Issues with MCT oil

I finally got my amazon order for Bulletproof Brain Octane MCT oil.

Over the past few days, I’ve had TERRIBLE stomach aches, to the point where I had to go home from work because it was so bad. I also had a tummy ache yesterday, and this morning, half way through by bullet proof tea (I don’t drink coffee) I’ve been hit again with this awful stomach ache.

The only thing that has changed is me adding MCT oil to my diet. 1Tbs in my tea in the morning, and I kind of feel like I’m dying.

Has anyone else experienced this stomach issue?! What do I do? Give up altogether, or start with a lower dose and work my way up?

(Allie) #2

Always start with a teaspoon until you’re used to it, it’s powerful stuff…

(LeeAnn Brooks) #3

Yes. Go easy until you get used to it.

Yep, I though I had a virus, it was that bad. Funny enough I could use it for a day or two then wham!
I might eventually get up the courage to start at a teaspoon to see how it works out but really, I don’t want to be far from a bathroom before trying it again.
Good luck with it.

Phew, thanks guys! I thought there was something wrong with me. LOL. I’ll definitely reduce the amount and work my way up slowly.

(Allan L) #6

MCT can be very dangerous, cramps, explosions etc. I also discovered this fact whilst at a clients office one afternoon. Had to end the meeting and speed home… used with caution now.

The powder is a lot safer, not had a bad experience with it as yet.

please don’t buy Bulletproof brand, its over priced and asprey is a lying scammer. he lies about coffee being contaminated by mycotoxin (its proven. please don’t label this as ad hominem)

this is the best way to get mct into you, much more tolerable and you don’t need a blender to get it to mix/emulsify

there are quite a few powders available now, this one is usually the best value, and is recommended by Dom d augostino

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #8

I made my first BPC with 45g of MCT Oil.
Let’s just say I was in the bathroom less than 2 hours later regretting my choices lol.
I cut down to 15g for a week, then upped to 30, and am now comfortably consuming 45g without the repercussions lol.
I think it’s something you really need to experiment with.
My stomach feels fine now at that amount.