Join this thread! CONDITIONS KETO CAN HEAL OR CURE

(Troy) #81

OMAD = Cured my pocketbook and bank account
Spend way less on food😆

Or going out just to eat during social events /desserts
Or the ever so missed late night drive thru😂

(Jennie Bardsley) #82

This thread is a great idea thanks Brenda. I’m just going to add a couple of things that I haven’t seen mentioned so far-

1. dental health - I have terrible teeth (I’m 62) but for the past 3 years since starting LCHF I have not had to have any work done and always complimented on how well I am looking after my teeth
  2. Motion sickness - I used to get terrible motion sickness - just standing on the jetty before getting on the boat I could feel sick. Now I seem to be cured!

(Bunny) #83

I just got new eye glasses recently and now seeing double vision again!

This is crazy! :nerd_face:

The double vision means my eyes are continuing to improve because the prescription is too strong! :face_with_monocle:

(Becky) #84

Yes, no more tags appeared. The small tags dropped off and the larger tags shrunk. I even have a mole on my face I was considering having removed that has lightened in color and flattened out.

Previously, I was seeing a dermatologist to have them removed little by little, but they were multiplying so quickly that I was beginning to give up.

I didn’t know they were connected to diabetes.

(Bunny) #85

I was getting a bunch of them too (skin tags) and they disappeared!

From what I understand they are an early sign (pre-diabetes; especially in Native Americans like myself) that you are starting to become insulin resistant!

Got into argument with my Doc about it, he stated “…I have other patients who get them (skin tags) that have normal blood sugars…”

…yeah, until…?

Just have to shake my head in disbelief sometimes!

The things that make you go hmmmmmm?..

(Arlene) #86

Isn’t it a shame that a professional, like your dermatologist wouldn’t know to tell you that your skin tags are often a sign of too much sugar. If more professionals were in the know, things would get so much better all over the world.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #87

Motorcycle :heart:

(3c6f21097d06511a9e23) #88

Oh yes.

(Mike) #89

It does have its costs as well though. I just had to spend $400 on new clothes

(Brian) #90

Much truth in that. The “skinny jeans” that I had put away years ago because they were too tight to wear anymore are now baggy. :confused: I’m wearing the skinniest of the ones I had put away and the belt is not optional.

I should take a picture of my suit jacket. I put it on the other day just to see whether I could still wear it. I bought it last April for my mom’s funeral since I didn’t even own a suit. There may not be room for two of me in there but the jacket that I could only just button then I can now pull out away from me in front with close to a foot of space in there. In other words, I no longer have a suit that fits. (I think I wore it maybe two or three times.) Glad I didn’t spend a lot on it.

(Mike) #91

Unfortunately, each time I set aside “Skinny” clothes I would send the last ones to Goodwill. I think I blew past the ones I had saved last in the first Month! I had been wearing my around the house relaxed pants with a clip on them. Now the wife and I are going on a cruise so I could not put off getting at least enough clothes that fit right to last a week. Sigh such problems Carl and Richard have made for me!

Keto for 11 months, 48 M. First the standards -
Obesity: BMI 35.5->24.9 Actually took 7 months and I got stuck at my Phinney weight 25.1 BMI for a couple of months, a four day fast got me “normal” for a day and I pivoted to lifting weights, bench press has gone from 1/4 body-weight to 3/4, still BMI 25.2. I’ll drop some more kilos after I hit 1.
Diabetes: Don’t know, didn’t test before, A1c 4.7 in Oct, so that’s all good.
Blood Pressure: 130-140/90-100 -> 110-115/70-75
Resting Heart Rate: Early 90s when I first got my tracker band, now mid 50s (food sensitivities played a part here, also lots of bike riding)
Anxiety/Depression: was mild-moderate, now gone.
Acne: just gone.
Insomnia: gone.
Fatty liver: gone.

And the less standard.
Bad Eyesight: Don’t need to reach for reading glasses anywhere near as much.
Grey Hair: Have found hairs that are brown at the root, grey further up.
Hair loss: regrowth in patchy loss areas.
Shortness: As a youngster I was 175cm, at peak weight 174, I’m now 176. WTF? Growth hormone, mis-measurement, I don’t know, but I’ll take it.
Big feet: Used to be Size 9, went up to 10, now back to 9.
Laziness: Way too much energy now.
Psoriasis: Vastly improved, however this is confounded with light therapy / sun and more recently working on food sensitivities, but without keto I wouldn’t have been in a clean enough eating pattern to approach these.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #93

ME TOO!!!

(Rick) #94

Keto has helped me recover from being an absolute train wreck - for myself here is my list (so far):
Type 2 diabetes, BG in 500’s and A1C of 10.5 now at BG in 80/90’s, A1C 5.5,
Insulin resistance lowering,
Severe hypertension 210/185 to normal range,
Kidney function restored from 36% to 64% (this is a biggie, avoided dialysis)
55 lbs gone and counting,
Triglycerides at 576 down to 176 and dropping (blood lipids normalizing),
Strength slowly returning, smaller clothing fits now,
Joint pain gone (except chronic issue with SI joint),
Off the chart clarity of mind (a worry with family history of Alzheimer’s),
Inflammation way down (also a family concern with cancers),
Finally, HAVING A CHANCE OF A REASONABLY HEALTHY LONG LIFE!!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #95

Very big biggie…
Avoiding dialysis.

HUGE

I’ve mentioned my eyelashes phenomena elsewhere as something a bit frivolous (and it sure is compared to avoiding dialysis!) but now I’m thinking it’s also a healing, because thicker and longer eyelashes help protect the eyes more!

I’d always just accepted my shortie lashes as something to do with genetics…

Now I’m thinking that maybe it was 25 years of vegetarianism and/or a childhood pretty much on the malnourished SAD - because after just 6 months on Keto I started to notice my eyelashes indeed all longer and/or I have more of them! I’ve developed natural fringeys…! Maybe because of eating 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil most days, as I just learned that it was used in ancient India and Egypt for hair growth?

Supposedly thinning eyelashes are part of the aging process - but am 52 and experiencing the opposite. It’s kinda fun.

(Pinar Ertekin) #97

love this thread!

T2D reversed
(mum 71 has reduced her T2D and her a1C has gone down greatly - best numbers since 15 years being T2D!)
periodontitis cured - I was suffering for over 20 years
no more food / sugar cravings
can go longer between meals - have in average 2 meals a day
mood improved immensely - more positive and calm - where I used to be down often given the amounts of sugar / carb intake!
bloating gone
uncomfortable feeling in my skin gone
better longer sleep
mental clarity

(TJ Borden) #98

So clearly this FAD diet doesn’t really do much and hardly seems worth depriving ourselves of nutrient dense bread and pasta. :wink:

Haha! Exactly! We must all be making it up :laughing:

Personally I started this as a last ditch attempt to do something for my ME.
It hasn’t cured me of it or reduced all of my symptoms (yet! - I live in hope) but what it has helped with so far:

-IBS gone
-Chronic pain levels reduced on daily basis and flares are now less in tense and much less long lasting

• depression gone - now off meds with no problems
    -Brain fog lifting - I can now fill out simple forms again and read a few pages of a book (and actually remember what i have read), I can remwmber what my kids need for school, remember date for appts I need to attend
  • mental and visual stamina - I can now look at a screen for more than just a couple of mins and can focus on what is on there properly
    -energy crashes are not as long lived, seem to pick up quicker
  • skin softer
    -face not so puffy
    -easier to wake up in the mornings
  • incontinence reduced (overactive detrusor activity)
  • sensory bombardment/overload reduced (visually, soundwise and also touch sensitivity lowered)
  • POTS symptoms reducing
    -(an odd one which i don’t think has been mentioned yet but similar to the skin tags thing) some of my moles have decreased in size and some disappeared?!

Cons - others in the house stealing my extremely dark chocolate and using my cream to add to their carby desserts!!! (Slowly trying to talk the 17yr old round to keto - largely tempting him with steak :laughing:)

(Mike) #100

I have been thinking about this thread a lot lately. Could it also be titled CONDITIONS THAT HYPERINSULINEMIA CAUSE?