Join this thread! CONDITIONS KETO CAN HEAL OR CURE

(TJ Borden) #101

RIGHT??? So many afflictions and diseases caused by one common issue that most doctors know nothing about.

We just need to figure out an angle where big pharma could make a buck from Keto and doctors would suddenly be trained and world would be cured in a matter of months. Of course it would have to be a pretty expensive pill to make up for the lost revenue from all the other drugs people wouldn’t need anymore.

A pill to reduce initial sugar cravings maybe? Or to stop/reduce the keto flu symptoms? Mmmmm, neither of those would have much long term income prospect though. A pill that could take out all the brainwashing ‘knowledge’ of the current recommended diets though, that might be a good one to be rolled out, using medical orofessionals as the first trial run and each of them that then becomes converted (due to said wonder drug aiding their understanding not being clouded by years of being told otherwise) can start to dish the pills out to their patients each time they come in (for their various ailments). :laughing:

Back to the initial thread though, has anyone noticed any major changes to arthritic symptoms from this WOE at all? Either osteo or rheumatoid? Also Crohns? Hadn’t noticed them on the posts above (but may have missed them). Asking for a friend who may convert if these conditions can be aided by keto?

(Mike) #104

Definitely! My arthritis pain is virtually gone along with Plantar Fasciitis. Injury related pain, like tendonitis has not been helped at all though.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #105

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #106

Not myself, thankfully I did not have these conditions except for mild arthritis in an ankle and wrist from an injury as a teen (I’m 54 now). That pain disappeared and has not returned in four years ketogenic.
There has absolutely been cases where Crohns and rheumatoid arthritis has been vastly improved. I read a paper recently on Crohns disease and keto. I will try and find it for you.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #107

@Keto4CFS_ME

(Jen) #108

6 weeks in:
-clear head…I shock myself when I dont forget things immediately after hearing them now
-morning stiffness that made me feel 80 (I’m only 44!) gone
-Ulcer that I’ve had for a year is going…Is that even possible?
-Reflux gone
-Horrible bloating and pain gone despite being told I need to eat low fat forever after having my gallbladder removed. I thought high fat might kill me. Wrong!
-Psychologically much happier…especially since my bum doesn’t bounce when I go down the stairs anymore!!!

(Alex S) #109

The use of the keto-diet in our office to manage brain-fog is extremely consistent haha.

Literally no-one suffers the post-lunch, or 3 o’clock sleepiness ever since keto started spreading between the staff members.

(TJ Borden) #110

Maybe that’s the way to get it mainstream. Sell employers on the idea of bacon instead of donuts to increase productivity.

(Olivia) #111

We have an expression in Germany for post lunch fatigue; it’s called schnitzel-coma. The most popular dish in canteens is schnitzel (breaded pork) with a load of french-fries or country fries. Two hours later everybody is super sleepy and dragging him-or herself to the afternoon coffee-break, which is where they get there caffeine fix served with piece of cake.

(Crystal) #112

I still have depression (then again I’m still starting). How did it help you?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #113

@new2keto1000
My depression was the first thing that lifted when I started the ketogenic diet. I would say it was gone within 3 weeks and I noticed it an incredible difference in mood. It actually is what kept me eating ketogenic at first ! This surprising alteration of emotions .

The way that this happens is, when the brain stops depending on glucose for fuel and instead it uses ketones, something happens with the brain chemistry. There’s actually a lot of science on this available.
Keep calm and keto on I guarantee you your mood will improve in some way.

(Carol O'Carroll) #114

Plus a markedly lower level of sensitivity in my teeth and gums. Even the dentist commented on it today.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #115

Oh Yes! I literally have no tartar on my teeth anymore!

(Candy Lind) #116

I hope I get the same result, because mine are pitiful! :grimacing:

(Candy Lind) #117

IKR? It’s amazing my friends as well as myself.

(Candy Lind) #118

Indeed! This place rocks.

Candy, I had to google what ‘IKR’ meant :laughing: I feel so behind the times, thanks for updating my lexicon!!

(Candy Lind) #120

Don’t feel bad! I still don’t know what TL;DR means! LOL