Juicy John Dory June...what did you keto today thread

food

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #123

Do you think it looks like a battered fish, deep fried? … I promise it’s not … I nervous now, with this ban hanging over me :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

LOL, hahaha, LOL!

This the keto food thread, not carni!

Relax.

Just thinking there, probably after seeing that cracker mackerel dish…It’s about time I started to do more fish dishes. I mean apart from salmon, which admittedly is hard to beat.

Maybe some trout or sea bass…yep.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #127

Oooo love trout or seabass… I can get some interesting species in East Street Market. Big Nigerian snails … ever seen those suckers?

WTF? Is that beast real?

More to the point…can we eat the skitter?

Actually, it would be a shame to eat such a magnificent animal like that…would it?

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #131

Yep, it’s real. My market has them … I’ve bought some interesting things but not those

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #132

I’ve eaten UK garden snails though. They were introduced by the Romans as food. Were farmed but easily escaped and now they eat my veg so I eat them lol

Wow. I saw such snails in photos only… We have zillion escargot here, I still don’t eat them but I have different thoughts about them since I swapped my plants with meat… It’s actually potential food… I know people used to collect it in my country galore… But normal folks still don’t eat it here.

I tried snail before, meh. I prefer frog but I don’t eat ours either… I just tasted frog once in a restaurant… similar to (good) chicken but a chicken thigh is more substantial :smiley:
And I prefer pork. Or maybe some good mutton, mmm. I should eat mutton every year but I don’t do that…

I’ve had ‘escargot’ in Paris, in a herb and garlic sauce, washed down with a carafe of red.

I liked.

That beast though, is it edible? What does it taste/texture like?
Asking for a friend :wink:

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #135

It’s very edible. Mind you the Nigerians are brilliant cooks. They turn bland ingredients into amazing dishes

Yes, @Pjam, tell us more! About the more or less exotic things you eat so I can live through you vicariously :smiley:

I am happy with my own food but I still like to hear about other options and sometimes I even add a new item. I don’t feel I have many options. Especially regarding seafood. But we haven’t snails either in normal places, just in its natural habitat as a living version. But that kind is aplenty.

I better go to sleep.

For thank fk it’s Friday evening meal.
King prawns with cauliflower and brocolli cheese with roasted stuffed peppers :

End of the month almost, need a name for upcoming new thread.

All suggestions welcome.

I’ll kick off with,

‘Jumpin’ Jack Flash Fried Fillet July…what did you keto today thread?’

(Jane) #139

Garden peppers stuffed with cream cheese and grated cheese then topped with bacon and baked.

New thread started for July, see Jumpin’ Jack Flash Fried Fillet July…what did you keto today thread.

Consider this one closed, thanks.

New thread here: Jumpin’ Jack Flash Fried Fillet July…what did you keto today thread

closed #142