Is there a good 7-day meal plan you could recommend for those starting out?

(Bansaw) #1

Portion sizes, net carb count.
Looking for 7-day meal plan, breakfast , lunch , dinner.

(George) #2

Just keep your carbs under 20 and you’re fine. Don’t purchase a meal plan, totally not necessary.

If you want to eat three meals a day, then keep it simple, for example.

Breakfast: 3-4 egg scramble with spinach cooked in butter, with 3 or 4 slices of bacon, half an avocado
Lunch: 1/4 of a pound of ground beef cooked in some olive oil, mixed with some good cheese (not the fake stuff or preshredded with potato starch as a preservative), side of brussel sprouts also cooked in olive oil
Dinner: Fatty ribeye steak cooked in butter, side of bacon wrapped asparagus drizzled with olive oil, half an avocado

Eat that for a week, I was doing something similar when I was still eating 3x day and it worked.

As far as portion sizes, just stop when you feel yourself get full.

(Paul H) #3

I need re evaluate my cheese selections…More to it than zero carb labels I am guessing.

That sounds like a lot of food. Yummy

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

Just follow these simple guides, worked for me. Make sure you get rid of vegetable oils and use butter, coconut oil, animal fats, olive and avocado oil instead. Those are the keto oils that you should use. :cowboy_hat_face:

(George) #5

I believe most preshredded bags have potato starch as an ingredient, so I stick to sliced cheese, or the big bricks you slice yourself.

And yeah that is, I personally would eliminate breakfast entirely since I do daily intermittent fasting, but he asked for breakfast, lunch, and dinner lol.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6

Check out the What did you keto today for food inspiration, keto can be very satisfying delicious food.

(Paul H) #7

Thanks a lot George… I just threw out 2 bags of shredded cheese! Grrr… :disappointed:

(George) #8

haha it’s okay, I threw out a few bags myself when I found out this info a few months ago (coincidentally on this forum). I cut cheese out about a month ago though, too easy for me to indulge in it lol

(Full Metal KETO AF) #9

This is to keep the shredded cheese from clumping, also the time it takes to go moldy is quicker and if you have a block with some mold you can trim it off. Never buy pre shredded cheese is my policy. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #10

@Paul28023 It won’t kill you, it’s a minimal amount! I would go ahead and eat it and not buy it again Paul. It’s not vegetable oil which is something to worry about eating, it’s just 1 carb in a serving most likely. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Paul H) #11

LOL Point. It may seem like an over reaction but, as I posted in another thread I am buckling down! Heck Carnivore is about to get a grasp on me. I am weening the cupboards even more. Quality or quantity mode.

(George) #12

I’ve been enjoying carnivore, well, mostly carnivore. My meat cravings have gone crazy and I have a new found love and appreciation for Brazilian steakhouses

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #13

Just focus on keeping net carbs under 20

(John) #14

(Roxanne) #15

Check out the 2 week challenge at dietdoctor.com

Well, I’m gonna be the rebel here and say that I eat pre-shredded cheese. As far as it going moldy faster, I buy the biggest bag Walmart has (2lbs?), and I live alone so I’m the only one eating it, and one bag lasts for weeks in my fridge without going bad.

As far as over-eating it, I’m far more likely to snack on a block of cheese than shredded. My parents nicknamed me Mouse when I was very little because they kept finding tooth marks in the block of cheese in the fridge! (My lil sister was Ducky because she would sing the Ducky Duddle lullaby all the time, and my brother was Rabbit - don’t remember why).

Anyway, my point is that shredded cheese is better than potato chips. That’s clearly my point despite this being the first time I’ve mentioned chips. Uh huh. Yup.

(KetoQ) #17

I buy a wheel of brie at Walmart every week. It runs like $4.99 and I cut it up into roughly 16 cubes, so it makes a convenient “fat bomb” when I’m feeling a bit hungry. I also pick up a small (8 oz?) wheel of gouda, which is a tasty cheese and high in vitamin K2. I’ll also eat shredded cheese when nothing else is available, its just not my priority cheese.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #18

Buttered Brie makes a great snack, if necessary. Though the best idea is to eat enough a meals, so that snacking is unnecessary. If you are eating low-carb, caloric quantity is not very relevant, because the appetite hormones, ghrelin (hunger) and leptin (satiation) are better-regulated, in the absence of high insulin.

In the first few weeks, you may find that eating to satiety leads to large meals; don’t worry, because sometime by week three, your hormones will re-regulate themselves and you will find your appetite decreasing markedly. At least, that’s the way it works for most people—if by week four you don’t find this happening to you, come back for some different advice. But under normal circumstances, calorie-counting is not really necessary, as long as you wait to eat until hungry, stop eating when no longer hungry, and don’t eat again until hungry again.

(traci simpson) #19

I got the best smoked cheddar from the farmers market!!! wow it’s amazing!

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #20

I buy shredded cheese all the time. Makes meal prep so much easier, especially coming for 5 people.