Jalapeno Ranch Meatloaf

(Hungry Julie) #1

Rising from the grave, I’ve been trying to get back into cooking and since it’s meatloaf season, let’s go with that.

Jalapeno Ranch Meatloaf
Prep 10-15 mins
Set Oven to 400F
Makes 2 loaves

1 LB ground turkey
1 LB ground pork
2 cups of grated cheddar
3/4 of an onion, minced
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 or 2 whole jalapeno minced and seeded (more or less to taste, 1 was great to me)
1 egg
1 packet of ranch dressing powder
2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper

10 slices of bacon raw (If you want to wrap them in)

Warning Do not rub eyes or privates after mincing jalapeno (or fool around with your partner!)

Sautée your onions and garlic in a bit of oil to start, till golden brown and let cool
Mix everything in a bowl, salt and pepper liberally, don’t forget the onions and garlic
Split in 2 and form your loaves, wrap in bacon weaves

Weaves: For this size I put 2 slices length wise and weave in 3 slices to wrap around, it’s perfect to keep everything together when flipping.

Set a small grill on a cookie sheet (drip pan) and put in the oven for 20 minutes .
Check the bacon for doneness (It should be 3/4 cooked)
Flip using thongs
Cook another 10-15 minutes and check the bacon, you do not want limp bacon!
When the bacon is good on all sides, check the inner temperature for 165F

(Candy Lind) #2

There are SO many things I could say about these two lines! :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Does anyone else see a meat loaf in a sling shot? :thinking:

Seriously, though, aren’t there a lot of carbs in the Ranch Dressing packet? I just made a ranch dressing herb mix the other day to avoid getting a bunch of carbs. Just curious.

(Hungry Julie) #3

Dumb auto-correct, I shall leave it at is. Sexy meatloaf!

As for the ranch powder, you’re right I just fished the bag out, it’s 16 carbs for the whole packet so… about 4 for the half loaf it’s not that bad but making your own is probably better.

(TJ Borden) #4

:joy: I wish I could say I haven’t learned this lesson the hardway. My wife still laughs at me every time I put on gloves to cut peppers now.

(Hungry Julie) #5

The hard way more than once. The hub isn’t allowed to eat hot wings when we know we’re gonna fool around again.

What would I do if I only wanted to make the jalapeno ranch dressing? No joke, I went to Chuy’s last night for dinner and had some of their jalapeno ranch dressing and I’m craving it like crazy now. Took my chicken salad to another level.

(Candy Lind) #7

OK, you must be in Austin! I would think you could just take some jalapeños, seed them (or not if you want really hot), chop until fine with a food chopper/processor, then mix into your favorite ranch dressing & let sit overnight (or not! :rofl: ). BTW, Mesa Rosa has a great jalapeño ranch as well.

(Hungry Julie) #8

That’s how I do it myself :stuck_out_tongue:

(TJ Borden) #9

:yum:…chuys…and salt lick. I miss Austin

(Consensus is Politics) #10

Aww… c’mon. Jalapeños? I just use those for flavoring. When I want to spice things up I use Serrano peppers.
They aren’t extreme, but they were always hot enough for me to use in my home made salsa (now I need to investigate how many carbs it had, as it got my mouth watering just thinking about it. Pavlov’s salsa.)

As I was saying, just spicy enough so when I took it to work, everyone could enjoy a bite, but didn’t (couldn’t) eat much :cowboy_hat_face:. But it’s an acquired heat. I built up a tolerance to iocaine peppers (Er…Serrano) over the years. Except for the secondary effects. I used to roast them on the open flame of my stove top. Basically had the same effect as tear gas. Trust me, was exposed to it a few times (both the tear gas and the Serrano pepper fumes). Also discovered that you can wash your hands for 30 minutes in warm soapy water and still not stop the burning. And the other thing, yep, definitely do your business before touching the peppers. Because if you forget, just one time, you will never forget it again. As memorable as touching an electric barbed wire fence (my stupid uncle James. Electrified his barbed wire fence. Really? I always though it was either or, not both.)

(Consensus is Politics) #11

Well, I didn’t have that mental image. But now it’s stuck in my brain.

(Candy Lind) #12

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: