I fasted 12 hours broke it for 20 minutes then fasted another 12 hours and had another k15 minute eating window. Unusual.

Now I am a bit at a loss as to what to attempt tomorrow. 24hours should be doable, maybe even going until Friday…

(Susan) #279

Try not to be discouraged, Mame, these things happen to everyone at times. It is always good to listen to our bodies. Your body probably needed the food, good luck tomorrow =).

Is there a Dr Fung fasting forum...?

30 hours! I did it! I don’t feel hungry and wish I would have planned this better for my schedule and timing, I think I could have went for longer. Next time! July goal met! :grin:

(Susan) #281

Congrats on your 30 hours =).

(Carol) #282

Do you fuel up before you fast? For me, if I have a plentiful feeding day before a fast it seems to go easier.

@KetoOfTen - Congrats!

I’m at about 29 hours. I have lots of chores planned for tomorrow to keep my mind blissfully unaware I’m not eating. Which means I’m looking forward to Friday!

(Susan) #283

I usually eat before doing a longer fast, yes.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #285

He is hoping you success.

(Mame) #286

I always eat plenty when I eat. Fasting ease for me is not dependent on how big or small I eat the day before. It actually took me a while to realize this. For me it’s very important to eat for my smaller body and not ‘stock up’ or the scale just creeps up. (silly efficient body) I have 50# more pounds to lose so even true physical hunger is not something i need to heed. There are many meals stored to access for needed fuel.

I did eat some smartCakes earlier this week. I didn’t have bad glucose or ketone numbers but perhaps that set off a weird chain of events. Highly processed palatable food can do that!

LOL it’s going both ways for sure., my mind and body are keeping each other guessing

I am at 14 hours fasted, it’s morning and it is easy right now. Today’s plan is to fast all day or keto omad. I am a single dog mom right now so I didn’t take the time to monitor my numbers this morning, I will do that later…

Wishing all a peaceful Thursday fasting or not.

Ditto. I find my fasting goes much better if I’ve had a day or two of eating a few hundred calories over my TDEE. I don’t technically eat a set amount; I eat what I want. But I do track everything and I’ve noticed that if I’ve eating close to my estimated TDEE and then I fast, I struggle. Ultimately, I still under eating calories over the course of a couple of days of feasting and a couple days fasting, so I lose weight overall.

I’m just about to wrap up a 64-hour fast. Got a good result overall for the two days–I’m down 3.2 lbs. Hopefully, I’ll sustain half of that over the next couple of days eating and then start another fast on Friday after dinner.

(Mame) #288

Awesome results!

As you may remember from another thread I refuse to try to track calories, I claim it’s because I get frustrated with inaccuracy but I am probably too damn lazy

I am at 22 hours, and took my numbers bg=72, bk=2.3, gki=1.7.

I am having a bit of a headache (allergy related not fasting related I think) and the thought of eating make everything feel worse/gross. ugh.

The bright spot - seems pretty likely I will be able to continue fasting until tomorrow at least 40h, I am even going out to do some shopping this evening and ride the urges that may come if my tummy calms down. An interesting experiment.

I am starting to feel like I am coasting to the weekend.

Checking in at 50 hours fasted.

I figured for my second attempt at multi-day fasting that my day 2 this time would be about the same as my day 2 last time - lots of low-grade hunger, cold, headache…there really is truth to the whole idea of “fasting muscle” and your body getting in the groove.

today was shockingly easy. I’ve now jinxed tomorrow, but maybe not.

(Susan) #290

@ZuleikaD Congrats on your 64 hours =).

@cervyn I am glad it is going well, 40 will be great =).

@Texere Congrats for 50 hours so far, you are doing really well, I am glad that you are building that fasting muscle and it is getting easier for you, that is great =).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #291

I’m at about 48hrs now, and going to go a bit longer. Hubby has to work late tonight.
I would have liked to see some better numbers on GKI, but really the lots of “under 2s” makes me happy

I have some ideas on the higher glucose number, but I really don’t know how to get around it, depending on how I need to balance my macros.

(Brandy) #292

Well, I ended my 96 hour fast at 72 hours, so not exactly a win. But I don’t feel like it’s a loss either. 72 hours is respectable. I’ll eat again tomorrow at dinner time, when I was originally planning to break this fast. Then I’ll eat two meals on Saturday (big social event at my house) and then move into my regular weekly fast/feast cycle.

I tend to fast every week but also tend to switch things up. Sometimes I just do one 48, sometimes I do three 24-36. For the last few months the scale hasn’t moved however (although I can see my body toning in certain places), so the goal is to incorporate at least one nice long extended fast per month. I also know that I’m eating too late in the day. I have to figure out how to break that cycle, as I think it’s working against me. It’s just so easy to fast all day. I’m just not typically hungry until at least 2:00 in the afternoon. But once the sun starts going down, I get ravenous. Sigh.

(Susan) #293

@KetoCancerMom

48 hours is great too, best wishes if you go longer =).

@Wahinewanders

72 hours is great, that is what I am doing atm, Thurs4pm-Sun4pm

Happy Fasting to all =).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #294

I am going longer. Just waiting for hubby to come home. Not sure when it will be. :unamused: