Jalapeño, Cheese & Bacon muffins

(MooBoom) #1

Makes 20 muffins

Full disclosure- I kind of just threw this together and didn’t exactly weigh everything, so the quantities provided are kind of a guestimation. The recipe is super forgiving though, if you know your way around keto baking you should be fine.

INGREDIENTS (dry)
1 cup almond Meal
1 tbs Baking Powder
1/2 cup Coconut flour
1 tsp garlic powder
1tsp onion powder

INGREDIENTS (core)
3 fresh Jalapeno chillies roughly chopped
700g middle bacon rashers (trimmed of rind)
250g sharp tasty/cheddar cheese, roughly grated

INGREDIENTS (wet)
50g sour cream (full fat)
3/4 cup greek yoghurt (full fat)
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 large eggs

METHOD

1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
  2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
  3. Prep your core ingredients (grate cheese, slice jalapeno’s, dice bacon and pan fry until rendered and crispy. Drain bacon and set aside- keep your bacon nectar for cooking something else another time).
  4. Whisk wet ingredients together well.
  5. Add core ingredients to mixing bowl and roughly combine, then add wet ingredients and fold well. If the mixture is too runny add a little more almond meal. If the mixture is too dry, add a little more almond milk. The mixture should be moist and thick (like pikelet mixture).
  6. Grease 2x 12 muffin silicone tray with olive oil spray.
  7. Using an ice cream scoop, place one scoop of muffin mix in each muffin hole. You should have enough mixture for 20 muffins. Do not overfill the muffin holes, the mixture does rise a little.
  8. Bake at 180C for 25-35 mins. Muffins are cooked when they are baked golden and spring back when pressed lightly in the centre.

Macros per serve (makes 20 serves):

Protein: 14.2g
Fat: 12.5g
Carbs (net): 2.6g
Fibre: 3g

(Paul H) #2

LOL… I am sorry but, I gotta laugh at this… It looks so good and I have most of the ingredients but, I would wanna eat the whole plate. I need a keto girl friend to help with all the work into making, portioning and freezing, with an occasional slap on the hands. I have a lot more to say on this issue but, not here! These look amazing!! Somehow I will get there…

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #3

My thought exactly!

(MooBoom) #4

They are very dense and satisfying, not binge eating friendly (though they are delicious). I can only eat 2 in one sitting at most! So don’t be scared about eating the whole plate- they freeze and thaw well if that’s a major concern :blush:

(Bunny) #5

Mmmm that looks fabulous!

(Troy) #6

Nice
Those look tasty!
Reminded of the 3-4 baskets of red lobster cheddar biscuits I would eat😓…memories

Yours look 10x better no doubt
Thanks for sharing

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7

:joy::joy::rofl: yes, they kind of are the most memorable thing at Red Lobster! :lobster: Almost worth going just to pig out on em! (Not now of course) :cowboy_hat_face:

(Troy) #8

IKR?
Unlimited …
Let’s go!! Lol
Dipped in the lobster Alfredo sauce or the scampi butter sauce too😩

Btw…they sell the above at Sams club.
Pre-packaged JUNK…cheddar bay biscuit red lobster mix

(Full Metal KETO AF) #9

Already guilty, February 12, 2019. Going home dinner in Florida with my friend before returning to California, epic fail! Most untriumhpant dude…:grin:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(Troy) #10

:rofl: