JANUARY 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Jane) #101

Ok, you have a ways to go before it becomes easier. You can EF through will power but it will definitely be easier a month from now.

(Jay Henry) #102

hmm ok, perhaps Iā€™ll stick with keto + 16:8 for a few more weeks and then try an EF.

Cheers!

(Central Florida Bob ) #103

Nearing the 100 hour mark I have to say this has been the roughest day of the 4 so far. Iā€™ve had loose bowels all day and Iā€™m just feeling run down (seriously, if the input is zero, where does all the output come from??). My fasting BG this morning was 64, the lowest Iā€™ve ever had by at least 10 ml/dl. Donā€™t have blood ketone strips, but I have the el-cheapo breathalyzer and got the highest ketones ever, .085.

Iā€™ll finish the fast mid to late morning tomorrow with something light, like maybe one egg and a strip of bacon, to respect the refeeding. Then get back to normal in a few hours.

I have to say Iā€™m not inspired to do more 5 day fasts.

Broke a relatively straightforward fast this morning at around 90 hours. My main reason for doing it this time around was to help manage some ongoing stress and it really was effective.

(Jane) #105

Broke my fast this morning at 36 hours. Going to try a longer fast next week starting after lunch on Monday.

KCFO

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #106

I am once more having trouble fasting. The cold harsh weather and the lack of social contact are the main culprits.

I am hitting 10h now.
I will try to fast trough the weekend because it will be super busy and I just canā€™t be bothered to cook and sit down to eat.

Anyone else want to team up?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #107

28h. Feeling fine. Forgot my salt container at home though. Will have to get something on the road

As Jane mentioned, you can skip meals through will power at this point, but once youā€™re Fat Adapted you will find that your hunger just simply decreases significantly. Most say this takes 6 - 8 weeks, but differs by person.

For folks like me, I was already only eating OMAD (One Meal A Day) before switching over to this WOE/WOL, so it was a lot easier since I was already doing this, as well as some Fasting before Keto. (Just never thought about it) But it was around 6 weeks for me, when I simply wasnā€™t eating because I wasnā€™t hungry at all and it simply went on from there. Gets strangely easy, which can still feel a little weird going all week not eating.

(Central Florida Bob ) #109

I should add a conclusion to my story if for nothing but closure and posterity.

I completed my fast yesterday at noon. I had a couple of slices of bacon and a handful of macadamia nuts, then waited until almost 1PM to have an omelet. It would have been earlier, but my wife was cooking some hog jowl bacon in the oven and I couldnā€™t really start cooking a bacon and cheddar omelet until about 12:45.

I continued to have loose bowels and problems, even after breaking the fast. Had a fully carnivore dinner and started feeling normally by late evening. By this morning I felt pretty normal and did my regular, every other day 13 mile bike ride. I did that on Wednesday, fully fasted, without problem, but that was before the intestinal troubles (which is why I rode today, not yesterday).

(Jane) #110

Glad you are feeling better and have your digestive issues back under control.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #111

12h in. anyone else fasting?

(Jane) #112

Yes - 18 hours in and shooting for 96 hours this week. Havenā€™t done a fast longer than 36 hours in a couple of months now so hopefully my longer-term fasting muscle didnā€™t lose much tone!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #113

Iā€™ll have to restartā€¦ my body is willing but my mind is weakā€¦ :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

(Jane) #114

Glad this is an EF because I had too many carbs the day before (intentional) so taking longer to get my BG down and BK up. No worries - they will drop/rise soon!

Going yarn shopping over lunch so I donā€™t have to smell all the food cooking in the office!

@20 hrs:
BG: 87
BK: 1.2
GKI: 4.0

(Susan) #115

I did the Zornfast till early Sunday morning, I ate again at 11 Pm Sunday night and have been fasting again, just because it feels right. 35 hours so far.
my ketones are 1.5 on the Keto Mojo.

(Bob M) #116

I usually eat late, as late as 9pm. So, my 36 hour fasts are to 9am two days later (eg, finish eating Sunday night, break fast on Tuesday). I usually work out the morning of, so thatā€™s at about the 33 hour mark, and I barely can make it to 37 or 38 hours (working out makes me hungry).

If you eat dinner at a normal time, say end by 6pm, then your math works OK. For me, Iā€™m lucky to hit 37-38 hours.

(Bob M) #117

Youā€™re lucky to get it that low. I canā€™t get my ketones at that level unless I fast multiple days.

(Jane) #118

I donā€™t always get those high of ketones that early on - it really varies a lot. Iā€™ve only had my Keto Mojo about 6 weeks so no data yet on a longer multi-day fast. I will have some data this week unless I have to break my fast for something unexpected.

(Jane) #119

31 hours in and a bit hungry but nothing I canā€™t ignore. Usually 24-36 hours is the only time I experience mild hunger on EFā€™s so by morning I should be good to go to finish up my 96 and break it on a Friday at lunch.

BG: 84
BK: 3.1 :star_struck:
GKI: 1.5

Should have some good autophagy kicking in by now.

(Charul Arora) #120

How did it go? Did you feel low on energy?