I'm not feeling great

(Wendy) #1

Thought I’d try a cheat meal higher carb, non healthy food meal. I had a very small appetite but kind of shaky. So I grabbed a KFC 2 piece chicken thingy. I ate the original fried chicken, it came with lame mashed potatoes and gravy. I ate a little of those but they were, eh, lame. I had one sip of the diet Pepsi and hated it, a bite of the biscuit and 1/2 of the chocolate chip cookie. So I’m not sure it made a difference. I’m still feeling a bit off. I’m not sure if my electrolytes are off as I’ve had some diarrhea for a couple days. I was hoping this would maybe make me feel a bit better. I kind of feel like my BS is kind of low. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be back to normal,

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

Feel better soon, and check your blood sugar!

(Wendy) #3

Thanks, I would but I don’t have a meter.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #4

Ok - if I can talk my next door neighbor into buying a meter…They are cheap, the strips really aren’t, but I think it is as important as owning a blood pressure cuff. Especially cause the whole point of this WOE is blood glucose management. Will your insurance cover it? OK, sorry, lecture over. I’m a nut - we run a full hospital here. Ketone measurements, blood glucose, blood pressure, even blood ox. Because we love measuring stuff.

When I decide to eat something I know I shouldn’t I usually have a worse reaction to the flour/gluten than sugar… Or maybe that’s wishing thinking. I totally had Chinese buffet last weekend… sooooo delicious but I felt like poop the next day so I won’t be doing that again soon.

I would try some ketoaid. Hopefully you feel better soon :slight_smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #6

I’m just curious, if you chose to eat some carbs because you weren’t feeling the greatest, why did you choose the worst carbs to indulge in rather than a healthier variety?

Because that would definitely make you feel worse rather than better.
Every time I thought carbs would made me feel better, I was so wrong lol.

Unfortunately KFC is notorious for having lots of MSG in their food. Which is not good. :frowning_face:

http://www.scq.ubc.ca/msg-more-than-meets-the-tongue/

(Running from stupidity) #8

I can’t speak for the OP, but I do this too. I am feeling crappy and I’ll just get a sense that something (food or what have you) will make it better, even if it makes no logical sense.

Maybe because I’ve fallen off keto the last week or so, but I can relate to this, even if it doesn’t make sense.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #10

Oh we have all done it at some point.
But we learn very quickly not to, lol.
Hence my curiosity.

(Running from stupidity) #11

#foodismedicine

(Wendy) #12

I just wanted something I didn’t need to fix and I was limited on time and money. It was one of those days when nothing sounded good to eat and fried chicken sounded palatable. I actually wanted a good pizza. :slight_smile: Who knows why. I really didn’t eat very much of the junk.
I am feeling better today though, at least as of 5:30 am.:laughing: Now I have to get up and get ready to actually go to work.

Get a glucose monitor. It makes no sense to say you feel your BG is low, until you know you cannot say. Go to Walmart and get the Freestyle Neo I think is the brand otherwise it is one of the other Freestyles althugh some are pricey sometimes you can get them on sale for $9 otherwise $20. Their strips are the cheapest. At Walmart they are about $25 for 50 strips and those should last you if you only monitor when you feel bad

That’s all I need to know. :grin:

Seriously though, that was a fair enough article. It’s true, some are more sensitive than others. Anytime Lisa eats something with MSG, she gets a headache. Unfortunately we don’t know it has, until she gets the headache.

(Running from stupidity) #15

Agreed, I thought it was pretty decent.

(Wendy) #16

Well guess today a bit of a cheat day as well, had two pieces of take out pizza and a bit of chocolate ice cream. but I am feeling much better for whatever reason. I’m guessing it was more electrolyte than low sugar. I ate more pink salt during work and had some pickle juice. I was having some dizziness and tingling in my extremities.
The pizza was good, I haven’t had any in several months. I’m sure the fathead or similar would be just as good if not better. Tomorrow its back to my normal keto eating and I will be more diligent about eating my salt.

Who knows why I chose KFC. It was a better choice than taco bell at least. :slight_smile:

(Wendy) #17

Exactly! Sometimes our choices make no logical sense. And sometimes our gut sense is just that! As long as we go back to our normal healthy choices its ok.