Is Keto food hurting my non- keto Husband?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #21

Hey Tara, probably not much I can add.
But I’m just curious, you said you were overweight, but with Keto you have lost the extra weight and doing great now… And judging by your avatar, your not kidding ! You look great ! Congrats :slightly_smiling_face:
Now you said your husband never bothered you about your extra weight, and that’s great that he apparently saw you for more than your body, but surely he thinks your new healthier body is a bonus, right ? I mean I would.
And personally speaking, I think I’d be more inclined to do something for my own health, if my woman had taken the first step… In fact, more like the first 100 miles !
Anyway, you know your husband better than any of us, but I think you have every reason and right to discuss a healthier diet with your husband. You earned that right !

(Carl Keller) #22

One of my favorite quotes of recent:

Don’t blame the butter for what the bread did.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #23

I agree with @Alecmcq about him eating healthier by eating on your coat tails. If it’s a choice between your keto curry plus some rice or a frozen pizza, he’s already eating better. Yeah, he’s dumping sugar on your pancakes but would he be eating a bunch of donuts if that wasn’t available? If he’s not eating healthier then it’s washing out in the end anyway. (Your diet plus carbs vs SAD)

Eating is highly personal. Imagine if he told you that he is angry with you for not sharing ice cream with him, or going out and having sweet treats on a date. You’d be pretty insulted. It’s the same for him. He’s going to have to come to this in his own time while you set an awesome example. The more we nag, the more folks tend to avoid us. That’s human nature. I have a close family member who drinks too much but he’s not stopping because I am sober and think he should.

(Consensus is Politics) #24

I agree with you with a caveat, …unless the person is diabetic or pre diabetic. It is so easy to reverse diabetes simply be removing carbohydrates from the equation. After prediabetes threshold is reached, its a slippery slope unless measures are taken to correct it. Eating 5 meals a day, or snacks between meals are also to blame. Just takes getting hit by a street car named diabetes to get you to look both ways before crossing the street… …KEEEYTOOOOOOO!