July 2018 IF / EF chat ALL WELCOME

(Beth) #81

Yes! I’ve never thought of it as fasting intuitively. Thanks for that. Depending on the refeed meal I can go for 24 to 48 hours before food has any appeal. On Days 2, 3 and 4 I struggle with head hunger. I seem to notice every food commercial or recipe in my FB feed. My mental hunger is not intuitive; it’s just greed.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #82

So I did eat yesterday. I actually had an appetite so I went with it. My energy seemed better. Eating again today then planning on fasting Mon/Weds/Fri next week. I may fast into Tues if I have no appetite. See where that takes me.

(Beth) #83

Fasted 48 hours, refeed with low insuligenic foods. Nice that so many of my favorite things are low insulin response. Back to fasting, going for five days! KCFO!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #84

Starting what I plan and hope to be a 5 day fast. Love to go longer if my body lets me.
Also trying to wean off coffe at the moment :smile:
Reaching 12h
Feeling good so far. Can’t wait to go to zumba after work, that always helps me depleat my glycogen extra fast. If I feel like it I might even squeeze some weight training in after…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #85

Giving up the coffee is worst! I am still not really up and running propperly. Any non caffeinated suggestions?

(Ron) #86

I suggest which ever decaf coffee you choose that it be decaf’ed using the “Swiss Water System”. I prefer a Costa Rica bean myself.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #87

never heard of that, but I’ll look into it. Thank you.

for right now I had to give into the coffee, my brain resembles mush right now. I try to keep it to one until the fasting high sets in on day three XD

(Ron) #88

I started here and there decaf is really good.
https://www.kickinghorsecoffee.com/en?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4pPez7qR3AIVlLjACh2E9g5cEAAYASAAEgK-LfD_BwE

(Beth) #89

Can I join your five day? I am in!

(Allie) #90

The injured goose I rescued didn’t make it. He had very severe arthritis so they decided kindest to put him to sleep :sob:

I was planning a five day this week but went on auto pilot over the weekend and bought groceries :roll_eyes:

(KCKO, KCFO) #91

Don’t you just hate it when you do that. I was going to do an EX fast last week, but realized we had just done a major shop and had two celebrations in the week as well, so I am fasting this week instead. I’ve put things in the freezer for when I am done fasting. DH hates when we have extra food going bad due to my fasting, otherwise he is extremely supportive of it.

(Allie) #92

I think I just need to stop buying fresh food. My meats are stored in the freezer so they’re easy, but fresh food just has to be used… maybe I’ll throw in a two or three day towards the end of the week.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #93

Oh yes l! Please do! Let’s stay strong together!
Hitting 24h feeling great after ZUMBA (my calves are killing me, but other than that…) :blush:

(Beth) #94

Go girl! Think of how your HGH spike will rebuild beautiful calf muscles!!!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #95

How are you doing?
Going back to zumba on Thursday, maybe I’ll go lifting on Wednesday, let’s see…

(Beth) #96

@Hardrock_keto_chick Feeling good fasting today. I’m about 10 hours behind you. Great bg/ketone numbers this morning. I’m going to go to a yoga class tomorrow.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #97

36h doing fine mostly. I had to give up on giving up coffe for the time being.

I reduced from 4-5 to 1-2 a day. Next time I try to get down to zero…

(Allie) #98

I’m down to one a day and am aiming at alternating between regular and decaff as the next step. Sometimes I’ll have an extra black coffee during the day but make sure it’s decaff.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #99

The thing is, it is the caffeine that jumpstarts my brain. I rather have none that decaff most of the time, and the capsule machine at work has no decaff at all (and the red nespresso decaff is nasty) XD

my idea is to switch to herbal tea at some point, (for the habitual replacement of drinking coffee)

(Allie) #100

That’s the same as me, but it’s only because we are addicted to it. I’ve detoxed caffeine several times, just stopped, and it’s nasty - several days of headaches followed by several more days of a seriously fuzzy head, before caffeine free clarity arrives. Last time I very nearly crashed my car so I cannot risk that again which is why I’m very slowly decreasing my intake rather than just stopping.