Is there anyone out there with ways of enjoying marmite?

Marmite for B vitamins, how does one take it?

Is there anyone out there with ways of enjoying marmite? I really want to acquire the taste for its B Vitamins and I can’t stand the smell yet I know people that really love it.

(ianrobo) #2

I am a confirmed marmite hater and when you look at the ingredient list I do ask why you would want to eat such a fake food ?

especially when egg, meat and fish give you most of what you need anyway

(Simon Saunders) #3

Love Vegemite which is pretty much the same as Marmite, i make myself the following recipe i created.

Easy Low Carb Microwaved Almond Bread

• 2 eggs
• 30ml cream
• 2 TBL almond meal
• 1 ½ TBL Butter melted
• ½ tsp baking powder

Directions
In square 4 x 6 glass pyrix dish
Add eggs, cream, melted butter and mix with fork
Add almond meal, baking powder and mix in with fork
Put in microwave 4min
Then use spatula and fry on frying pan use as toast or grilled sandwich maker.

Spread butter then add Vegemite/Marmite, if your a newbie start with small amounts of Vegemite/Marmite to develop a taste.

Enjoy!! :slight_smile:

Thanks for that info. I had no idea it had all those fake ingredients. A quick google search didn’t mention. I should be more careful next time.

Sorry I think I replied in the wrong post. Trying to find my way round, I’m new to forums. :grinning:

(Simon Saunders) #6

People also like beer and to make marmite it just takes three simple steps, to produce and is from the same yeast that is used in beer, so in short not really fake and the why is it tastes awesome :slight_smile:

That’s what I thought but now I’m totally confused

(ianrobo) #8

ha ha forget the taste one but the ingredient list is fake and whilst carbs not an issue I do ask if on a Keto diet why you need to eat it for Vitamin B which is what the OP said ?

(Simon Saunders) #9

You right with one of the parts of the question, i answered the other part, quoted above, see we are a team @ianrobo :smile:

(Luke Jeffery) #10

No fake ingredients there: they’re all VITAMINS! except yeast and vegetable extract and I wouldn’t either of those fake.

I love marmite but eat it less now because bread is off the menu. When I do have it, I mix it well with butter and spread it on slices of cheese. Yum!

(Peter minahan) #11

There are no fake ingredients in marmite they are based in burton on Trent in England right next the the beer brewery’s .
I used to enjoy it on toast and on crumpets but of course that’s now a no no.
But I do occasionally have a spoonful of it in boiling water as a “beefy drink”.
But let me just say vegimite and marmite are in no way a simelar taste . I tried some and wasn’t impressed!

(ianrobo) #12

should note I said fake food, in that you don;t have a marmite running around eating grass or a marmite growing in your garden.

It is purely a mismatch of ingredients, as stated a run over from brewing then to pretend it has benefits stick some vitamins to pretend it is healthy.

Whilst it is of course not damaging to us on Keto it is something none of us need to have for vitamins either.

Then just becomes a taste thing.

(Luke Jeffery) #13

I appreciate you making that clearer. It’s a much tastier way of getting vitamins than a supplement though (I’m sure there is not a high% of your RDA either).

I like it because it’s the most savory flavour you can get, IMO. Although I get the haters- my dad is one.

(jketoscribe) #14

I use nutritional yeast as a flavor enhancer because I’m trying to get away from dairy. It adds that umami flavoring. I add it where you might otherwise use cheese and use it to make non-dairy “cheese”.

(Jacquie) #15

I use it, too. Love it as a sub for grated Parm on salads with baby greens and avocado.

(Richard Morris) #16

I love a little smear of vegemite on a roasted nori flake with crumbed butter (using a fork to scarify the butter and made crumbles)

so good

(Larry Lustig) #17

I find the taste can be substantially improved by mixing it with equal parts gasoline and cow feces.

Not a fan.

(Simon Saunders) #18

Yum Yum Yum, it tastes awesome :slight_smile:

(Larry Lustig) #19

I’m on the phone with child protective services right now!

(Simon Saunders) #20

haha :stuck_out_tongue: