Jan 2018 Weight Maintenance Goals - check in here!

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

Just want this topic to keep going so I started one for this month.

How did everyone fare over the holidays?

I have reached and am now staying within 2 lbs. of my newest weight loss goal, so I think I did very well through the holiday season. I did the Zornfast right before Christmas, did a refeed day, then a 24 hr. fast, and then a few days of eating and did 36 hrs. of fasting, ending at breakfast on New Years Day. No toasts til then :smile:

My weigh in was at my new lower weight, after refeeding I bounced up slightly, but did another 36hr fast and Iā€™m back at the lower weight again.

Excited to hear how you all did.

Dec 2017 Weight Maintenance Goals- check in here!

I havenā€™t weighed in quite awhile. My BMI borderline is 179, and as of early last fall I was at 167. Maintenance is a good description of what I am doing. I may weigh over the weekend and post for accountability. Or, if it sucks, Iā€™ll lose the extra weight and then post that result. :grinning:

(Michael ) #3

Nice job. I had a ton of cheese, fat head pizz ass and chocolate and keto sweets. So, weight loss didnā€™t occur, but didnā€™t gain anything. Worked out a lot and probably gained a little muscle and enjoyed my treats. So, no setbacks. Just pressed pause on the weight loss for couple weeks. Doesnā€™t stress me out, im a little over weight but not in the danger zone for health. So, my daily goals are to feel a little better every day. And lilys chocolate and pizza made me feel great

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

100% cacoa chocalate bars make me feel great. I love fathead style pizza, I feel great after having part of one of those, I have to share with DH. :innocent:

171 as of this morning. I am good with that.

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

How is the Maintenance Crew doing?

Iā€™m staying in that 2 lb. window. Been eating normally with just IFing. While the weather has been horrid back East, the Front Range has been blue skies and sunny, so I have been getting in some walks outside. But the cold will be coming, so Iā€™ve set up my dumbbells and stepper in my study so I can do something when Winter returns with a passion, which it will.

(Karen Parrott) #7

Thanks for starting this thread!! Well, Iā€™m about 2-3 pounds above my ā€œBestā€ weight range, howeverā€¦ I have been doing body weight exercises and my %Body Fat is lower than usual by about 1%.

I tried on a very form fitting dress for my daughterā€™s 2018 June graduation. I bought it at my lowest scale weight in June of 2017 and it fits the same or better.

So, this may be my winter weight. Continuing with daily weighing, more Time Restricted Eating and more pushups and bodyweight work outs.

I donā€™t love seeing the higher weight number, but I do love the extra strength. I know how easy it is for me to gain 5-10 pounds, so Iā€™m not kidding myself, either. Iā€™ll be tracking closely in Jan 2018 to keep things level.

Take care everyone!!! Karen P
(PS- recorded a podcast with Keto Woman today, Exciting and will post a link when it publishes)

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

I had a blood draw today, getting the advanced lipopanel done. Wonā€™t know the results til next week.

I did however note that with my clothes on, I am well under the goal weight I had selected originally, the one my Dr. had advised me to use.

I freakinā€™ love keto and fasting.

(Nicole Sawchuk) #9

I did pretty good despite a week trip back to my familyā€™s house and than a week long trip to Mexico. I managed to stay the same weight despite not being strict keto. But I am happy to be back to my routine and about to finish I think what will end up only being an 36 hour fast (to dump all that excess glycogen) and back to strict keto eating with IF. Its amazing how my body told me it didnā€™t like when I went off script and how going back to fasting and keto seems so natural and not restrictive.

For 2018, I am hoping to tone up more through exercise.

Warrior fast today, third day in a row. Will break it late tonight (probably about 9 pm) with another ā€œmeat meal.ā€ Thatā€™s exactly what it sounds like. Usually ā€œa steak,ā€ the end.

(Chris) #11

Due to my recent surgery I gained about 10 pounds (being liberal with estimate), dropping that off now and then will continue to maintain 150-155 throughout the year while recomping. More about my situation is covered in my n=1 progress thread in this forum (with video!).

Checking in with Maintenance Crew. Hope to see a lot of people continue to contribute.

I did fine over the holidays. Ate a bit more keto food than usual (and enjoyed it) but no carb cheats. Weight actually stayed about the same. Missed one scheduled workout, but seem to be back on track now.

For January Iā€™m going to try to keep weight stable, and continue to increase exercise/activity.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

Having difficulties fasting for more than 24 hrs. this month only completed one 36 hr. one. I will be doing Zornfast these month, so maybe just do 23:1 till that starts.

Anyone else run into this issue of the fasts not going longer? After months of doing EX fasting without issues?

(Nicole Sawchuk) #14

I hit a point in November where it does not seem to happen. Done a few 36 hour fast since then but it feels like I am too low in BMI to go longer suddenly. Not sure why as I still have meat on me. But I havenā€™t been forcing it too much. Will love some tips and tricks to get through it as my BG (especially in the morning) are higher than I would like.

(Karen Parrott) #15

Replying to my own post. A cold has me not feeling so great. Iā€™m going to try to get a lot of back to back 17:7 or 18:6 fasts going to see if IF helps me feel better and helps the trend on the scale.

It could just be the inflammation due to the virus. Sigh. I get what I get, I donā€™t throw a fit. Fasting will probably help, though. :slight_smile:

(Paula Green) #16

Thanks for this thread. I have been maintaining my goal weight for a few months now and survived Christmas holidays with no weight gain - first time ever!

I now find myself on holiday (vacation) in Maui for four weeks (over from UK). My goal is to maintain my weight without tracking, just avoid carbs and eat real food. I have tracked my food in some shape or other since I was around 12 and got my first weight watchers magazine! Iā€™m 51. Thatā€™s a lot of obsessing about food. It has kept my at a reasonable healthy weight all my life which I guess is good but until recently never at my goal weight.

Now I want to trust myself and this way of eating. Iā€™m a bit scared of the American supermarkets - SO much processed food and even foods I think Iā€™m familiar with seem to have stuff added. So much reading of labels. But I have found a Whole Food Market here on Maui and although I nearly suffered heart failure at the cost of things it does have plenty of nice fresh, real food. We have decided to only eat out once a week and cook the rest of the time in our condo. As Iā€™m only eating twice a day I can just about cope with the cost. Although watching my husband chow through the nuts - is just like watching him eat a fist full of dollars lol!

(KCKO, KCFO) #17

Just checking in quickly. My dr. office weight is tracking with my scale at home, I got dressed weighed myself at home and hopped into the car and went to the dr. office. Exact same weight. I was pretty happy about that.

I also had my dr. say to me, ā€œyouā€™re a little over the total chol. no. Iā€™d like to see but the NMR lipopanel shows me you are doing fine.ā€ I have mostly fat fluffy LDLs. And my insulin resistance score is a wonderful <25, lab uses <=45 as normal. This really motivates me to carry on and keto on. She said we can retest in 6 months to see any trends. So happy she is happy with my weight loss, chol, status, she told me to just keep doing whatever you are doing, it sure works for you. I have told her I eat keto/lchf, but not mentioned the fasting I added Spring.

Hope everyone is doing great.

(Paula Green) #18

Iā€™m so pleased you had a good experience at your doctors office and she supports what you do. It definitely helps with motivation to continue with this way of eating.

Iā€™m a few more days into my Maui vacation and things going really well. I usually go off the rails on holiday - more drinking, more snacks etc. But I came into this trip in a very good place and Iā€™ve just kept on going. Iā€™ve only had one glass of wine in ten days here and not missed it at all, I think my tastes have changed a lot. No urge for ice cream either which is also weird :slight_smile:

Also getting better at shopping here. I love your bacon - it give off much more fat than our stuff in the Uk and Iā€™ve been using that to cook other things. I have allowed myself a little fruit - just a few strawberries and blueberries - they look so pretty on the side of my bacon and eggs and it feels like a vacation treat.

My goal is go home the same weight as I arrived.

(Karen Parrott) #19

Itā€™s so fun when your vacation habits and tastes have changed and berries and eggs and bacon are treatsā€¦ Hope you had a great trip. :sunny:

(Paula Green) #20

Thanks Karen!

Iā€™m nearly at the end of my trip - four more days plus two days of travel. It has been by far the most successful trip Iā€™ve ever had - nutrition wise. The best thing is that low carb/keto has also meant that itā€™s been pretty easy to stay on plan.

There was a small wobble involving some pitta chips last week but no harm done. Not even sure why I bought the things. I bought them at the beginning of the trip out of habit - stock up the cupboards, not sure why, my carb eating husband doesnā€™t eat things like that. I didnā€™t touch them for two weeks, or think about them for that matter. Then I had one bad day (on an emotional level) and boom, out they came. Fortunately these days my moments of weakest (being normal ha ha) are few and far between and even though I was conscious that I was eating my emotions I couldnā€™t stop myself.

But in the big picture of a month away from home and my routines, I have rocked this trip. Iā€™ve found it easy to exercise fasted (I run and cycle) and Iā€™ve been sleeping like a log - always a sign that Iā€™m on top of things.

This forum has been great company for me these past weeks - not watched any TV - and great inspiration.