In need of help

(Emily Stout) #1

Ok so I’ve been doing keto going on my second week, and I’m doing great my ketones levels are wonderful. I’ve been eating pretty much meat, eggs, and cheese. However I know that eventually I’m going to get tired of the eggs. I l’ve stayed away from even eating veggies, expect for every once every couple of days. So if someone can help me, I’ve been reading about veggies, and they have alot of natural sugars is that something I need to be concerned about. I mean I know everyone is different. Please just give me some advice on things that I can eat, and be okay with.

(Jody) #2

ESPECIALLY in the beginning, it would be good to track your stats (Carbs, Fat, and Protein) and really one of the main ones is Carbs. There are several veggies that have more sugar then others, so if you keep your carbs below 20 (or higher depending on your body and goals), you will be fine. Cronometer is a good (free) resource to track that stuff until you have a good grasp and can eyeball it.

Each person is different and how their bodies react to foods is equally different. You could get a cheap blood glucose (even a ketone) meter and you can check you blood glucose levels after eating specific veggies to see how they impact you specifically.

As a side note, your current daily (days without the veggies that is) meals seems very much like the Carnivore diet. That is what I do.

(Emily Stout) #3

Yes that’s pretty much what I do is the Carnivore diet. It seems to be working very well. I just a little different everyone in awhile, however I don’t wanna make a mistake either. There are some many different opinions on what’s good and what’s not, it can be very confusing. Thank you for your help

Are you sure you will get tired of eggs? Very, very rarely I did that (I kind of live on eggs since ages) but when I skipped plants, it got better (short term experience but still, it was odd, my variety dropped and I still was less bored. many carnivores are better than me, they eat one or two items forever without problems). I just want to say sometimes we surprise even ourselves.

But if you get bored of eggs, don’t eat them for a while (I don’t have this option so I find different, still tempting egg dishes). Meat and cheese may work for a while. I don’t know your “bored of eggs” phases, mine never last long.

But you can eat vegetables, of course. Be careful with the amounts and then carbier vegetables may fit your macros too. I find them way tastier so I simply use a tiny amount and it’s worth it. Raw vegetables are a good idea for me as well, a little is enough and they are juicy, nice, go well with many dishes.
Green leaves are low-calorie and I dislike them so they are out for me but they may be very good options for you. Just track, plan and see how much vegetables you can afford and your carb limit will be safe.
There are many lower-calorie vegetables, one of my favs was cauliflower but I had to ban it on keto as I couldn’t eat it in moderation… You need something you like but are able to eat little of (or you consider the small amount you can fit into your diet “a lot”). Coming from carnivore or almost carnivore, it should be easier, I came from almost the opposite direction…

(Emily Stout) #5

Yes you are right, I may not get tired of eggs. Yes like you I absolutely love broccoli and cauliflower so it was hard for me to eat a small amount so I pretty much cute them out. I love to here peoples stories cause it helps me. Thank you