It's like I'm an addict

LOL I get you. I am not a fondant icing person either :slight_smile: If it is super untempting than that sure helps!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #43

Wow I totally get it. Three years ago I “attempted the keto lifestyle”. I did no research and was abusing it and treating it as a crash diet. Yes I lost weight, up to 1kg a day and I became very underweight but then i stopped and ate every carb I could find. I had put myself into starvation mode and gained it all back then some. Now three years later I thought “I’ve had enough of going up and down like a yoyo with my weight and health”. I don’t starve myself now and like you, I was addicted to carbs and sugar. I’ve just completed day 15 and i don’t crave them at all. My partner is not on keto and I cook for them so there are carbs and Lollys in the house but I find I don’t even look at them. My partner wanted macdonalds today and I went in there and strangely didn’t feel tempted at all. Congrats on starting keto again. This is a lovely forum. You got this. The cravings will pass :heart::heart::heart:

(Susan) #44

That is great, Aimee=). I am so pleased for you.

You can order a lettuce bun burger or bunless burger at McDonald’s too though, if you want =). I do that at Wendy’s when we go for our concert nights -I get 2 lettuce burgers, with no condiments =).

(Hoteski) #45

Day 20 on keto. Lost more weight. Down to 14st 5lp so close to the 13st something I can almost taste it.

Other than last weekend I had a couple of things that where not really keto but very minute amounts of it I’ve managed to stick to the diet and adapt it to my taste buds. Trying more fish and even bought prawns today. Will have those later in the week.

I’ve had dark chocolate and that doesn’t seem to be affecting me.

Feeling good
Next step is to incorporate regular exercise

Congrats on your day 20 milestone!

In my first few months I spent a lot of time on bread and pasta substitutes and always found them wanting. When I finally let them go things got easier. I applaud your quick move in that direction, especially with a non-ketoer in the house.

(Hoteski) #47

14st 4lp today. Day 21

I’m debating if I should have some dinner or just leave it and see if those scales will move down again tomorrow.

If I do eat it will only be something small like a fried egg or something equally small as not really starving. But I am a little hungry

(Hoteski) #48

14st 3lp today day 24

I’ve been lazy with my food this week in the sense that I can’t be bothered to cook as I’m just too busy with work. So I’ve had half a tub of organic humus about 100g and some sliced ham or turkey or both and oak smoked cheese. Total net carbs 6g

I would also have some velvet dark chocolate in the evening as a treat. Usually a quarter of a bar which comes too total net carbs 5g approx. Sometimes I’ll have a half a bar which is 10g net carbs
To my total consumption of carbs has been approx 11-16g carbs a day.

The sheer lack of food allows me to have the humus and as it’s loaded with olive oil and I’m eating it with protein I just don’t feel hungry.

I was used to omad before so it’s been pretty easy for me to go back to that. I would normally only eat once or twice a day anyway even when I wasn’t watching my diet. Never been a morning person and breakfast has always been a struggle.

Anyways I’m encouraged by being only 4lp away from being 13st something so it’s pretty easy to stay focused as that’s my current goal. Just get to 13st anything and I’ll be pretty happy with that.

That is what I did when I start 2 years ago at 17st… I just focused on getting too the next stone down. I couldn’t have done it otherwise as loosing 6st felt overwhelmingly high but to just get down to the next bracket whilst still a challenge was achievable. I took a year off stright diet, I’ve set my self a goal to loose the other half of the weight I want to loose this year. I don’t care when it happens this year, only that it happens. So right now it’s just about reaching the 13st anything range.