I'm out

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #125

@gruia The minimum daily requirement for carbohydrate—which is what fruit is—is zero grams. Zero. There are no carbohydrate deficiency diseases. There are many traditional diets in which the people ate no vegetables at all, and their health was fine—no metabolic syndrome whatsoever, which means no dental caries, no high blood pressure, no cardiovascular disease, no diabetes, no fatty liver disease, no Alzheimer’s disease, no inflammatory diseases at all.

@Bellyman You may want to get the chickens sooner, rather than later. I’ve been doing some research, and if you get a moveable coop and pen for them, you can use them to condition and fertilize the soil for you.

(Chris) #127

If that’s the case you’re all over the place.

(Carolus Holman) #128

Raw Oysters have a lot of Carbs, canned/smoked have about 5g per serving! Did not know this, thought I would share!

(Edith) #129

Pardon me for weighing in on this conversation because I don’t plan on going zero carb but I am curious about something. I understand that we can get all the nutrients we need from meat, but wouldn’t one need to eat organ meats as well as muscle meats?

Edith

@VirginiaEdie
I do. But then I like offal. And variety. :grinning:
Other people don’t.
It seems to be a choice. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Rob) #131

It would make sense to given the micronutrient profile but the alternative is to supplement with pills/powders… or suffer the subtle or not so subtle impacts of deficiencies.

(Elizabeth ) #132

Assumptions. What a carnivore or all meat eater needs may not be what a standard Dieter needs

(Brittany) #133

same here!!

(Chris) #134

Eggs just aren’t that filling…

(Empress of the Unexpected) #135

I’m just curious. Can someone point me to a ZC anti-vegetable link?

(Chris) #136

Start here: http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/food/vegetables/ (there is a ton to go though, but this page has a drop down menu)

And then here: justmeat.co

(Empress of the Unexpected) #137

Thanks.

(Genevieve Biggs) #138

No need! Most ZC veterans don’t eat any. Only eat it if you like it.

(Genevieve Biggs) #139

If you need more let me know. I have more, :stuck_out_tongue: but Dr. Ede (diagnosis diet) is a good place to start. There are several articles on her website that are helpful.

(Daryl G Jackson ) #140

Look up the Carnivore diet. Dr. Shawn Baker does podcasts, carnivore diet only for several years, he eats only animal derived foods. He is a 50 something athlete.

(grace elizabeth) #141

I just finished reading this entire thread and I am very interested in dropping the veg, nuts, dairy, and eating only beef, chicken, pork, fish, shellfish, eggs, bacon and of course fat.
My question is, how do I eat this way and reduce my blood sugar/IR at the same time. I am on no meds and am slowly getting it down with diet only.

(Genevieve Biggs) #142

Zero carb is the perfect way to control blood sugar and IR. Many people do it on ZC with no issues. Some people may have a short term rise in BG, but it’s nothing to worry about. The body regulates itself. This article is specifically on blood sugar, but please browse the website to learn more. :blush: http://www.zerocarbhealth.com/index.php/2015/06/03/why-is-my-blood-sugar-so-high/

ZC 16 months

(Elizabeth ) #143