Interested in fasting

Ive been on carnivore for almost two weeks now and I’m assuming I’m not fat adapted yet. I am interested in fasting but I’ve been advised to wait until I’m fat adapted (whenever that it) so I don’t know when I should start. I tried fasting on a carb diet with just and couldn’t make it past 24 hours lol. I feel a lot different on a carnivore diet and way less hungry then I did on a carb diet. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the best way to start out with a water fast ? If not a water fast what other options for a noob who wants to try a fast like me? Any suggestions for how long I should fast for? I think it’s amazing when I hear people doing a five day water fast that sounds rough.

(Allie) #2

You only need to wait until you can go long amounts of time without hunger then just gradually build up from there.

(Raj Seth) #3

What Shortstuff said!

(Robert C) #4

Just my opinion but, I think 5-day fasts are okay anytime.
Fat-adapted or not, your body will start using fat for fuel in the later days of the fast (it might just take a little longer the less fat-adapted you are).

For intermittent fasting, I think being fat-adapted is much more important. If you are fat-adapted then anytime you skip a meal - the body just uses some belly fat (good thing!). But, if not yet fat-adapted, the body may instead perceive calorie restriction and slow down.

For a “water only” fast that long, you will need salts.
Linked below is a recipe for a not-so-bad tasting salt mix (if you add a little cayenne pepper!).
This guy if funny but - lots of “Adult” words - his goal is to shock and “keep it real”.

(KCKO, KCFO) #5

Try time restricted eating windows. You can do that on any diet. Google Dr. Satchin Panda he promotes the TREW concept and has done a lot of research into it. You can start with 14:10 protocol and work towards a shorted window from there.

Good luck sorting it all out.