Is it Possible for this WOE not to work on a heavy Meat Eater?

Its an option but he is very traditional and is used to having some type of green. It takes awhile on this WOE to think in terms of fiber or plant foods to be irrelevant and potential quicksand. Most people automatically think the mediterranian or DASH diet is the healthiest. “Everyone” in the media agrees that grilled chicken or fish without added oils and a side salad are perfect, the only debate is whether you should have a whole grain to go with it. Our WOE is a radical departure from what most people consider healthy and it takes time to come around.

Plus I need to make a vegetable for the kids and Husband tends to eat what he sees unless he knows its pure carb. For example when the other kids get home in a few weeks I will make a separate carb side dish and he will not touch that. Honestly unless its chocolate, carbs are not really that appealing to him, he would much rather have a steak

(Barbara Greenwood) #22

That really resonates with me - I’ve been keto for a year, but husband is not interested. He eats the keto meals I cook - sometimes with extra carbs - but then supplements with crisps, biscuits and sweets.

I do feel guilty that he is having extra fat because I’ve changed my style of cooking, and we know that fat + carbs is a bad combination. But having said that - he’s an adult who can make his own decisions, I have (without nagging) dropped in enough information for him to make a choice, and he has in any case lost some weight (though not as much as me).

At the end of the day - I know how much I have always resented and rebelled against the people who have nagged me about my weight and/or pressured me to change what I eat. So I won’t do it to him. I just hope that when he sees the weight is staying off this time, he will eventually reconsider.

(Dude Man) #23

There are Fantastic ideas here. If you want to be sure though just take fat and coffee for five days. That will clear up any confusion.

(Cathrine Helle) #24

Thank you, I’ll be sure to add it to my list :slight_smile:

(Mike W.) #25

Huh?

(James storie) #26

When it comes to zero carb (no plants or plant products whatsoever, only food from the animal kingdom) many people initially gain weight for a period of time before the weight naturally falls off. Why this happens? I don’t know. It could be the body is using the extra protein to build neglected muscle and tissue. Or, it could just take a little while for the body to trust the process and release the fat stores. I think you should really check out some of the zero carb threads.

(Jason Fletcher) #27

The amino acids in protein will cause insulin to rise. The impact depends on a number of factors like insulin resistance and the type of amino acids and the amount and when taken. This will lower ketone levels but will not directly cause weight gain or cause it to stall. Excessive protein may cause other potential heath problems. But on the list of priority to cut it is lower on the list. Carbs is the priority. If he was only to eat lean meat with no carbs he would loose a lot of weight. Fatty meats he could stall at some point but i am sure if his body fat % was high he would drop a lot before he would have to cut back plus since he is eating fat he should potentially feel less hungry and less tempted to eat carbs and require less will power. Protein is blamed a lot for weight stall because of its affects to lower Ketones. So you can still eat a lot of protein and loose weight and increase insulin sensitivity. The Adkins diet was based on that WOE at one point now i believe they have shifted over to more fat.

Update:

He has lost 15 lbs, he is sticking to the diet! I am not sure he is fully fat adapted, we were traveling and skipped dinner Thursday night and he was eating the macadamias in the car but he is not committed to 2 meals a day or fewer the way I am. So skipping a meal would be more of a problem. I also think fasting really helps retrain you in terms of meals and that he is not willing to do.

You can see that his shirts are looser which is nice although he still has a way to go. He also did not eat anything on the trip that I would not eat and while on the road when we ate a double quarter at the golden arches, I was the one who considered getting another one, not him. Previously he could have easily eaten 2 including the buns and fries! So huge progress. I stopped buying berries because I thought I was getting an attack of gout (first ever) about two weeks ago, may have been the shoes. I think not eating thems helps too

So he has lost 25 lbs! Yay!

We had a social dinner made by someone who is an amazing cook.
He told me ahead of time he was going to cheat. Went right back to keto after that

(Doug) #30

Good deal, Saphire. Making progress. :slightly_smiling_face: