Join this thread! CONDITIONS KETO CAN HEAL OR CURE

(Jeanne Wagner) #201

Thank you so much Brenda. You are an inspiration to me. I want to also start some weight training. I’m so blown away by your leg presses. I have a Crossfit friend who also thinks that a 800+ lb leg press is damned impressive.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #202

I have HUGE thighs. Always have. Turns out a lot of that is muscle. Lol

(Casey Crisler) #204

I’m hoping my sleep apnea and snoring go away. I’m so tired of having to use a CPAP. Pancreatitis is another thing I’m keeping an eye on.

(Jacquelyn Graham) #205

Anxiety, depression, PTSD, weight loss, lowered my blood pressure, gum inflammation, insomnia and staying asleep, snoring, allergies, skin issues, hair loss, mental clarity (was ready to go get myself tested for early onset dementia, it was that bad), fingernails strong again, energy levels great now, joint pain, bowel issues, heartburn, lessens my supra ventricular tachycardia, self-esteem, cravings, and more. Why on Earth would I ever even consider going back on the SAD way of eating? This has been a life-saver, literally. My worst worry on this is I’ll most likely live a lot longer and have to revise my retirement plans!

(Jennie ) #206

2 month’s in and my hair, skin and nails are stronger and look, dare I say, AMAZING. The few skin tags I had have dried up and fallen off.

I no longer spend every free minute on the toilet (never diagnosed but had IBS symptoms for years)

Also, definitely starting to notice an improvement in my mood. Much less anxiety, and haven’t felt really felt “down” or depressed recently.

I haven’t quite lost the weight I was hoping to but its coming off at a slow and healthy rate and I’m more than pleased with that. Loving my keto lifestyle :grinning::blush:

Fewer Migraines
Tingling hands and feet cured
Visual disturbances from continuous to barely ever
More even moods, less crabby
Sleep amazing
IBS gone completely
Fewer food allergies
Can suddenly tolerate dairy again! ( but small amounts, a lot ruins my Ketosis)
Shortness of breath almost gone
Hemoglobin level rising
Aches and pains gone all over
Stuttering speech almost gone
Better relationships due to more focus on communication instead of mood swings.
Heel cracks and dandruff gone
Female problems reduced and continuing to improve

Haven’t seen it mentioned here yet, but costchondritis. I was diagnosed in my early 20s, legit thought I was having a heart attack. I was told it was a chronic condition, mostly harmless, but I’d have it for life and it’d flare up every now and then.

No more symptoms ever since I started keto. I used to be completely unable to touch my ribcage without feeling pain, and now I’m completely normal. It’s as if I never had it.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #209

I was just looking over what I posted back in March, and I’m happy to say that I can now go for a few days without even noticing that I forgot to take my anti-depressant, my anti-histamine, or my decongestant, so obviously the depression and the asthma/allergies are continuing to improve.

I ate quite a bit in the evening, two days ago, and wasn’t hungry till late yesterday evening, even though I spent several hours mowing the lawn. Today I’m not tired at all—in the old days, I’d have had to spend a day or two in bed if I exerted myself that much, so my fatigue syndrome is clearly being healed. I still don’t feel energetic, the way people describe, just normal—but hey, I’ll take it! Compared to before, this is life-changing.

My arthritic knee hasn’t troubled me at all in months. I had even forgotten that it used to give me trouble!

I have been getting more migraine auras since going keto, but from something Jeff Volek said in a recent video, I am beginning to suspect that’s a symptom of low sodium. I’m going to keep a close eye on my sodium intake to see if there’s a pattern. It’s also possible that this was related to the stevia/erythritol I was using. I’ll have to do some experimenting.

I haven’t read the whole thread but has anyone said hyperthyroidism?

Keto, and low carb in general, has the dubious distinction of decreasing thyroid function. Well, I 've been keto for five months and I had SEVERE hypothyroidism before this. First labs indicated I was way over medicated (first labs after keto) so we cut my meds in half. Just got it tested again - WAY overmedicated still so we’re cutting it to nearly nothing! My doctor is flabbergasted stating that it’s like we’re giving thyroid meds to a body that doesn’t have a thyroid condition. Um, yes, sir. I think mine’s completely reversing!!

(Casey Crisler) #211

How long would you say it took? My knee seems to be getting worse. I’m a little concerned.

May I ask, when did you notice the improvement in joint pain? I’m only on week 3, but was hoping to notice some change by now. Overly eager?!! :crazy_face:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #213

This time last year, when I had been eating keto for three or four months, my knee still hurt. By October, I was beginning to notice an improvement, but it would still get sore if I made too many trips up and down stairs. Today I’ve been running up and down and just noticed that my knee still isn’t hurting at all.

On the other hand, when I’m in the car and trying to look behind me while reversing, I still have some pain in the cervical vertebrae in my neck. Some improvement, there, but that condition started a lot longer ago than the knee trouble, so I imagine whatever healing I might experience is likely to take longer.

The moral is that keto does not produce instant healing; it only allows the body to heal, and much healing takes time.

(Aimee Moisa) #214

Low carb got me pregnant.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #215

The first week. But then I was a hundred pounds overweight and very sick with type 2 diabetes

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #216

Lol. Cool.

(Jane) #217

Congratulations!!!

Edited to add: is this in the past or are you expecting now?

(Aimee Moisa) #218

That was back in 2008. :slight_smile:
This is her last Easter. I really do call her my Little Keto Miracle.

Sleep apnea and CPAP machine ==> gone

Pre-diabetes - A1c 6.0% ==> 5.2%

35 years of Injury related arthritis in ankle so bad I tried to have it fused ==> now completely pain free for 8 months

(Aimee Moisa) #220

Damn Dave, I guess you ARE here! :slight_smile:

(Jane) #221

Precious!!!