Is there anyone out there with ways of enjoying marmite?

(suzanna) #21

I love it ! Vegemite over marmite for sure… got hooked in Australia eating daily on very heavily buttered toast. I kind of forgot about it when I gave up toast over 15 years ago (gluten allergy) I’m now planning to buy some and make some oppsie bread to spread it on.

I a big fan of mixing Vegemite (or Marmite if you must) with butter for taste reasons. It looks like shit but it’s tasty as a spread or food additive.

(Richard Morris) #23

:musical_note: … it puts a rose in every cheek

(Richard Morris) #24

it’s good on a slice of buttered cheese

(Anne Zwarycz) #25

They are not sticking the vitamins in. They are naturally there! It’s like nutritional yeast! It’s good for you!

(Rich) #26

Looking at the marmite ingredients how can this be ok on keto because it contains wheat, barley, rye and oats?

Eaten in small amounts (as it typically is) marmite is low carb. Some people choose to eliminate all grains & some take an if-it-fits-your-macros approach.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #28

I just tried this, I like it!

I like it in my savoury porridge - oats. just add the spoon, not that keto but tasty.

(Running from stupidity) #30

Just spread it on cheese. Simple and awesome.

Well, Vegemite is, anyway. Can’t speak for the vastly inferior Marmite.

(Ross) #31

Hi, first post here.
Approx 6 Months on keto without vegemite.
Had a craving that wouldn’t quit.
Decided to try Vegemite and Cheese San Choy Bao style.
Mixed butter and vegemite about 4 parts butter to 1 part vegemite. Then spread the mixture on lettuce and sprinkle with shredded tasty cheese.

Ahhh, that’s better.

Nice one - the only thing that can improve the butter/Vegemite/cheese combo is a nice crispy lettuce :yum: