Juicy John Dory June...what did you keto today thread

food

(Mike W.) #24

I grilled up a ribeye and topped it with homemade Ramp butter

Sometimes you just need a bloody big slice of cow. Nice and fatty, a gorgeous rosy pink inside and golden brown on the outside. I smothered it in a hollandaise sauce I quickly threw together, which was slightly too runny. The broccoli was browned in garlic and butter and was delicious too.

(Eve) #26

@coopdawg My mum used to stuff them with rice and then roast whole after she had taken out the gristley bits. If l was cooking them today l would cut them up into pieces and then do a nice stew like you would with beef or chicken. I remember the meat being quite tender but you could do a slow cook just in case.

Yes. I originally had 10 hearts, but I put 7 of them overnight in the slow cooker.

I think I’m going to slice and fry these bastads,
Talk to me Goose…

Lol.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #28

Maybe I should cook it first.

All I can say is xo

(Eve) #30

@Pjam what have you done with the big piece of bone on the left? Is it bone?

(Eve) #31

@coopdawg So, … how did they taste?

I’m heating the oven up now.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #33

I simmered for 12 hrs with my Oxtail etc. That bone was full of marrow :grin:
Terrific bone broth!

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #34

I once heard a guy, replying to the waiter about how his steak should be cooked say, ‘‘Just tear off the horns and wipe it’s ass’’.
Probably an old joke but it made me choke on my dinner!

Minging. I don’t like.

I separrated the onions from the meat and gave to Carly. Never again.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #37

Blimey! Carly can’t believe the luck hahaha

(Eve) #38

Lucky Carly :grin:

(Mike W.) #39

Wild sockeye with grlled asparagus. I forgot the knob of homemade ramp butter for the pic but it made it next level. Also my family doesn’t like the salmon skin so it’s all for ME!

What weird family you have… Salmon skin is lovely! :smiley:
Good for you :wink:

I have pork chuck, my big fav (let’s blame the photo quality on the rainy day that caused my kitchen become super dark. I use the lamp but I get the best result when I have proper natural light coming from the big windows too):

And cheese sponge cakes. My normal ones are 100% eggs, these has cheese too. They are inflated lil things, I can’t help that with my ingredients but they are very nice and useful.

I had pizza too (omelet crust) but no photo about that. I put tinned mackerel on it, I love that thing.
Today was quite cheesy.

(Mike W.) #41

I was craving a steak so I requested some rib steaks with the most cap left on. I’d say he did pretty well. This was one of the best steaks I’ve eaten in a while. Yum!

Brunch snack of mixed pickles (gherkin, silverskin oinions, cauliflower), Mexican style cheese and hot pickled chilli peppers. Then had some pickled cockles. I’m gonna end up pickled myself.

For main meal this evening I cooked a minced beef chilli with extra mushrooms instead of kidney beans, served with cauilower & brocolli cheese.

Lazy Keto Friday night!
2 New York Style dougnut beef burgers with cheese, tomato and onion topping (bought prepared!). Served with flat mushrooms stuffed with garlic and herb philadelphia soft cheese, then topped with almond bread crumbs and cheddar before being toasted in the oven.