Instant Pot Recipes Please!

(Jacquie) #21

Thanks for this suggestion. Love nomnompaleo! :grinning:

Have you tried looking on Slickdeals.net? I use it all the time to find sales - and if they donā€™t have any current deals, you can set up Deal Alerts to notify you when a deal is posted matching your criteria. I waited patiently for InstantPot deals and snagged one on Thanksgiving Day.

It is a crock pot on steroids with lots of additional features. You can use it to brown meats before cooking (fast with pressure or slow like a crock) and it can keep food warm for long periods. Admittedly it is rather bulky, but its amazing - one of the best purchases I have made in a long time. On-line searches will yield tons of recipes and ideas.

(Jacquie) #24

@Jonesy. Iā€™m in Canada. Wish all these sites were international. :wink:

(Alix Hayden) #25

Ditto!

(Jacquie) #26

I know. I read your blog. :slight_smile:

(jketoscribe) #27

I like the 7-in-1 Duo. I had the 6-in-1 Lux for a few years and it was great, but I love the yogurt function on the Duo because I make coconut yogurt once or twice a week. The Duo has a low pressure setting Iā€™ve never used, but some nice features like fins that allow you to prop up the hot lid. The 6 qt is more than adequate for my family if 4.

(Alix Hayden) #28

Well, thanks for reading! I think youā€™re one of a very select group :slight_smile:

For anyone considering getting an instant pot hereā€™s what a chicken cooked in it looks likeā€¦

This was rubbed with some Paprika, thyme ,salt and pepper mixed with some oil.
SautƩed a little before pressure cooking for 25 mins. Moist, juicy, fall off the bone. Delish.

(I like to post memes!) #30

The power of the Instant Pot is hard boiled eggs in 6 minutes! Put a little water in the bottom, add the grate and fill it up with eggs. Do not vent until the end of 6 minutes. Then plunge into an ice water bath to cool. Go ahead and peel them with a spoon to make it easy on yourself!

You can dump just about any meat or poultry into it, add the keto seasonings or sauces of your choice and turn it on. Iā€™ve never had a bad meal out of it!

Some of my family favorites:
Boneless chicken thighs with sugar-free bbq sauce and buffalo sauce
Boneless chicken breasts with a jar of Trader Joeā€™s green chile salsa.
Mississippi Roast - a chuck roast with a packet of Ranch dressing mix, packet of brown gravy mix and a jar of pepperoncinis

(momzbusy2012) #31

I tried this recipe tonight and it was soooo good! The only thing I would do different is possibly use 4 cups of riced cauliflower rather than the florets. The sauce was a tad to thin and I think more would thicken in up a bit.

(cindyshocklee) #32

Thanks for the ideas! I have been searching for days for some inspiration. Did chili but so carby even without beans. Most things I find have lots of carbs or boneless skinless chicken breast.

(ketohealthclub) #33

What does the lux do?

(Keto Krazy) #34

I just bought an Instant Pot for Christmas so I am grateful for this thread! I will be following along & Iā€™m looking forward to advice from you pros! I canā€™t contribute a recipe because I havenā€™t unpacked it yet, but love what I see so far! :fork_and_knife:

(ketohealthclub) #35

Ive heard you can put frozen meat into it. Do you find you still get a good meal if the meat was frozen?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #36

Was just wondering the same thingā€¦bought a bunch of soup bones (6lbs worth) from my farmer this morning, and wondering if I should thaw them before making broth.

(I like to post memes!) #37

Here ya go! Hip Pressure Cooking is all about the instant pot!
How to pressure cook frozen meat

(mwall) #38

That was my error! Sorry!! I use the DUO60. Hereā€™s a link to the siteā€™s model comparison.

(ketohealthclub) #39

Answered my own question- the Duo does more than the Lux. I look look forward to making Greek yogurt!

(ketohealthclub) #40

We got the Duo! It arrives today.