Is this fasting related or anxiety due to an impending divorce?

anxiety

(Amanda) #1

I’ve been following a keto lifestyle for nearly two years now (May 3rd, will be the big day!). Over the past year, I have done mainly OMAD with a longer fast (between 72-100h) about once a month. There is no schedule, just whenever the mood strikes and I’m not hungry, I don’t eat. ETA: I’ve lost about 80lbs so far with about 100 to go.

On Thursday my wife of nearly 12 years told me that she has a lawyer and wants a divorce. I was not completely blindsided but I was certainly taken off guard. I thought we were heading that way, I just didn’t know she was at that point yet.

I wasn’t hungry for supper that night, I just had a slice of Cinnamon Loaf (keto connect bread recipe with added monk fruit and spices) to celebrate my Mom’s birthday (we are all self-isolating together). I haven’t eaten since then. Wach morning I’ve had a coffee with about a tbs of coconut oil blended in, around 2 more cups of black coffee throughout the day and about 4, 24 oz bottles of water.

I am still not feeling hungry, I thought I was last night, but it passed, I think it was just late-night munchies.

I am getting periods of feeling all red and fuzzy for lack of a better description like I just ran up a steep hill. My face flushes, my arms tingle and I feel tight/heavy around the chest. I’m using deep breathing to help the moments pass, but I was wondering if this is a fasting issue and I should eat something, or just chalk it up to stress and carry on.

Thanks for any advice.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

I’m sorry about the troubles at home Amanda. Myself, when something like that is going on I literally can’t eat. It has no appeal to me. I think you’re dealing with a lot of mixed signals, emotional and physical. You might be hungry with no appetite and that could make you feel strange. I hope things are easier for you soon. If you keep feeling off I would eat a bit and see if you feel better. Good luck. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Susan) #3

Big Hugs, Amanda! I am so sorry for you that your marriage of almost 12 years is dissolving, for sure that is going to cause you much anxiety and stress =(. Congrats on your almost 2 years on Keto; that is fantastic. Congrats on the 80 pound loss so far and all the best wishes for the remaining 100. I can SO relate to this --I have another 96 to go myself. You can do this =).

Perhaps atm with this stress of the impending divorce along with the anxiety everyone is facing with the Self-Isolating that we are all experiencing right now, you could try just to do Intermittent Fasting of TMAD instead of total Fasting and see if that will help for now? I just finished a 100 hour fast personally and I felt really weird during it this time around; with being really cold and way more grouchy then I usually am during fasting. A lot of people seem to be having more issues Fasting atm then they do normally. Our fasting threads have had a lot less posts on them the past few weeks then they normally do, by example.

I wish you the best during all of this turmoil in your life, big hugs =).

(Amanda) #4

Well the upside is that I don’t think I’m using food as an emotional crutch anymore…

(Susan) #5

That is really good – I wish you the best during all of this stress --and big success for the rest of the 100 pounds =).

(Amanda) #6

Thanks

(Susan) #7

Maybe a Fasting Protocol like this that Dr. Jason Fung puts his IDM patients on would be a bit easier to follow?

IDM%20Protocol%20-%20Copy

I was doing this for Nov, Jan and Feb and I am planning to go back to it soon as well.

(Amanda) #8

That is really interesting. Thanks for sharing. :grin:

I read the Obesity code a while ago, but it was an ebook and I didn’t make notes. I want to get a RL copy and note it up!!

(Susan) #9

You are welcome, I hope that it might be a good solution =).