I'm out

(Loraine Hansen) #41

Okay. I followed the topic “I’m out”. I’m still trying to get used to how the forum works. Thanks.

I usually eat each spoonful of protein (including cheese) or veggie with a spoonful of coconut oil, homemade mayo, or chunk of butter. The fat enhances anything you’re eating from fish, meat, cheese, veggie, and even macadamian nuts. It’s so satisfying and rich!

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #43

Quite the opposite. I’ve heard many stories of ZC putting depression in remission. I’m among them.

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #44

Look at the tags under the topic. It’s tagged as ZC.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #45

I can believe it. I was asking for clarity in response to what someone else had said.

Looks like I’ll be in the ZC crowd. I’ve been eating broccoli for about 10 days now and couldnt figure out why my ketones would be .3 mmol when I’d wake up, and that’s been happening for about 10 days. If my ketones were where they used to be, I would’ve figured that out much faster lol.

(Norma Laming) #47

I know this is an old thread and I doubt if I will ever have the courage to try ZC. But I would be very interested to know how people who posted here are fairing now, towards the end of the year?

@Hermione I’ve been ZC since mid-April. I’m doing very well. I eat fatty meats and add fat to fish. Zero vegetables, although I do drink a fair amount of tea. My sole issue, which has been bothering me for over a week, is restless legs at night. Not sure what’s causing it. It could be I’m not eating enough potassium. I plan to increase my consumption of salmon and mollusks to remedy it so we’ll see how that goes. Maybe @amber has a suggestion for me on that issue. Anyway, my weight and inches are SLOWLY ratcheting down, I’m alert, have lots of stamina even with the restless legs interrupting my sleep.

(Norma Laming) #49

Good luck with that! I know that many people are successful on the ZC, which is why follow the topic with so much interest. I think varying between different types of meat, including organ meats, and seafood, including crustacea and fish, is likely to be important.

Thank you for your reply

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #50

I think I’m going to end up ZC by default, just because I seem to be acting like an addict where all carbohydrate is concerned, not just sugar. I had salad last night with supper and attacked it as though I were bingeing on sugar. So I will be following this topic work great interest.

(Norma Laming) #51

Dr Westman says on one of the YouTube videos that people on most diets cheat by eating sweets etc but people on his low carb regime cheat by eats no extra beg and salad!

(Norma Laming) #52

Veg!!

(Clara Teixeira) #53

Interesting observation. I have never been able to eat broccoli without serious digestive upset. Brussels sprouts and cabbage only provide some discomfort when cooked into submission.

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #54

Sorry, just seeing this. How is it now?

(Brian) #55

Browned butter helps. :smiley: Just had some Brussels sprouts covered in browned butter for supper. Mmm, mmm, mmm!! That was some good eats!

@amber The restless legs seem to come and go. I’ve been eating canned oysters and clams a couple times a week and haven’t had restless legs during that time. I don’t know if there’s a connection or if it’s coincidental. Any suggestions or thoughts?

(Keto in Katy) #57

I have been moving a little closer to carnivory myself just because I notice that I feel my best after eating mostly meat and fat for a couple days. Veggies are a little less appealing to me now but I still eat some.

(L. Amber O'Hearn) #58

Keep eating them?

You mentioned you suspect potassium. Have you tried supplementing it?

@amber Hi, Amber. I supplement potassium on and off, but was consistent with it the last five or so days because of the insomnia and crazy legs. Didn’t seem to help.

(Sondra Rose) #60

Magnesium deficiency seems to be the culprit for some, though not all. Suggest Magnesium Citrate capsules or Magnesium Glycinate. 200-600 mg before bed.