Is there a BODY keto does not work for?

newbies

(Full Metal KETO AF) #32

See, you’re already getting it right. Just keep things simple for now. That fish looks pretty great. I’ve never eaten marlin. And soy sauce is not so bad as long as you aren’t drinking it! Many people like coconut aminos in place of soy. I have never tried it. No sweet soy just shoyu type. Fish sauce is good too. You will learn to have the flavor s you like and still be doing keto food. Make fried “rice” with grated cauliflower. Have some Kalua pork. You have great seafood out on the islands and I would be taking advantage of that too. I think you’re looking great, and you’re going to reach your goals. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #33

For this way of life (WOL) this is the most significant book I have read. Thanks @Hopeoftheflame for the great Christmas gift.

(Janelle) #34

I think you’re doing great! I hate to point this out but I’m 50 and 45 is when I actually started gaining most of my weight. Before that, it was not that hard to calorie restrict and drop pounds. Then, all the sudden, I’m eating the same Standard American Diet (SAD) stuff and gaining!

Anyhow - 5 months keto and and less than 20lbs lost. Lately there have been a lot of people saying they are stalled or have lost “nothing” and then I find they are actually losing an average of 2lbs per week. Put that in perspective. In 10 months, that would be about 80lbs! I personally would be less than goal weight. Alas, it just takes some of us longer and that’s ok. We’re not gaining - and slow, steady loss is much easier on the system - and maintainable.

(Carl Keller) #35

You can preview here:

https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Obesity_Code.html?id=QxLACwAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=kp_read_button#v=onepage&q&f=false

(Frank) #36

It changed my life no BS.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #37

Changed mine as well.

(Kitty Pooh Pooh ) #38

Does anyone know of Youtube video i can watch who teaches Obesity Code. Im not a reader. I cant read the book fast enough. But when im on the treadmill i would like to use that time to watch something that can help alleviate some anxiety. Or even a Keto talk video

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #39

The Dudes produce an Obesity Code podcast, with Dr. Fung and Ms. Ramos. Not sure where to find it, but surely a little Googling will turn it up.

(Kitty Pooh Pooh ) #40

Question.
Is almond flour good, swerve and Coconut Flour good?
((((If I’m trying to lose weight))))
I didn’t know what to eat today, confused. I didnt have a slab of meat. Because at day 1 journey for Keto i brought this Keto Book and ingredients So this is whats in my kitchen. Hear lately i have heard the words" Dirty Keto " and “some keto recipes can slow your progress to fat adapted”.
I opened the Obesity book a little in the store and the page that opened was egg, bacon and a green apple. I refused to not jump around and skip pages…so ive started at the beginning. .I really have to set limits and structure and follow by the book. (haha) But seriously. My head hurts.
I wish their was a dog down version for all this
Not lazy. Just want to know so bad if im on the right track. Pretty soon the people with tight white jacket with buckles is coming to wisk me away :exploding_head:
So here i choose to make this blueberry a meal and not a treat. So i put it mold instead of a mug. This why I am eating half. 3 tbs al.flour ,1tbs coconut flour… 1 tsp confectioners swerve.
So far when i eat this i still show i am in ketosis

My question is. Is these ingredients preventing me from losing weight becuase my body thinks its still getting sugar?

(Bunny) #41

Everybody is different as we all know but this might work (might?):

When ever you encounter a stall plateau; ramp up the food intake with your healthy keto foods, you must trick that leptin signaling and say “…hey metabolism I’m not trying to starve you, what are you talking about? I’m innocent :innocent:! …”

You have to be honest with yourself about being hungry, if your hungry eat?

The more you deny your metabolism food, it will go in the polar opposite direction and hold onto the body fat?

The more you purposely deny yourself food to satiation the slower the metabolism becomes (it remembers and has its own memory independent of the brain) and starts creating hard to break set points (weight loss stalls) each time (no joke).

Try it and see if it works, let us know in a future post?

This is not permanent solution; it is just to get you over the hill and through the woods to grandmothers house (getting past that stall)?

(Frank) #42

It just looks like to me that you’re just trying to recreate foods from your pre keto life. I challenge you to ditch the food or copy keto food which brought you to this point in the first place.

(b9b714e271076ca269b8) #43

So ive figured out how to reset Cronometer to read 3 Meals.
I want to aim to eat bigger meals then instead of 3 meals and sometimes a snack in the middle like almonds. Or cheese slice.
So maybe i focus on meals enough to satiate
(As they call it). It might look like im eating more??? And i will figure out when i am really full
Or figure out when I am really hungry. :+1:

(b9b714e271076ca269b8) #44

I have not done Keto up until when i started 5 weeks ago. I bought this book for myslef right before Christmas thinking i would start on January 1st. Turned out i physically or mentally couldnt do it till 22nd. We had spent our holidays in Vegas. (Was so hard. But alone with this book and accumulating youtube videos) She was a girl from Instagram. I started following her because she is the same height as me. I dont like to follow people who are newly Divorce, getting married or trying to lose the weight they gained from pregnancy. Because their’s is just a temporary agenda i feel. But she came to Hawaii although I didn’t get to meet her. I talked with her on the phome
She was saying that even on vacation here. She found things to keep her on track. If i knew she was gonna to write a book… i would have made my way to meet her in person…At the time i was back on Medifast aka Optavia which was 800 to 1000 calories a day and its complete opposite of Keto.
Low low fat , high protein and the carbs are in their 5 packaged foods and a 3 cup salad i got daily. No fruit. Not even strawberries. This picture of the muffin. I just wanted to know what you guys think. Is this dirty keto? Lazy keto or is it okay? It used almond flour. Big difference from what you folks have mentioned these past few days. But I’m not clear on this (almond flour, coconut flour , swerve) are these things im suppose to do on occasion or can it be taken in daily (daily if it fits within my macros) or when Im fat adapted? Or not at all… ? Can I have my keto cake and eat it too???
i know i gotta change. Can kick a real dont craving for a fake one filled with what might be rat poisoning… im just trying to take the edge off. Ive made big baby steps thus far. I know i have.

I found out about swerve from her book.
Other then that i have not heard of this.

I had stopped drinking diet soda for over a year now. Should i give up these fake sugar too for cooking? Am i crazy to watch these people on YouTube BAKING ON KETO? Is it a farce?

I’m newly Social Sober from facebook and IG since three days before Thanksgiving. Just cold turkey after posting everyday of my journey…What does this have to do with anything?? I really was over whelmed with before and after pics and the do it this way and not that way. This diet, that diet. Keto, IF, Vegan, Whole30, Bone Broth craze… I just wanted to give Keto a shot. After getting this far on my own and finding a site where peoples title’s were exactly words right out of my mouth. Im kinda not looking anywhere else… and appreciate everyones in put.

P.s. tonight after 3 miles on treadmill was followed by some Ribeye and Shrimp i made at home. I have been trying so hard to pull this heavy or depressing feeling off of me. Today working out reminded me. You feel like crap now on the couch. But just get dress and go. Cant get any worse…

(PSackmann) #45

Kitty, take a deep breath, this doesn’t have to be complicated. Each of our body’s react differently to different foods, so while your body may be fine with Swerve, mine might not be. Thus the recommendation to stay simple the first few months, as our bodies heal internally and re-learn things like satiety.

Juice has posted a short version of Simple Keto that you should read through (I hope this works. it’s my first time posting a link) https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/keto-is-this-easy/76205

Read through this and keep it in mind. No need for slabs of meat or special baking ingredients at first, get back to basics and enjoy. Read through the Newbies section here, especially the Tips From the Oldtimers. You’ll find a lot of answers to your questions as well as a lot of sage advice. And KCKO

(Running from stupidity) #46

Worked a treat.

And I must say, it’s BRILLIANT read.

(PSackmann) #47

That it is, that it is. It has certainly helped me out.

(Bunny) #48

BTW: Although insulin may store fat and ghrelin attenuates the hunger signal etc. yada yada yada… it is leptin (satiation signal) that calls the shots on whether or not actual body fat is going to be burned, too much focus on the fat storage part not the real McCoy bad boy that actually calls (decides) the fat burning shots! Mr. Leptin can bring your fat burning processes to a grinding halt if he thinks he’s starving to death?

E.g. Ramp up food intake, keep it steady and slowly ramp back down let the metabolism adjust then ramp back up (if you stall again), don’t let your metabolic set point go into reverse (metabolism gets even slower every time you don’t ramp up) etc…

Preventing the storage of body fat is one thing but it is quite another thing when it comes to burning pre-existing body fat?

(Cary) #49

Amazing book!

(b9b714e271076ca269b8) #50

Make sense.

(b9b714e271076ca269b8) #51

Thank you. Checking it out