Join this thread! CONDITIONS KETO CAN HEAL OR CURE

(Tara) #121

Great idea for a thread!
My worst condition and biggest reason for sticking to this is no more digestion issues. I used to get severe stomach cramps, the kind that hit you and make you double over. I’ve experimented- wheat is the culprit.
Brain fog- GONE! I have so much mental clarity.
Monthly chin volcanoes- GONE! Hormonal related skin issues have cleared up.
Depression- getting better
Hangryness- GONE! I’m in control now.
Knee pain- GONE! Can a 31 year old already have arthritis? Maybe that was arthritis…?
Anxiety over cancer and diabetes- Much better. Cancer runs rampant on one side of my family and the other side is Native American and is prone to diabetes. I know I’m doing everything I can do prevent an early death from cancer and diabetes.

(Tessy M.) #122

Too Long; Didn’t Read

(jilliangordona) #123

Bipolar Disorder 2 for my other half

(Todd Allen) #124

Got into argument with my Doc about it, he stated “…I have other patients who get them (skin tags) that have normal blood sugars…”

Perhaps your doctor should be looking at his patients’ post-prandial blood sugar curve instead of just HbA1C or fasting blood sugar.

(Bunny) #125

Ah ha so that‘s where you find it!

Thank you for that, that’s good info!

Inspiring thread. I’ll bet dollars to donuts (!) that a lot of this comes from eliminating so much toxic shit from our diets, namely by getting rid of the grains and sugars. This is certainly what our Paleo brothers and sisters preach.

(Liz ) #127

Just realized my teeth don’t hurt anymore when I eat very hot or cold foods! Wow. Keto is amazing.

(CharleyD) #128

Anxiety is a big one.

Until I realized that once the neurotransmitters trended back to normal since they weren’t bathed in glucose anymore, that this Zen-ful, centered, stable, board breakin’, happiness is how people used to feel in their heads!

But it’s hard to stay angry anymore, too :stuck_out_tongue:

(Leslie Baker) #129

This can cure goat without having to avoid foods with purines in them?

According to this article by Andreas Eenfeldt MD it can: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/side-effects/gout

(Beth) #131

Hi there, what brought me to this keto world was a low starch diet for autoimmune arthritis. I have the gene HLA-b27, which is associated with several autoimmune conditions including psoriasis, ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis and chron’s. Time has morphed my diet from a higher sugar (paleo), low starch diet to a VVLC/keto diet. I had knee pain that kept me from riding my bicycle for a few years. Last year was my first year VVLC/keto and I rode my bike 2-3 days a week with minimal pain.

My husband and I are now doing the AIP (autoimmune protocol-keto version) with good results.

Here’s an article that you may find interesting.

https://chriskresser.com/hla-b27-and-autoimmune-disease-is-a-low-starch-diet-the-solution/

(Ellie Baum) #132

-My mild Anxiety is much more mild
-I used to get shaky if I hadn’t eaten or an hour after eating. That went away within a week of starting Keto. I’ve always been curious what that was but I’m happy it’s gone. It’s what really convinced me this was good for me
-Just being hangry
-Brain fog is totally gone, can think through more complex problems

(Karen) #133

So is this different in some way from regular keto??

K

Ok, we’re all adults here (sort of) but I have a hard time mentioning this without chuckling. I did a search and while not mentioned in this thread (that I saw) I’m not the only person who has less boogers.

Yeah, I’m laughing just typing it. :laughing: :nose:

(Buffy) #135

2wks in, my horrendous drive to hoover sugar, and a myriad other carbage nastiness, poof gone! Hallelujah! My skin is looking much improved. The ride of bipolar is improving; coupled with much less anxiety & borderline personality symptoms= a trure blessing. Mental illness is no joke. I have had this struggle for 30+ years. My digestion, GERD & IBS, is vastly changing & improving. And 9lbs down. Winner, winner steak dinner! Lol​:smile::laughing:!

*5 herniated disks in lower back have healed in 9 months of being keto - MRI shows they are now GONE.
*22 years of chronic back, butt, and sciatica pain from the herniated disks is gone.
*Severe allergies are GONE.
*Chronic knee pain is gone.
*Fatigue is gone.
*Chronic grumpiness is gone, yay!
*Mother’s advanced Alzheimer’s has significantly improved.

(bulkbiker) #137

Got the letter from the eye test last week.

Diabetic retinopathy has gone from mild last year to none this year!

(Beth) #138

The AIP protocol is an elimination approach that excludes a lot of foods that are thought to cause inflammation. There was a recent clinical trial that shows its effectiveness for IBD, which my husband has. The foods are gradually re-introduced to determine which foods may be causing a reaction (so far the only clear reaction was coffee for my hubby-ugh). We are eating high fat vvlc and excluding dairy, nuts, nightshade veggies, alcohol and eggs. The typical AIP protocol allows up to 40 g of sugar from whole fruits but I’m not going there.

(Karen) #139

Ugh, I have a lot of age related arthritis and rely heavily on most of those foods. Is it helping??

K

Dairy, butter,eggs, not so much nuts. They are like crack, and I don’t choose to drink. Mom’s an alcoholic.

(Trish) #140

Reactive hypoglycaemia
GERD and heartburn
Excessive, obnoxiously loud snoring
Generalized ass-draggery throughout the day