January 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Pamela) #41

Like some of you … I went off the rails for the holiday. So I’m on day 3 of my water fast. I hope to reach 5 days. This fast isn’t as smooth as my previous fasts. I have the keto flue which I never expeniced before… but I have my salt and will tough it out.

I haven’t ate all year! No one thinks that’s as cool or funny around my house. Lol. I’m at 99:32 and I’ve beat my longest of 99 hours!! Yippee!! I hope to make it to 120 hours to see if I get that 5 day euphoria that I’ve read about. Maybe I’ll be so high that I can go longer? Fasting is addictive!!!

(Ivete C) #43

I’m on day 3 of water and black coffee fast, feeling good and looking forward to complete a 5 day fast.

(Ivete C) #44

Ha ha ha my husband does the same thing to me :joy:

Well done with your new lowest weight :+1:t2:

(Dawn) #45

What??? This is fantastic news! I new low? Congratulations. I am so happy for you. Way to stay strong. If you need a little motivation, just pull out old fat pictures of yourself whenever you feel weak and then read some stuff about the dangers of obesity. It gets me everytime.

Warrior fast today. We will see if I feel like carrying it over to tomorrow morning to make it a 36 hour fast.

(Liz ) #47

I took progress photos in my underwear today, I don’t know how much I need to lose still. 20 or 30 pounds I guess. I look like the bigger me, just smaller, lol. Ah well. Hopefully the next phase will show some real aesthetic changes in my figure. But that’s not even why I’m doing all this! Still, it’s the part you can see, so it’s more motivating sometimes than knowing I’m hopefully preventing all kinds of diseases down the road.

I’ve been bouncing around the same number on the scale for months now. I’m currently 4 lbs up from my lowest fasted weight. Trying not to be too bummed though. Just going to KCKO & start a 3-day fast Saturday night. Fasted weights are little teasers!

I was impatient at the start of Keto back in March, then I lost 40 lbs & chilled out. Now that it’s the new year & I can see my goal in sight but I’m treading water, I’m impatient again lol! Oh well.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #48

I have those same feelings and issues. When I’m not fasting I hover about 4lbs over my fasting weight. But every time I do a 72 hour fast, my set point lowers. Don’t let it get you too impatient. Taking the pictures is a good idea.

(Liz ) #49

Thanks for the pep talk, I needed it! I will slog on, pushing my set point lower and lower by tiny degrees. I’ve got the whole rest of my life to accomplish my goals. If Richard can do it after his year long stall, so can I!! And so can you! How much are you trying to lose at this point?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #50

@LizinLowell, my main goal when I started was to rid myself of all prescribed medications and improve overall health. I wasn’t in bad health when I started but had a heart attack when I was 28 years old. When I started this WOE back in September I realized that I wasn’t doing anything to improve my health and the doctors that I’ve seen over the last 25 years had not helped to improve my health. My first step was to change my mindset of what is healthy. Now that I have done that, I’ll be seeking the advice of a new dr to rid myself of all the medications that I’ve taken for so long. I have seen significant health improvements over the past 3+ months. So to answer your question, the weight loss is just a really good side benefit for me. I started at 309 and I’m headed to 209. Don’t know how long it will take but I’ll be getting healthy in the process.

(KCKO, KCFO) #51

Good job on cutting the convo short before you ordered something. Great job of the weight loss since Oct.

KCFO

(KCKO, KCFO) #52

Goodonya for not eating this year!!! Doing a happy dance for you over here.

(KCKO, KCFO) #53

I actually enjoy the 36ers most of all. If I make it through the first day without eating, I just go to bed early to reach the 36 hrs. IFing and 36 hrs are my go tos. Hoping you make it smoothly to 36 hrs.

(Liz ) #54

Wow, intense! I’m so glad you found Keto and are working toward improved health! I saw the health issues my family members were having and realized I was next if I didn’t take preventative measures. Do you use K2 for your heart? I’ve been taking it with high hopes.

(KCKO, KCFO) #55

Good idea taking pictures. I have a real issue with body image. I either think I am smaller than I am or way larger. Never seems grounded in reality.

Just keep driving down those fasted lows, you don’t bounce much higher, so eventually you get there.
Hoping the 3 dayer goes smoothly for you.

KCFO

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #56

Not sure I know what that is?

(KCKO, KCFO) #57

Great reasons for changing your eating. Hope all goes well getting off meds or at least seeing a big drop in them. That is some history you have.

Best of luck on the weight loss side as well.

Liz is referring to vitamin K2, google it very interesting stuff.

KCKO

(Shirley A Connor) #58

Hello, I’m new…not sure how to do this

(Liz ) #59

Welcome! We’re just chatting about fasting in this thread. Let us know whatever it is you’d like to learn more about and someone will have adivce, probably many someones will lol.

(Shirley A Connor) #60

I just started this diet…not sure about it