Instant Pot in Australia and New Zealand

For those in the southern hemisphere (specifically Australia and New Zealand) who after an Instant Pot you probably have seen that they haven’t been released here yet. :persevere:
Never fear fellow antipodeans!

I ordered one from Amazon.co.uk on black Friday and got a great deal.
A 7-in-1 Duo for £58 and with £48 shipping to New Zealand. It worked out to just over $200 NZD all up.
A similar pressure cooker from Harvey Norman or Noel Leeming is $300 - $380 dollars at the moment, and I haven’t found any without aTeflon lining either, so getting a good deal on Amazon made it worthwhile for me to buy from the UK.

Just thought I’d put this here incase anyone else is tempted to get one, it’s a fab piece of equipment for the keto lifestyle.

(If you are in Australia or New Zealand just be sure not to order from Amazon.com as the American Instant Pots are 110 volts and won’t work for us!
Be sure to order a UK 240v version. You will need to replace the plug/or kettle lead with one for your plug type.

Fissler v Silit v All-Clad Pressure Cooker

After to listening to the WLS podcast I thought that @LouiseReynolds (and @richard) might like to see my previous post about Instant Pots for us antipodeans…

I have had mine a little while now and I just LOVE it!

If you decide to order just make sure that you order from the UK, www.amazon.co.uk as you’ll require a 240v model for Australia/New Zealand and the UK runs on the same mains voltage. (The US have a 110v power supply so US appliances will not work with our mains supply) Just be aware that you will have to change the plug as it is supplied with a power cord which has a UK plug on it. Other than the physical plug there are no other conversions necessary! It’s a great appliance I just love it!
Here’s my latest batch of homemade ‘takeout’ for nights I am not in the mood to cook! Specifically butter chicken and a low carb ragu sauce… delish!

Since I bought mine 3 friends in NZ have each bought one and 2 more friends are on the cusp of purchasing. I’ve just created a NZ Instant Potters facebook group, not strictly low carb (well it is for me…but my friends aren’t eating ketogenically… YET :wink:) so if you decide to purchase feel free to join our group!

(Louise ) #3

Ohhhh that is super awesome! Thank you so much! How did you ship it to your home address?? Did that cost an arm and leg??

Yep @LouiseReynolds the $200 NZ dollars I paid INCLUDED postage to my home address! I got a super great Black Friday deal on Amazon.

My friends bought the IP-duo (6 quart size) online from amazon.co.uk last week for $230 NZD INCLUDING all delivery costs and import duties and taxes - pretty good deal eh?!

(Louise ) #5

Ohhhh that is great deal! I have a Kogan multi-function pot, and have tried following Instant Pot recipes in it, which have worked ok. I’d much prefer to be able to use the genuine brand. I might have to wait until another sale time!

(Louise ) #6

What size did you get, by the way?

I got the IP-DUO 6 quart, it’s proving to be plenty big enough for us. Today I made another batch of butter chicken for the freezer, I got 10 portions at just under 500ml per container as the maximum fill on the pot is 5 litres to allow for headspace for whilst its cooking.

The 6 quart size can easily fit a size 22 chicken. (Approx 2.2kg)
Here’s a chicken cooked in the Instant pot, and browned in the IP before pressure cooking.
Fall off the bone meat, but not pasty looking like when a chicken is cooked in a crockpot…

Can you tell I’m loving my Instant Pot so far!?!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #8

Oh.

When you’re in Oregon and you see the words “instant pot”…

(Louise ) #9

OMG! That just looks so delicious! I went on the UK Amazon site and will have to wait for sale prices - you got such a bargain!

Keep an eye out, they’ll go on sale again. I’ll post here if I hear of a good deal!

(Alistair Windsor) #11

As far as I can tell Amazon.co.uk will no longer ship this to New Zealand. Very disappointed.

Hi @Alistair_Windsor I have just checked and it’s currently available for NZ shipping on Amazon UK… go go go! :smiley:

(Alistair Windsor) #13

Thank you. I just ordered one successfully. Very strange. I had one in my cart and everything was good to go and then when I returned a day later after confirming details it would not let me check out. This time everything went through. Unfortunately I will now beat the instant pot to New Zealand by a couple of weeks but that is fine.

Yep I’ve noticed that they are available for shipping to NZ and then next minute they’re not. Weird.

Glad you’ve got one on its way to you, the wait will definitely be worth it!

(Louise ) #15

Amazon have a sale on today for Prime members (can sign up and cancel!)

Hi Clare, I’m in Aus & would love an IP but I saw another multifunction 6litre pot with stainless steel inside & wonder if it would be ok as it is currently reduced to $129AU
What should I look for to see if it’s worth while?

http://www.kitchenwarehouse.com.au/New-Wave-The-5-in-1-Multi-Cooker-6L?utm_source=email&utm_medium=batchnblast&utm_campaign=20170908-multi-cooker&mc_cid=fceff6b4e5&mc_eid=ac90f49198

The reviews look promising from what I can see. The stainless steel pot would be far superior to any with Teflon so that’s a big plus in my opinion. It’s hard for me to make a judgment as that product isn’t available in my country so I haven’t been able to properly check it out. I would want to be sure that the sautée function/electric pot setting gets hot enough for searing. The other difference I can see is the instant pot 7in1 has the yoghurt making function. Only you can decide if that feature would be worth paying more for.
I guess if they have a good warranty or return policy that could sway your decision. The other thing to consider is that you can buy Instant Pot accessories via Amazon such as a spare sealing ring and other items such as a spare inner pot or a glass lid for slow cooking etc which you may find useful. Hope that helps!

Many thanks Clare, that’s a great help. I’ll have a think about which one will suit.
Cheers.

So gutted, can’t seem to get this shipped to Aus at all… amazon.co.uk will no longer ship here :(…
anyone else have any insight to where else might sell… ebay is also a no go as they are mostly american model or have P&P so high… i need this in my life… finding a countertop 8L pressure cooker using a stainless steel pot and not non stick is impossible

so looks like hey’ll ship the 6L but not the 8L… can you fit a large whole chicken comfortably in the 6L?